Start by marking “A Minnesota Book of Days” as Want to Read:
A Minnesota Book of Days

A Minnesota Book of Days

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Mr. Mohr has taken a vacation from his lawn chair and looking at the horizon to create this book of funny days, many of which feature his good friend and neighbor, Harold Mire (married to Ethel), whose passion in life is car repair.
Published August 1st 1989 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about A Minnesota Book of Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Minnesota Book of Days

Sue
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
That was hysterical! By page 9 I was laughing so hard I was crying. I can't imagine this being as funny to people who aren't from Minnesota, but if you are, it's a real hoot. From the Lutheran church basement themed restaurant to the endless shenanigans of Harold Mire and his wife, Ethel, this book has got us down pat. We're an odd bunch, with our mixture of open friendliness (Lutherans) and soul crushing silent judgement (again, Lutherans) and our love of giant community get-togethers (MN State ...more
Sic Transit Gloria
Jul 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Howard Mohr (author of How to Talk Minnesota) brings us another new Minnesotan humor novel. This time, he presents a wacky event each day, each one uniquely Minnesotan.

As always, Mohr is hilarious. There are a few events I could pick out (Minnesota Bigfoot, the Prairie Mall, the solar pyramid) t hat are great, but the humor also has a cumulative effect. A few days will leave you chuckling, a month will have you laughing out loud, and the book in one sitting will make it hurt to grin and laugh.
Susan
Sep 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Mohr gives a day by day account of life in Minnesota, from incidents in the life of "Harold Mire" and family, to sightings of Minnesota Big Foot, who is usually bemused by the activities of the humans around him. Three-hundred sixty six entries, ranging from a few sentences to a page or more, full of gentle humor--a delightful read.
Janet Green
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's been a very long time since I first read this book, but I still giggle every time I think of how Big Foot kept popping up. And, I truly believe every town needs a Bigger Hammer Hardware. Just really delightful "everytown" humor.
Gail
Sara
added it
Sep 08, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover for H. Mohr 3 18 Aug 22, 2015 10:02PM
Howard Mohr was a writer and performer for several years on the radio program A Prairie Home Companion. He has since created two long-running musicals based on How to Talk Minnesotan. Twin Cities Public Television filmed a popular award-winning version of Howard’s book in 1991. He lives with his wife in Cottonwood, Minnesota.
More about Howard Mohr...