Start by marking “Night Watch (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #11)” as Want to Read:
Night Watch (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #11)

Night Watch (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #11)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  3,099 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
HOLLYWOOD NIGHTS...LEADING TO HOLLYWOOD DAZE

When U.S. Navy SEAL Chief Wes Skelly was sent to L.A. on assignment, he agreed to go on a blind date with beautiful single mother Brittany Evans, sister-in-law of a fellow SEAL. After all, he had been secretly in love for years, albeit with a woman who belonged to another man. So what did he have to lose?

Plenty, it turned out. Be
Kindle Edition, Silhouette Intimate Moments #1243, 379 pages
Published May 31st 2011 by HQN Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Night Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Watch

Buggy
Opening Line: “Brittany Evan’s hated to be late, but parking had been a pain in the butt.”

With Wes’s story we come to the end of the Tall Dark and Dangerous series and I have to say I was more than a little sad. I’ve had such a good time with this series (and all its hunky SEAL's) and can’t say enough good things about it.

I’m always guaranteed a good time here, with clever writing, action packed storylines, to-die-for heroes and strong women that bring them to their knees. Brockmann’s dialogue i
Jacqueline
This is one of my favorites of the Tall, Dark & Dangerous series. I loved Wes Skelly through the whole series. He is not tall dark and handsome but more average looking while still being tough. But mostly I like him because he is not perfect. He has a smoking problem and a drinking problem and loves an unavailable woman. But he is a good man. He meets a new woman and falls in love with her and lets himself be happy after years of relationship pain. The way he cares for the heroine is very to ...more
CaliGirlRae
After finishing Taylor's Temptation aka Bobby's story, I had to find out how Wes got his girl. It was always Wes and Bobby but since Bobby is taken, Wes sort of felt like he was on his own and we couldn't have that. ;-)

Brockmann still kicks butt here with the suspense and romance as Wes is called to LA to check up on the movie start sister of object of his affection Lana (his buddy Matt "Wizard" Quinn's wife). Although this time around, I liked the character drama rather than the suspense. Wes i
Wendy
I enjoyed this # 11 in the Tall Dark and Dangerous series. Though not up to par with her Trouble Shooters Books, I enjoyed this well written and intelligent book.

Brittany is a single mother of an adopted son that is in school working to get her Nurse Practicioner's Licence. She is set up on a blind date with a friend of her brother-in-law. She isn't expecting much because she had been burned before. Her ex was a liar and cheater and she isn't thinking that there is another man for her. But she
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
"Lana-the-Bitch. That was how Britt had started thinking of her. Lana-the-Bitch had a husband who was nicknamed Wizard. Wizard-the-Loser. Lana-the-Bitch knew Wizard-the-Loser was unfaithful, but instead of dumping the chump, she instead boosted her self-esteem by telling another man—Wes—to jump through hoops for her."
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
The last book in the earlier Suzanne Brockmann Alpha Team Ten series - a simpler, sweet story to finish off.

Jane Stewart
Pleasant contemporary romance with some suspense. I enjoyed the interesting characters.

STORY BRIEF:
Brittany is divorced and a nurse. Six years ago she adopted thirteen-year-old Andy who is now attending college on a baseball scholarship. They have a great, close relationship. Brittany’s sister set her up on a blind date with Wes a Navy SEAL. Circumstances keep Wes and Brittany together for several days and they develop a really nice close friendship-relationship. Wes has been secretly in love wi
Vintage
this one is a keeper.

