Start by marking “Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition” as Want to Read:
Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition

Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  156 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
If you've been let down by the undelivered promises of marketing, this book is for you. "Launch" reveals a new way to grow your business that involves focusing on the needs of others, giving gifts, working with outsiders, and restraining your marketing messages. These principles are precisely the opposite of traditional marketing. Yet they work. And they are the future. If ...more
Published May 23rd 2011 by Wiley

To ask other readers questions about Launch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Launch

Donovan Richards
The Emerging Might of Social Media

Not yet a decade old, social media has transformed the way we live our lives. From the way we interact with our friends and family to the way information disseminates, social media now operates integrally in our lives.

For businesses, social media creates both unique problems and unique opportunities. Where a business could previously rely on dissatisfied customers sharing their vitriol to a handful of people, social media expands the platform for customers to p
K.M. Weiland
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book offers sound marketing advice, almost all of which is applicable to writers. I put it on my wishlist several years ago and was worried when I finally began it that it might be outdated. But it’s held up remarkably well in our fast-changing digital business place. For the most part, I think authors who have been marketing for any length of time will be familiar with most of the ideas presented here, but I still came away with a few valuable tips.
Svetlana
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Одна из лучших книг по продвижению бизнеса через контент.
Amy
Sep 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book outlines a practical marketing methodology with realistic examples to show how these guidelines can be applied.

I've never felt comfortable with the idea of clobbering potential customers with marketing messages, which seems to be a standard operating procedure among many businesses today. Does anyone really like being the target of an aggressive marketing campaign? I know I don't. So Stelzner's philosophy of marketing by building strong connections and developing good content, rather t
Julia Doherty
Jul 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Michael Stelzner, and this book has been on my "to read" list for sometime. Because I have been listening to Michael's podcast and reading his blog for the last few years I was not really expecting to learn anything new, but I was pleasantly surprised.

My takeaways:

1. Record real life videos on the go when I get inspirational ideas.

2. Ideas for blogging content, ie: looking at latest releases on Amazon, guest blogging and lots mire.

3. Tips on getting experts to your blog. (I l
Matthew
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Launch offers a refreshing mix of big ideas, practical application and inspiration. Books in this genre often inspire you to "greatness" then leave you overwhelmed because you don't really know what that looks like for you, and you have no idea where to start. Stelzner shows where he started and how he got to where he is now and presents strategies from content development to under-the-radar marketing that can help you propel your business beyond the competition.
Roy Page
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid no nonsense book on leveraging the power of social and digital media. Inspires many new ideas that you can apply to your business. Launch: How to Quickly Propel Your Business Beyond the Competition
Tom
Aug 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a lot of good information, but a lot of it is overview. Details are a little lacking and some of the info has been covered ad nauseum by other authors. But I did pick up a few new helpful ideas so it was worth it.
Ann Hudspeth
This book was so meta: he wrote a book (which felt like a long white paper) about writing white papers about writing white papers. Fairly repetitive and I'm not sure how transferable many of these techniques are to other industries.
Alexey
Jul 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rather interesting view on 'soft' marketing strategy. Particularly perceptive observation on the trade between audience growth and sales dynamics. Otherwise nothing extremely new (full disclosure: I've read the book 3 years after it was first published).
Drucilla
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: s
The way this book is written is great. It's vague enough to be used as a model for any business, but it's specific in describing exactly what you need to do. Stelzner uses the recurring metaphor of a spaceship to describe his business model and it makes the model very easy to understand.
Amber Nettles
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biz
I LOVED this. I want to buy a dozen copies and give them to current and former coworkers - the methods and strategy employed by Stelzner can, I think, be applied not just to startups and new business, but also highlight the faults with current business strategy/marketing plans. A+ all around.
Paridae
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: нонфикшн
это совсем не книга про контент
опять сборник баек в стиле "посмотрите, как мы делали и примените это в своей работе, плевать, какая у вас сфера"
ну и устарела она немножко, да.
пфффф
Yuriy Gerasimov
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As it was my first book about content I found it very interesting. Nice structure and approaches to ways building content for website. Highly recommend it to marketing departments.
Jeremy Chandanais
A wonderful book that will make you do one of those V-8 commercial head slaps. Mr. Stelzner knows his stuff! Lots of great content inside check it out entrepreneurs!
Jean-Michel Ghoussoub
This book as about how to effectively market your products and services in our chaotic modern business world. A must read for marketing people and social media practitioners.
Alan Martin
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Social Media Examiner are a shining example of how to win at social media through providing valuable content. This is a must read for anyone interested in improving their social media marketing.
Buzzlair Voufincci
Practical, tactical and ready for implementation. Not much bells and whistle and just right for those who wanna take action and needed and insider's view on how to run things. Just perfect.
James
Mar 29, 2016
Anastasiia Husieva
Oct 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization (Que Biz-Tech) (Que Biz-Tech (Old Edition))
  • The Now Revolution: 7 Shifts to Make Your Business Faster, Smarter, and More Social
  • Return On Influence: The Revolutionary Power of Klout, Social Scoring, and Influence Marketing
  • The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
  • Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks)
  • The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web
  • No Bullshit Social Media: The All-Business, No-Hype Guide to Social Media Marketing
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • Make your Idea Matter
  • Social State: Thoughts, Stats and Stories about the State of Social Media in 2013
  • The Power of Unpopular: A Guide to Building Your Brand for the Audience Who Will Love You (and why no one else matters)
  • The Art of Influencing Anyone
  • Epic Content Marketing: How to Tell a Different Story, Break Through the Clutter, and Win More Customers by Marketing Less
  • Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day