Start by marking “Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business” as Want to Read:
Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business

Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Award-winning illustrator Christopher Wormell brings his vivid artwork to the classic Aesop's Fables, a cornerstone of children's literature, in a visual feast to delight both children and adults. Gorgeous linoleum block prints illustrate a key moment in the story, highlighting the moral printed in Wormell's hand-cut typeface on the opposite page. This simple approach enco ...more
Published September 7th 2005 by Running Press (first published September 6th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mice, Morals, & Monkey Business

Rakisha
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Consider this an annotated bibilography of some of Aesop's more popular fables. It gives the lessons, a beautiful lino-cut illustration, and a summary of the story. A great refresher for those who can't remember their Aesop fables.
Rainey
Though the moral interpretation of the fables are a little disturbing at times, the wood block carvings are wonderful. It's clear to see why Wormell has earned so many awards for his illustrations.
Dolly
Apr 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2014
Gorgeous linoleum-block prints are the highlight of this book capturing the lessons from Aesop's fables. The book itself is a very quick read, but I'm not sure what the intended audience is.

For parents reading with children, they will want to have a familiarity with each of the stories (thankfully, the summaries are provided in the back of the book) in order to explain the lessons.

I expect that this was more of a labor of love, an homage to Aesop, rather than an attempt to teach children about
Tiffany Kramer
Sep 13, 2016 rated it liked it
The fun title caught my attention right away and I felt this would be a good book to share with my nephews. The illustrations a nice and most of the tales where familiar to me however I wish the layout had been done better. Having the illustrations shown next to quotes with the actually stories in the back didn't make for the most enjoyable reading experience.
Hannah
May 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I liked the illustrations but found the lack of text dull. I didn't understand why the stories were presented in the back of the book rather than alongside the full-sized images. It made for a distracting read to have to constantly flip back and forth.
Mandy
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Christopher Wormell's style. We have a couple of posters that he made for California's Coastal Clean-up day. I'm no keen on a book that just has the morals from Aesop's fables. It just doesn't work without the stories.
Julianne
This is a children's picture book. Not a story. It's a way to introduce your children to Aesop's Fables.
Leia-Catherine
Jan 14, 2016
Aaliyah Hopkins
Jun 04, 2016
Erin Farquhar
rated it did not like it
Sep 13, 2014