Start by marking “Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People” as Want to Read:
Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

Fresh Faith will restore your faith in the promises of God and revitalize your relationship with him.
Hardcover
Published August 13th 1999 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Faith

Stanley Lee
Apr 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is simple. I usually don't like simple books. But this is a huge exception. It is one of the most formative books in my spiritual journey and I'm really grateful that I learned about the importance of prayer from this work.
Tim Baumgartner
This book, along with his other two (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Power), that I'm aware of, was another I did not want to put down. The author, Pastor Jim Cymbala, whose famous Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir has influenced a lot of American Christian culture, drew me in with lots of gripping stories of how the Gospel is powerful enough to change people from what seem to be hopeless situations--through faith and prayer.

This book is a call to faith and prayer. God has inspired this church to pray 24
Jacob Collier
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a life changing book that I have read after a long time. Here are some more similar books on Christianity: https://www.amazon.com/s?i=stripbooks...
Tamma
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a wonderful reminder of what is possible when one has faith. It was a fairly simple book but then again for a believer it should be.
Connie Hendryx
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I read this aloud to my husband as we travelled....lots of food for thought!
Monica Willyard Moen
This is an uplifting, encouraging book about what faith can do when people are willing to act.
Nick Di Mauro
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is even better than his debut, Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire as it is more cohesive with equally powerful testimonies!
Melissa
Feb 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many good quotes:

Satan wants us to focus on the problem, not the Provider... If we stop spending time with the Lord in prayer, the concerns of the physical world snatch our attention and dominate us, while the spiritual senses deaden and the promises fade.

I am absolutely convinced that the number one reason that Christians today don't pray more is because we
Steve Campbell
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church-health
Warning: if you read this book prayerfully and with an open mind, you will be convicted and your faith will grow. Jim Cymbala pulls no punches in identifying the weakness in the faith of many American Christians, but he doesn't just call us out. He calls us to renew our faith, and he gives us solid, biblical suggestions as to how we can do just that. This book along with the Spirit's promptings will change your life!
Danny
Dec 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Some of my favorite quotes:
How must God feel every Sunday when, all over the nation, so many people gather in churches but do so little actual praying?
The great battle of our spiritual lives is, "Will you believe?" It is not, "Will you try harder?"
"The hardest part of faith is often simply to wait".
Do we believe what our feelings and circumstances tell us, or do we believe what God has promised to do?
In fact, the greatest battle on earth has not been fought on the Normandy beache
Cindy
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Faith isn't just agreeing in the head this is true, Faith is believing within the heart. Faith is especially nurtured when distractions are removed so that the voice of God can be heard, this takes time with Him, time in His Word, and time meditating. But most of all its following Jesus even when we don't understand or know why, when, or how; just like Abraham.

This book is filled with fresh insight to the need and desire for Faith in our Christian Churches and lives.
Aarti Royan
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot recommend this book enough .. Like another review mentioned , this book is simple but it's the simple foundational steps that are most essential in building a rock solid faith and that's just what this book will do . Every testimony both from the bible and from Cymbala's church are highly impacting. Another brilliant book by Jim Cymbala.
Olivia Reid
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the time I read this book, I was not a very strong believer, still trying to find my way through troubling post-teen, early college life. However, it was exactly what I needed. I don't remember much except its impact that it had which was powerful ... And I guess that is one of the higher compliments you can give a book. It accomplished its purpose, influencing who I am today.
Scott
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim Cymbala has a knack for Challenging the comfortable and Comforting the challenged... In this book he uses real life stories from members and guests at Brooklyn Tabernacle to draw the reader into the subject and engage us with the living Holy Spirit of God... If your faith has grown cold this is the book to re-ignite the fire that burned within at some time in the past...
Christian
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book that every Christian needs to read! It's short and simple, but it is so full of biblical wisdom that will humble and convict you while always pointing to Christ. I'll definitely be reading more of Jim Cymbala's work.
Valerie Van Moorsel
I really enjoyed reading this, took me a bit longer as i let things sink in, it challenged my faith and encouraged me to have a greater real faith in God who never fails and delivers on all m His promises.
i am glad that i came across this book and look forward to reading more from this author
Dr.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book challenges our “come what may” attitude when it comes to our relationship with God. Too often what we call faith is only an intellectual belief. We need to see the true attitude of our hearts and come boldly to His Throne.
Hon3yb33
Mar 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book allows me to be optimistic in a world that looks at it as if it is childish.
Maria
Jan 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book.
Beverley
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book
Lacey Michael
Mar 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what a great book to end the year on! good reminders and encouragement. loved it more than when i first read it.
Patrick Byrd
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like practical ways to tap into supernatural power.. Cymbala's books do just that and filled with encouragement they will leave you filled with Fresh Faith!
Ben Simmonds
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly excellent book - filled with honest teaching and inspiring stories of practical faith and God's faithfulness! Make this book a priority - well worth the read.
~alyssa~
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All believers
Great read. Jim Cymbala uses biblical references and real life stories that have unfolded before his eyes, of how true faith can transform lives.
Rhoda
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an encouraging and uplifting book and I'm so glad I picked it up to read it. I definitely want to read more books by Jim Cymbala
Isabella
Jan 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book. I read it about 8yrs ago and it gave me a different perspective on faith and increased my faith. I read it again this year for a fresh look at faith!
Susan B
Every Christian should read this book. Real faith seems sadly lacking in today's world and we need a refreshing.
Dwayne Smith
Shows how God works in the lives of His people.
Donna
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book will refocus you on your Christian walk.
Lisa
Oct 24, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
probably too fundamental for me, but i do like the images of taking back what evil has stolen. it seems appropriate when i think of my 9th grader....
  • Paul for Everyone: Galatians and Thessalonians
  • Hope for the Troubled Heart: Finding God in the Midst of Pain
  • The Great House of God
  • Prodigals and Those Who Love Them
  • The Invisible War: What Every Believer Needs to Know about Satan, Demons, and Spiritual Warfare
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • Daring to Draw Near
  • The Hidden Life of Prayer: The Lifeblood of the Christian
  • Fasting for Spiritual Breakthrough: A Guide to Nine Biblical Fasts
  • E. M. Bounds on Prayer
  • The Body
  • Breaking the Code - Participant's Book: Understanding the Book of Revelation
  • The Case for Hope: Looking Ahead With Confidence and Courage
  • New Birth or Rebirth?: Jesus Talks with Krishna (Great Conversations)
  • The Lord and His Prayer
  • God-Breathed: The Undeniable Power and Reliability of Scripture
  • The Name
Jim Cymbala has been the pastor of The Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than twenty-five years. The author of the best-selling titles Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Faith; and Fresh Power, he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.
“It may not seem obvious at first glance, but the way we make decisions in life tells a lot about the kind of faith we have in Jesus Christ. ” 21 likes
“I have since learned that the most mature believer is the one who is bent over, leaning most heavily on the Lord, and admitting his total inability to do anything without Christ. The greatest Christian is not the one who has achieved the most but rather the one who has received the most.” 16 likes