Start by marking “Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People” as Want to Read:
Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People

Fresh Faith will restore your faith in the promises of God and revitalize your relationship with him.
Hardcover
Published August 13th 1999 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Faith

Start your review of Fresh Faith: What Happens When Real Faith Ignites God's People
Stanley Lee
Apr 21, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is simple. I usually don't like simple books. But this is a huge exception. It is one of the most formative books in my spiritual journey and I'm really grateful that I learned about the importance of prayer from this work.
Candace Davey
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim is one of my favorite Christian authors for the simple fact that he never makes the content within in the pages about him but rather he uses illustrations from the lives of others, keeping the focus of the book %100 centered on the Lord.
Michael Otto
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Using events in the Bible and things that happens in his church show how God can come to revive and enliven possibly stale faith to make it fresh again.
Paige Gordon
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim has an annoying habit of writing books that completely wreck my life and cut so deeply into my soul that I feel like I’ve just undergone open heart surgery. This was just another of those. Trying to pick a favorite Quote from it is like trying to choose which one of my children is my favorite. This book will encourage and challenge you in incredibly deep ways and if you let it, it will reignite a passion for true faith and humbling to ask God to do a mighty work in your life to restore every ...more
Tim Baumgartner
This book, along with his other two (Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Power), that I'm aware of, was another I did not want to put down. The author, Pastor Jim Cymbala, whose famous Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir has influenced a lot of American Christian culture, drew me in with lots of gripping stories of how the Gospel is powerful enough to change people from what seem to be hopeless situations--through faith and prayer.

This book is a call to faith and prayer. God has inspired this church to pray 24
Nicolas
Jun 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
There was a lot of good here, but this doesn't hold up as well as some of the authors other works. Some sections haven't aged well while others feel light on substance. Not bad, just right down the center.
Nick Di Mauro
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one is even better than his debut, Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire as it is more cohesive with equally powerful testimonies!
Connie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I read this aloud to my husband as we travelled....lots of food for thought!
Monica Willyard Moen
This is an uplifting, encouraging book about what faith can do when people are willing to act.
Yvette Cherry
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I’m feeling a bit flat, I just read a bit of Jim Cymbala and then I’m good to go again. This man speaks truth with grace and God moves mightily through him.
Carol
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cymbala calls readers back to authentic, biblical faith. Born out of the heart and soul of The Brooklyn Tabernacle, the message of "Fresh Faith" is illustrated by true stories of men and women whose lives have been changed through the power of faith.
Melissa
Feb 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many good quotes:

Satan wants us to focus on the problem, not the Provider... If we stop spending time with the Lord in prayer, the concerns of the physical world snatch our attention and dominate us, while the spiritual senses deaden and the promises fade.

I am absolutely convinced that the number one reason that Christians today don't pray more is because we
Steve Campbell
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: church-health
Warning: if you read this book prayerfully and with an open mind, you will be convicted and your faith will grow. Jim Cymbala pulls no punches in identifying the weakness in the faith of many American Christians, but he doesn't just call us out. He calls us to renew our faith, and he gives us solid, biblical suggestions as to how we can do just that. This book along with the Spirit's promptings will change your life!
Danny
Dec 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book! Some of my favorite quotes:
How must God feel every Sunday when, all over the nation, so many people gather in churches but do so little actual praying?
The great battle of our spiritual lives is, "Will you believe?" It is not, "Will you try harder?"
"The hardest part of faith is often simply to wait".
Do we believe what our feelings and circumstances tell us, or do we believe what God has promised to do?
In fact, the greatest battle on earth has not been fought on the Normandy beache
Cindy
May 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Faith isn't just agreeing in the head this is true, Faith is believing within the heart. Faith is especially nurtured when distractions are removed so that the voice of God can be heard, this takes time with Him, time in His Word, and time meditating. But most of all its following Jesus even when we don't understand or know why, when, or how; just like Abraham.

