Start by marking “Devils' Due (StarCraft II, #2)” as Want to Read:
Devils' Due (StarCraft II, #2)

Devils' Due (Starcraft II #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  310 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Now in mass market, the all-original novel based on Blizzard Entertainment's blockbuster video game sequel--Starcraft II The year is 2494. Almost five years ago, Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay were members of the Heaven's Devils, an elite Confederate marine unit praised for its nerves of steel and combat expertise. After making a stand against their corrupt commanding offic ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group (first published April 12th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Devils' Due, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Devils' Due

Devon
I have a strange relationship with franchise tie-in novels. They seem to suffer from strange maladies, sometimes of writing and craft, sometimes of plot and character. I don't often read them, but sometimes I'll feel tempted because I've been given a book to read, or one will tickle my fancy against my better judgement. In the case of Devil's Due, my brother ended up with an extra copy and gave it to me, thinking I'd like to get some StarCraft backstory and find it a fun, light read.

He wasn't w
William Bentrim
Apr 11, 2011 William Bentrim rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teenage gamers
Devil’s Due by Christie Golden

A space opera with old fashioned riders of the sage feel, this books provides lightweight entertainment.

Considering how many people love this series I know I am going to tread on some toes. The book was entertaining but seems more suitable for a graphic novel. The characters were more like silhouettes than people. I felt they lacked depth.

One of the best parts of the book was the afterword that gave an overview of the series and a timeline. That was interesting an
William Bentrim
Devil’s Due by Christie Golden

Alexander
Cheryl
Jim Raynor and Tychus may have just hit their biggest’s mark yet...a Confederate cargo train. Jim and Tychus make off with heir goods including Confederate credits and a Jukebox.

To be honest, I am a computer game junkie. Though, I have not played the Starcraft games as much as Diablo or World of Warcraft. So, what drew me to this book was first the cover, I thought it was cool looking, second…the fact that it is based around the game, and third…I read the book summary and thought it sounded goo
Andrius Virbičianskas
If you're familiar with Starcraft universe and, specifically, with Jim Raynor and Tychus Findlay, I can promise that you will laugh your ass off. Personally I couldn't stop laughing half the book.

Then came the second half... And everything became much darker and gloomier, but it was still enjoyable. The only thing that bugged me through out the book was somewhat rushed story. Two or three book series would have been so much nicer.

P.S. For full enjoyment, read Heaven's Devils first - references
Casey Hodges
The sequel to an unnecessary back-story of Jim Raynor, and Tychus Findlay. It ties up the lose ends from the first book, in order to smoothly lead into Starcraft II. However, the opening chapters renders a lot of the previous book pointless. It definitely felt like two different ideas were being presented between the two books. This could be caused by the different authors, or Blizzard changed their minds about the direction of the story.
Ivan Leong
This is part 2 of Jim Raynor's and Tychus Findlay's adventures. Really fun book to read since. I especially like how the book contains some artwork in the middle.
**SPOILERS***This was such a fun book to read its a shame there will not be a part 3 since Tychus is no longer alive in Starcraft 3.
Junho Yang
It was a nice interesting look into Raynor's earlier life.
Debbie
I have to like Jim Raynor.That being said, no one else is likeable.Their carousing is overboard and sickening, and overdone "boys will be boys " type deal.
It was a quick entertaining read. Once again , missing love.
Jesse Lehrer
It was amusing...but not much beyond that. The writing is SO CORNY and bad it is just plain hilarious. Worth the read if you want to laugh and enjoy the starcraft world. Not worth the read if you don't like campy junk.
Mohammed
Predictable at times but nonetheless fun and enjoyable. The camaraderie between Raynor and Findlay is just mesmerizing. Highly recommended. 4/5
Alan Ortega
It was a good background story of Jim Rayner and Tychus findlay's relationship but a very simple story
Ken
Ken marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Vincent Blansaer
Vincent Blansaer marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Katarzyna
Katarzyna marked it as to-read
Thibault Lemaitre
Thibault Lemaitre marked it as to-read
Radu
Radu marked it as to-read
Mark Frederick
Mark Frederick marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Kristophor Graden
Kristophor Graden marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
David
David added it
Jul 09, 2015
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Starcraft: Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost Series #2)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Uprising (Starcraft, #0.5)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Coalition's End (Gears of War, #4)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • StarCraft: Frontline, Volume 1 (Starcaft)
  • Borderlands: Unconquered
  • Halo: Blood Line
Award-winning author Christie Golden has written over thirty novels and several short stories in the fields of science fiction, fantasy and horror. She has over a million books in print.

2009 will see no fewer than three novels published. First out in late April will be a World of Warcraft novel, Athas: Rise of the Lich King. This is the first Warcraft novel to appear in hardcover. Fans of the youn
More about Christie Golden...

Starcraft II (3 books)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Flashpoint (StarCraft II, #3)
Omen (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #2) Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (World of Warcraft #6) Rise of the Horde (World of WarCraft, #2) Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2) Allies (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #5)

“sad drunk was just as bad as a mad one,” 0 likes