I have read several of the Suzanne Brockmann series, and this may be one of her best that I've read so far. Wes is a nicely tortured hero within normal bounds.Like Goldilocks' porridge, he's not too tortured, not too Alpha. He's just right. He's struggling with something from his past that the heroine, Brittany, helps him work through. Brittany is a very realistic heroine, maybe in touch with her feelings a little more than is realistic, but she's a girl you want in your cor
Storm
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like Wes until this book. In fact, I didn't know that this book was about Wes and that was the only reason I started it. In other books Wes is the character you just want to hit on the back of the head. He smokes, he swears, he's not tall and he seems like he has a short-man complex. He was all that in this book but way more adorable. In fact, by the end of the book, I was rooting for Wes. And this is why I love Suzanne Brockmann, her men are real (or as real as they can get on paper). ...more
Bea  Charmed
A sappy, happy love story. The stalker part of the story didn't quite work for me but I liked the book as a whole. I may need to see if the library has the other books in this series.
Tina
More like 3.5 stars

Wes Skelly is a Navy SEAL on leave in LA. He is there for two reasons. 1) He has gone to LA at the request of a good friend, Lana Quinn. Her sister is a big time actress who has a stalker. Lana has asked Wes to go and help her sister set up security for her home and 2) Wes himself is set up on a blind date with Brittany Evans, the sister-in-law of one of his SEAL buddies.

When Britt and Wes meet they hit it off as great friends. Brittany is pretty sure they are aren't suited an
LaFleurBleue
I had reservations when starting this book. Wes did come across as a major looser in the 2 previous books. He seemed unhinged enough in TDD9 Get Lucky to be suspected of being a serial rapist by the heroine. He behaved like an angry teen in TDD10 Taylor's temptation, when his younger sister started to have a relationship with his buddy. Plus I feared a long and boring moral lesson on alcoholism and smoking, two of Wes' demons.
The heroine, Britt, seemed ok in TDD4, Everyday Average Jones, but I f
Writerlibrarian
This is more like a 3 3/4 stars. Suzanne Brockmann's last Tall Dark and Dangerous title is one of my favorite. Her leading man is not the typical, classic hero but the reader along with her leading lady can't help but fall for Wes Skelly. Smaller than most Navy Seal, Skelly wears his insecurities on his sleeve, like his heart. Brockmann succeeds in making her believe in the loyal but misguided love Wes has for the wife of one of his Seal buddy. This unrequired love has gone on for years.

Set up
Becky
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(4 1/2, but I'll round up) I really, really liked Wes and Brittany's story. For much of the series, Wes wasn't much of a character, just the shorter, mouthier half of Bobby and Wes. He really comes to life in this last book, though. I loved that he had so many realistic flaws, yet made a real effort to improve himself. At times he was practically kicking and screaming, sure, but the effort was there. It was also really nice to see Brittany (Melody's sister from Everyday Average Jones--she's defi ...more
Mareli
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ok it's official, I'm in love with Suzanne Brockmann and I want to marry her, even if I'm already married, I'm pretty sure my husband won't have any objections about such a talented woman!

I began this book with little enthusiasm being Wes one of my less fav char. Well, I think I fell in love with him some pages before the heroine. What a man. What a wonderful, complicated, scared, coward and at same time courageous man!!!! This book is a keeper for sure!

So, this was the last one of TD&D se
Nicole
Jul 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Out of all of the TDD series, I liked this one the most, simply for the fact that it had more of a TS feel. Suzanne's humor leaked through in this, and Wes, and all of his flaws, made it seem so much more real. I really, really hope this isn't an indication of what's to come for the TS series though. She says she's taking a break... She says she'll be back... God I hope so! Lopez needs his story told!
Karla Cabcam
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Voy a extrañar esta serie.
Gail
Oct 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like most of Brockmann's Navy Seal books. The woman to the emotional rescue made the book not my favorite from this author but I still recommend it for a good read. Night watch had a bit too much psychological counseling by the too perfect heroine; and the hero was a little clueless about why he did things. However, I still did like the characters. Additionally, it's nice to think that the military is like a caring family portrayed by the author but this reality is fiction in my experience.
David Richey
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seal team ten

