Start by marking “Inferno” as Want to Read:
Inferno

Inferno

Bush pilot Lauren Taylor knows better than most the devastation fire can leave in its wake: two years ago she lost her husband to a raging wildfire. But when she flies a stranger into her isolated hometown of Vermillion, Montana, her actions may be the spark that starts an inferno. Because the mysterious passenger bears an undeniable resemblance to a serial arsonist wanted ...more
Published December 26th 2006 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Inferno, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inferno

L8blmr
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a good suspense story, with a very rushed romance thrown in to qualify for the genre, I believe! There was no mystery to this one, as the reader knows how the antagonist is from the beginning. However, the setting was different and the climactic "inferno" was pretty impressive but ran on a bit too long for my liking. There were other slow portions of the story that would have benefitted from more editing. Still, I was entertained and engrossed for most of the story, and the heroine was ...more
Linda George
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I enjoyed this action packed book. An arsonist is connected to the past and the present to Lauren Taylor, pilot and widow in a remote town in Montana. FBI arsonist investigator Brad Hale does not expect his visit to Montana to lead not just to the arsonist, but also to love and community.
Neva Womack
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hats off to Karen Harper for this book. It is riveting, fast paced, and maintains you interest. A real winner.
Jeanie Harper
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a real thriller!! A real page turner.

The good guys came through though!!

Highly recommend.
Louise
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This novel hooked me right from the beginning and the suspense kept building and building and building making it impossible to put down!

Lauren Taylor and her young son, Nicky, live alone in the small town of Vermillion, Montana where Lauren makes her living flying a small Cessna, ferrying people in and out of town to the larger settlement of Kalispell. Lauren’s husband and his partner were killed two years ago fighting a fire which Lauren always believed was suspicious as her husband was a well-
Anne
Jan 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
A really great example of a PG-13 contemporary romantic suspense. The bad guy is truly deranged. And yet, from what I have read about firestarters, he certainly fits the profile. The profile is also discussed within the book as FBI agents join the heroine in tracking down the "boy next door" arsonist.

The BND arsonist has been bedeviling the FBI for some years. He also has a connection to the heroine. The final Big Fire in a Dry, Remote, Highly Forested Area and the pursuit of the BND give the re
Jill Manske
Apr 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
Choosing this book to read from the library shelves was impulsive and regrettable. When will I learn to research writers and books rather than just picking randomly? I could only stomach about 150 pages of this book. It's just a ridiculous premise, another of those "handsome hero saves lonely and lovely young woman". Had I known it was a romance/suspense novel, it would have stayed safely on the shelf. An FBI agent falling for a witness within a matter of hours? Come on. I'd like to think that m ...more
Cathy Smith
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. I enjoyed every minute of reading this book. I really liked the characters, especially Red and Mari. Lauren is a brave heroine, and Brad is right for her. I like airplanes, so this was very entertaining for me. Wish there had been a few more details on how Evan met his end, but overall, it was a very good book. I will recommend this book, and author!
Kristine Buchholtz
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
If you're in the wildland fire fighting business, many of the concepts within the novel will be close to home, and you'll be able to identify with the references made therein. As an avid outdoorsperson, I enjoyed the vivid scenery descriptions, but admittedly, the plot was a bit predictable. One of the minor characters was named after the town I call home, which added some personal irony.
Karen
May 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I had my doubts about it at first. I thought it might be a snore fest, but I was pleasantly surprised when things started to heat up. The fire situation brought out the best and the worst in the characters. I wanted to see the arsonist fry in his own pan, Several romances were kindled or rekindled and justice was done. That's all I am saying as I don't want to spoil it.
Marti
Aug 09, 2009 rated it liked it
there was a lot of action in this book, and surprisingly, the female maiin character was a bush pilot in montana. the villain was quite wily, and there was a love interest for lauren, as well as a deceased huband and young son to complicate things.

the other characters were interesting as well, and the book gave insight into wilderness flying and fighting forest fires.
Wendy
Dec 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
1/2 star.. this book was a real disappointment. Too long. Too much discription of nothing. But my curse is that if I start a book I have to finish it, so I did. But it will never be read again. In this house.
Jodi
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a pretty decent story. Ive had this on my shelf for a while and needed a good, quick, non-complicated read (as the book I finished prior to this was pretty deep). The plot was entirely predictable, but I still somewhat liked it. Would be a good quickie beach read.
Marissa
Apr 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
This is an action-packed read! Lauren and Brad's frantic race against time and flame to catch an arsonist is very thrilling. There is romance, lots of interesting characters, and a beautiful setting. Very enjoyable.
Renee
Oct 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
hot. hot. hot.
Dianne
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it. The plot was new. Pretty interesting location. It was easy to figure out the ending but overall entertaining.
Debra Pound
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book took FOREVER! The last 25 chapters seemed to be the suspenseful ending that never came..... This would be a good condensed book but,as it is, there is just too much fluff.
Pam
Jul 27, 2007 rated it really liked it
Starts out with a really deranged guy enjoying the fire he set. Felt he was both director and producer of the chaos he created.
Mary Allen
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Entertaining mystery reading
Sharon
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good. Great characters, strong premise, thorough conclusion. Good guys win again, tied up loose ends. Would definitely read more books by this author.
Doris
May 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
A good beach or ski lodge book. Just enough suspense and romance for an easy read.
H.S.
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Another good Harper read!
Barbara Gard
wonderful, exciting
Pauline
Dec 08, 2008 rated it liked it
Romantic thriller but a bit heavy on the romance.Average read
Maggi Guth
Aug 02, 2014
Roy
Sep 27, 2008
  • Kiss Of Death
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Share No Secrets
  • Last Girl Dancing
  • Haunting Olivia
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
  • Bloodlines
  • The Source
  • Dark Inheritance
  • Sinners and Saints
  • Mind Catcher
  • Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins, #4)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Karen Harper is a former college English instructor (The Ohio State University) and high school literature and writing teacher. A lifelong Ohioan, Karen and her husband Don divide their time between the midwest and the southeast, both locations she has used in her books. Besides her American settings, Karen loves the British Isles, where her Scott ...more