Jump to ratings and reviews

On the Go With Pirate Pete and Pirate Joe

Pirate Pete and Pirate Joe are two of the silliest pirates around in this walk-the plank-adventure of a couple of make-believe kids. Full-color illustrations.

32 pages, Paperback

First published May 1, 2002

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Ann Edwards Cannon

15 books24 followers
My name is Ann Edwards ("A. E.") Cannon, and I write books for young readers, as well as a weekly column for the Deseret News. I also teach creative writing and work as a bookseller at the famous King's English Bookshop in Salt Lake City. My husband, Ken, and I have five (count 'em) sons, two daughters-in-law, no grandchildren (not yet, anyway) two parakeets, one parrot, two cats, and two dogs. One of the dogs weighs (no kidding) 160 pounds.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews
Profile Image for Libby.
1,316 reviews15 followers
April 9, 2013
Cute, three story tale of two pirate friends. I am not overwhelmed by the current pirate craze, but I can get on board with Pirate Pete and Pirate Joe. In the first story, they realize that they don't want to steal, so they buy their seafood instead. In the second story, they want to buy a ship until both of them realize that they are afraid of water and sharks--so they buy a black van instead. In the final story, they find just the right parrot to join their pirate crew. My kids love it. It's a little longer than an average picture book, but with the nicely divided stories, we can read just one at a time.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
461 reviews3 followers
June 15, 2016
I liked this book and so did the children. It only took 2 days to read. The illustrations made it difficult to read this book as a read aloud, but we made it through. I like how the pirates had a concious and were so relatable. This book is good for discussing morals/ right versus wrong. I like that they are afraid of water, so they get a van.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Jody.
1,007 reviews9 followers
September 28, 2011
This is an easy-reader picture book by an author whom I've scheduled to visit our fifth graders next month. In preparation for her visit, I'm reading some of her stuff. Ann Cannon is a newspaper columnist and has written for children, middle grade readers, and young adults. She's everywhere!
Profile Image for Julie.
32 reviews
March 27, 2014
I love silly books. And while I know this is children's literature, I love funny little stories. I thought this was charming, and it was a nice break from the more "serious" literature I've been reading lately.
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.