A woman not searching to find a man to build her life around stumbles into a man who is sure he is in love with another man's wife. A chance encounter will bring these two together and surprise them both.
Gisela
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read. 4 stars
Sandra Patiño
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lloro, último libro de la serie, como lo disfruté, toda la serie entera!!! Recomendada!!!
Rose Boniello
Oct 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2****

Really fun story— likable characters & a good amount of suspense, action, romance & a great HEA! Hope there is a next book!!
Donna
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always I love the way Suzanne draws her characters and brings you inside.
Adrianne Haley
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as good when reading again

Read this book years ago when first published and loved it then. Read again as ebook and remembered that rush!
VaultOfBooks
Sep 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
By Suzanne Brockmann. Grade: C
As a rule, I like more of her recent action filled romances than her previous sappy romances. I started Night Watch because I wanted to read something light and good, and in that regard, I was not disappointed. In every other regard, I was very disappointed.
buchverliebt
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mit diesem Band endet die wundervolle Reihe der Operation Heartbreaker und lässt mich persönlich wirklich wehmütig und mit mindestens einem tränenden Auge zurück. Umso glücklicher bin ich, dass auch dieser letzte Band wieder einmal all meine Erwartungen erfüllt und eine absolut individuelle, romantische, problematische, verstrickte Geschichte bietet. Was hätte ich mehr erwarten können?!

"In Ihren Augen steht dasselbe wie in meinen: Himmlischer Vater, bewahre mich davor, Freunden und Verwandten j
Kate McMurry
Review of Kindle Edition, reissue of 2003 short contemporary romance

This book was originally released as No. 11 of the Tall, Dark & Dangerous Series published in 2003 by the Silhouette Intimate Moments, short, contemporary romance line from Harlequin. It has been re-released several times, most recently in Kindle format. I was a big fan of this series a decade ago, and it is a pleasure to re-read these books now on my Kindle Fire. This book is well edited and formatted.

Brittany Evans is a nu
Sabine
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: special-books
Wesley Skelly ist schon seit langem in Lana Quinn verliebt, die mit einem seiner Kollegen verheiratet ist. Logisch daher, dass er ihr den Wunsch nicht abschlagen kann als sie ihn bittet, ihrer Schwester Amber zu helfen. Die ist Schauspielerin in L.A. und hat Probleme mit einem Stalker. Doch auch eine andere Sache bringt ihn in die Stadt der Engel: Sein Kumpel Cowboy und dessen Frau Melody haben ihn zu einem Blind Date mit Mels Schwester Brittany überredet.

Brittany Evans hasst nichts so sehr wie
Beate Tinney
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wes, ist der 11. und auch letzte Teil der Operation Heartbreaker Serie. Da ich alle Bände schon einmal gelesen hatte, konnte ich gut in die Geschichte finden. Ich persönlich empfehle aber die Serie von Anfang zu lesen.
Wes ist einer letzter Männer in seiner Einheit, der noch nicht verheiratet ist. Seit Jahren ist er in Lana verliebt, die Frau eines Navy SEALs und tabu für Wes.
Als Lana, Wes darum bittet, bei ihrer Schwester in L. A. die Sicherheitsvorkehrungen zu überprüfen, lernt Wes über ein Bli
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Whisper No Lies (Black Ops Inc., #3)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hide and Seek (T-FLAC, #3)
After childhood plans to become the captain of a starship didn’t pan out, Suzanne Brockmann took her fascination with military history, her respect for the men and women who serve, her reverence for diversity, and her love of storytelling, and explored brave new worlds as a bestselling romance author. Over the past twenty-five years she has written more than fifty-five novels, including her award- ...more
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Tall, Dark & Dangerous (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Prince Joe (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #1)
  • Forever Blue (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #2)
  • Frisco's Kid (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #3)
  • Everyday, Average Jones (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #4)
  • Harvard's Education (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #5)
  • It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (Tall, Dark & Dangerous #6)
  • The Admiral's Bride (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #7)
  • Identity: Unknown (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #8)
  • Get Lucky (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #9)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)