This book is filled with fresh insight to the need and desire for Faith in our Christian Churches and lives.
Scott
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim Cymbala has a knack for Challenging the comfortable and Comforting the challenged... In this book he uses real life stories from members and guests at Brooklyn Tabernacle to draw the reader into the subject and engage us with the living Holy Spirit of God... If your faith has grown cold this is the book to re-ignite the fire that burned within at some time in the past...
Aarti Royan
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot recommend this book enough .. Like another review mentioned , this book is simple but it's the simple foundational steps that are most essential in building a rock solid faith and that's just what this book will do . Every testimony both from the bible and from Cymbala's church are highly impacting. Another brilliant book by Jim Cymbala.
Olivia Reid
May 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the time I read this book, I was not a very strong believer, still trying to find my way through troubling post-teen, early college life. However, it was exactly what I needed. I don't remember much except its impact that it had which was powerful ... And I guess that is one of the higher compliments you can give a book. It accomplished its purpose, influencing who I am today.
Dr.
Mar 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book challenges our “come what may” attitude when it comes to our relationship with God. Too often what we call faith is only an intellectual belief. We need to see the true attitude of our hearts and come boldly to His Throne.
Valerie Van Moorsel
I really enjoyed reading this, took me a bit longer as i let things sink in, it challenged my faith and encouraged me to have a greater real faith in God who never fails and delivers on all m His promises.
i am glad that i came across this book and look forward to reading more from this author
Christian
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book that every Christian needs to read! It's short and simple, but it is so full of biblical wisdom that will humble and convict you while always pointing to Christ. I'll definitely be reading more of Jim Cymbala's work.
Christiana
Mar 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jim Cymbala is one of my favorite preachers/pastors. The stories from his church are powerful!. Everytime I read one of his books I am reminded of how awesome God is!!

Hon3yb33
Mar 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book allows me to be optimistic in a world that looks at it as if it is childish.
Donna
Aug 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book will refocus you on your Christian walk.
~alyssa~
Sep 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All believers
Great read. Jim Cymbala uses biblical references and real life stories that have unfolded before his eyes, of how true faith can transform lives.
Lisa
Oct 24, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
probably too fundamental for me, but i do like the images of taking back what evil has stolen. it seems appropriate when i think of my 9th grader....
Maria
Jan 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book.
Jamie Leeper
Oct 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great Book! Really shows what a strong faith can do!! You can change any bad circumstance through faith!
Jamie
Nov 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was tremendously refreshing to me. Just simple and profound and good.
Dwayne Smith
Shows how God works in the lives of His people.

• Dangerous Prayers: Because Following Jesus Was Never Meant to Be Safe
  • Experiencing God: How to Live the Full Adventure of Knowing and Doing the Will of God
  • The Power of a Praying Wife
  • Confessions on the 7:45
  • Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God, Workbook
  • Mr. Kiss and Tell (Veronica Mars, #2)
  • He Chose the Nails: What God Did to Win Your Heart
  • No Wonder They Call Him the Savior: Experiencing the Truth of the Cross
  • The Pursuit of Holiness
  • The Inner Level: How More Equal Societies Reduce Stress, Restore Sanity and Improve Everyone's Well-Being
  • How to Be an Anticapitalist in the Twenty-First Century
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life
  • Analog Church: Why We Need Real People, Places, and Things in the Digital Age
  • The House on Fripp Island
  • Do Nothing: How to Break Away from Overworking, Overdoing, and Underliving
  • Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life
  • Hinds' Feet on High Places
Jim Cymbala has been the pastor of The Brooklyn Tabernacle for more than twenty-five years. The author of the best-selling titles Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire; Fresh Faith; and Fresh Power, he lives in New York City with his wife, Carol Cymbala, who directs the Grammy Award-winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.

News & Interviews

“It may not seem obvious at first glance, but the way we make decisions in life tells a lot about the kind of faith we have in Jesus Christ. ” 22 likes
“I have since learned that the most mature believer is the one who is bent over, leaning most heavily on the Lord, and admitting his total inability to do anything without Christ. The greatest Christian is not the one who has achieved the most but rather the one who has received the most.” 16 likes