Start by marking “Think Confident, Be Confident for Teens: A Cognitive Therapy Guide to Overcoming Self-Doubt and Creating Unshakable Self-Esteem” as Want to Read:

3.74  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Confidence is like a magnet that attracts people to you and helps you get closer to reaching your goals. When you believe in yourself, you send the message that you have the brains, ability, and talent to handle whatever life sends your way. And the truth is, you do!

Using powerful skills based in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), Think Confident, Be Confident for Teens
Published November 3rd 2011 by Instant Help (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Think Confident, Be Confident for Teens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think Confident, Be Confident for Teens

Sara
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just completed this very helpful self-esteem book. I know that it’s for Teens, but it still spoke to me. That’s where the root of my problems surfaced: as a teenager. I enjoyed reading this book, learning about doubt distortions, ineffective actions, reading about teen stories and doing some exercises about my own issues.

With this book, I learned that Doubt Distortions are caused by: extreme thinking, depending only on your emotions, nasty name-calling, catastrophizing, forecasting the future
Abby
Mar 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-lit-2012
This book is a great resource for teens in need of help learning to deal with lack of confidence and self-doubt. Each chapter has sections where they give a situation, and then a "give-up" thought and a "Go-To" thought. The idea is that over time teenagers will end up going to a "Go-To" thought in difficult situations to help bring up their confidence and keep them on the right track for emotional stability. It gives stories of individuals, and their doubt path, as examples of situations teens m ...more
Stephanie Burke
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
I read this for work. In order for it to be an effective tool for building confidence, the teen in question needs to be able to connect with some of the scenarios in the book. This is a decent work book, but I just couldn't make it workable with the teen who I was working with.
Chris Loo
Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very helpful book, using cognitive therapy, on helping teens to develop confidence. It's good for both parents and professionals and anyone who interacts with teenagers.
Sydni
Nov 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Self-help books really aren't my thing, but I actually didn't mind this book.
Joey
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I learned a lot from this self-help book. Now to see if I can put my learnings to good use when the school year starts.
Michelle
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it
I really liked the fact that it gave some realistic examples and some exercises to work on ourselves.
Wilhemina
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Informative and a good reference source.
Dana
Jun 01, 2016
Agostina
Jul 29, 2015
Denver
rated it did not like it
Apr 29, 2016
Mary
Apr 08, 2014
Mariangela Klein
Jul 20, 2014

“If you don’t want to get stuck where you don’t want to be, have the courage to do difficult things.” 5 likes
“If you don’t want to get stuck where you don’t want to be, have the courage to do difficult things.” 1 likes