Start by marking “The Remarkable Women of the Bible: And Their Message for Your Life Today” as Want to Read:
The Remarkable Women of the Bible: And Their Message for Your Life Today

The Remarkable Women of the Bible: And Their Message for Your Life Today

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  196 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
In this inspiring look at the lives of women in the Bible, bestselling author Elizabeth George reveals refreshing models of faith for today. Stories about Eve, Deborah, Sarah, Ruth, Mary, and other women from Scripture offer testimonies of changed lives and reflections on the remarkable strengths God cultivates in women who love Him—Jocebed is an example of a remarkable mo ...more
Published August 15th 2003 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Remarkable Women of the Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Remarkable Women of the Bible

Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was a huge blessing and was given to me right when I needed it most. I haven't actually returned it to the right place of the shelf because I keep rereading sections. Unlike a lot of books today, this book chose to focus on what these women did right. I get tired of the books that focus of their failures. I highly recommend this book.
Jill Odens
Sep 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
On the whole, it is focused on the "remarkable" women rather than making much of our remarkable God. Disappointing and rather shallow.
Stacy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Marcy Monnahan
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uplifting! Great overview of many great women in the Bible!
Sandy
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved learning about the women in the Bible and how to apply it to my life.
Mandy J. Hoffman
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
As a new wife I cute my teeth, spiritually speaking, on the writing of Elizabeth George. For several years I read book after book by her and grew immensely in my understanding and application of the Bible and therefore have a high respect for this godly woman. Once again, in The Remarkable Women of the Bible, she digs into God's Word to help us better understand the many stories in Scripture. I enjoyed being challenged to pull apart the story and cross reference to learn as much from each event ...more
Magdalene Lim
Jan 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Doubt see the obstacles. Faith sees the way.
Doubt sees the darkest night. Faith sees the day.
Doubt dreads to take a step. Faith soars on high.
Doubt questions, "Who believes?" Faith answers, "I."

My favourite part of the book were the poems. And I don't even like poems!! I appreciated the food for thought provided by the learning points from the different character but wish there could have been more background and insight into each character. Was deciding between this and Women of the Bible for c
Lisa
Aug 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I feel bad giving it 3 stars but I did "like it" and not "really like it" so there you have it. It took me FOREVER to read this book because I would just read one chapter every few weeks. I enjoyed learning about women in the Bible since I knew very little about any of them. If you're wanting to learn more about women in the Bible, this is a good book to read.
Emma Fischer
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think this book is absolutely great for any woman to read. My favourite point was in the first chapter regarding Eve. Eve had a lot of things happen to her (her son became a murderer, her other son was murdered etc.) and she had absolutely no one to go to to talk to. She only had her husband and God. This is a great encouragement for me.
Aimeemunson
Apr 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It gave great insight to not only to the more well known women of the Bible but also the lesser known ones. It created in me the an desire to learn more about the women I don't know much about.
Natassha Miller
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A deep study on the marvelous lives of women which God chose to use throughout history. This book presents the lives and choices of women that were figuring out life, but also the One which is God.
Linda
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual
Interesting, inspirational and informative.
Shantelle
Dec 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!!!
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the women she wrote about. She gave excellent views of their lives and ways we can learn from even some of their mistakes. Any book by Elizabeth George is worth owning!
Tanya Roe
Mar 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this commentary. It is a good introduction to stories you may not hear about often in church. It made me break out my Bible and look them up!
Rosanna Gonzales
Dec 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great study of the lives of these marvelous not so perfect women of the bible !! Enjoyed it tremendously !!
Andrea
  • Becoming a Woman of Purpose
  • Disciplines of the Beautiful Woman
  • Praying God's Will for Your Life: A Prayerful Walk to Spiritual Well Being
  • Surrender: The Heart God Controls
  • The Women's Devotional Guide to the Bible: A One-Year Plan for Studying, Praying, and Responding to God's Word
  • Becoming a Titus 2 Woman
  • Unseduced and Unshaken: The Place of Dignity in a Woman's Choices
  • Women of the Bible: A One-Year Devotional Study of Women in Scripture
  • Thus Saith The Lord: How to know when God is speaking to you through another
  • Malachi: A Love That Never Lets Go
  • Spiritual Warfare for Women: Winning the Battle for Your Home, Family, and Friends
  • Pillars of Grace, AD 100–1564 (A Long Line of Godly Men, #2)
  • To Live is Christ - Member Book
  • Courageous Love: A Bible Study on Holiness for Women
  • Womanly Dominion: More Than A Gentle and Quiet Spirit
  • Really Bad Girls of the Bible: More Lessons from Less-Than-Perfect-Women
  • All Loves Excelling
  • NIV Women of Faith Study Bible: Experience the Liberating Grace of God
Elizabeth George is bestselling author and national speaker dedicated to helping people live a life after God’s own heart. For over 30 years, the teachings and steadfast example of Elizabeth has helped countless men and women:

- Simplify life by focusing on God’s priorities.
- Appreciate God’s Word and apply it to everyday situations.
- Respond to circumstances with confidence by seeing yourself thro
“Beloved, there is no way to measure the continuing influence of one godly mother.” 2 likes
“Prayer is the expression of your heart’s sincere desires poured out to God.” 0 likes