Start by marking “No One To Trust: A Lexi Carmichael Mystery, Book Two” as Want to Read:
No One To Trust: A Lexi Carmichael Mystery, Book Two

No One To Trust: A Lexi Carmichael Mystery, Book Two

(Lexi Carmichael Mystery #2)

SWFG: Single, White, Female, Geek.

That’s me, Lexi Carmichael, a reformed NSA hacker. But a series of extraordinary events led me to leave government life behind for a fresh start with a brand-new. It may not be cool to have the hots for your new boss, but Finn Shaughnessy seems to have the hots for me, too. If only things didn’t get so complicated...

Darren Greening, a geni
Published June 13th 2011 by Carina Press (first published May 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about No One To Trust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One To Trust

Rachel E. Carter
Just as good as the first, but a bit shorter. Love how easy it is to get into this series.
Betty
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second of this series I didn't like as well. At times the reading was too technical, there are funny scenes and a lot of romance and sex. Lexi Carmichael has left NSA and is employed in a new firm. Their first client is missing and has to name Lexi in a note he left behind. She has no idea who is as she be is. Slash and the twins make an appearance. Will Lexi find the missing client to save the lives? I recommend the book.
Tiffiane
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I requested this book from netGalley, not realizing it was book 2 of the Lexi Carmichael series. I immediately found book 1 and read through that one very quickly; totally loving it.

Book 2 was great! Lexi is a fantastic character: smart, nerdy, quick thinking and also more sexy than she knows. She's like the ugly duckling turning into the swan over time. Everyone around her knows how great a friend she is, and how beautiful...everyone but her. She views herself as rather plain, nerdy and stick-l
Tara Chevrestt
Very rarely do I enjoy a sequel more than its original counterpart, but in this case, I did. I really liked No One Lives Twice, but I loved this one.

Lexi is back and working for a different company now.. Her new boss happens to be the hot Irish guy she worked with and handcuffed in the first one. Also back in the game is Slash and Elvis.. both men with possible interests in Lexi..

But Lexi doesn't have self confidence. Enter slutty red dresses, a stripper, and a bikini wax.... All I can say abou
Paula  Phillips
Dec 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Are you wanting a fun and light-hearted mystery to read ? Are you a fan of all those Spy TV Shows like The Mentalist, Covert Affairs ? Fancy yourself a female version of Frost from Rizzolli and Isles?.
Get ready for more Lexi Carmichael mayhem in Book #2 No One to Trust - Lexi is now working as a Private Investigator and her hacking skills are the best, though in this up and coming case , we see that it's Lexi's skill at Cryptology - a subject I've always wanted to try that will be of importance
Jeanie Jackson
Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense, romance
I LOVED No One to Trust! My friends have been recommending this series for a while and I really intended to get to it sooner. Why do we wait when people whose taste we trust recommend a book? I love the people I met in the book and enjoyed the well plotted mystery.

Lexi is on her first case for Finn's new security company and when a specialist in nano-technology disappears after his partner is killed in what is declared and accident it has some real twists that challenge even his amazing team. Th
Jun 27, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No One To Trust is a great mystery combined with a little romance and a whole lot of smart chick empowerment, with a generous dollop of laugh-out-loud humor. Lexi Carmichael is a breath of fresh air - she is smart, funny, self-deprecating, and insecure. As a former computer hacker and a supersmart woman with a photographic memory, Lexi is also socially awkward. Adept at reading computer code, she has difficulty reading social cues, which results in her brusque (but charming) honesty. In a world ...more
A.K. Lindsay
I read this book after reading No One Lives Twice. If you're thinking about reading No One to Trust first, this probably isn't the review for you.

That being said, one of the things I loved best about this book was the growth of the characters. Yes, the comedy had me grinning from ear to ear from the moment I read the first line. The page-turning action kept me up late at night, promising myself sleep after just one more chapter... But it is the characters that hold this book (and this series) t
Kelly ~Bibliophile~
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like fuzzy chick lit and cozy mysteries
description
Book 2 in the Lexi Carmichael series.

I was a bit disappointed with the length of the book at only 199 pages. That's not really a "Book" its more a short story to me. But, it seems the first book of the series is the only somewhat full length book. Oh well, I cant change it so moving on..

The series is very much a "Fuzzy chick lit/Cozy mystery" where bad things only happen to the bad guys and the good guys always trump and are good for quick fun reads.

It started off pretty slow and boring, b
Jenn
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
As always, I'm grateful to Carina Press for the review copy of this e-book.

This is my first time reading Julie Moffett. She doesn't write urban fantasy or paranormal romance; instead, she writes chick lit mysteries and historical romances, two genres I read more occasionally. I wasn't entirely certain what to expect from No One To Trust but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this story. It's written with a fun, light tone that sort of reminds me of Sarah Strohmeyer's Bubbles books
Crista McHugh
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LMAO!! I hope to god there's a 3rd book coming because I devoured the first 2 books in 2 days. It made my inner geek glow. :-)
Annie
Jul 24, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lynn Ellen
Rounded up becaus I'm hopeful.
Sections of this book really annoyed me. In fact, I'm not sure it even deserves a 3 other than I'm still planning to read the next book with hopes the exasperating parts are over. The same things bothered me about this one as bothered me a bit in the prequel. For a supposed "best friend" Basia spends too much time and effort trying to complete change Lexi. I can understand wanting to improve yourself and how you deal with relationships and your self confidence but
Bree T
Lexi Carmichael is back. Previously introduced in No One Lives Twice, the young hacker has left the National Security Agency and now works for a private company that’s owned by attractive Irishman Finn Shaunnessy and another owner.

Lexi’s first job for her new company involves her personally. Darren Greening, a young genius who is the forerunner on theories of nanotechnology, is missing. Given this comes just months after the death of his partner in a car accident, the company that Darren works f
Yvonne Taylor
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lexi Carmichael and Finn Shaughnessy have their first case since Finn started a new company and brought Lexi with him. They are hired to look for Darren Greening, who has gone missing after the death of his friend. Someone else is after Darren as well. Can Lexi find him before someone else does? She's has to pull out all her tricks, and with some help from her friends she might get there first.
I love this series!!! These characters are so much fun. Lexi is a hoot!
I look forward to starting the
Vicki Gooding
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm part of a book club that reprints books and sends 4 a month. I did not realize I'd read #one, they jumped and sent 5 through nine then as of January this year they printed and sent #two, so it lost a little going back in time. What I can tell you is that this author is excellent. They books are fast paced, a lot of humor and what I believe is a genuine approach to each new adventure/mystery. The books are well worth it.
Margaret
Not quite as exciting as the first book. I like the main characters and overall plot. Too much blasphemy and sexual references to be considered a cozy mystery, in my opinion. I know it is probably "tame" compared to a lot of books out there, it just not what I'm used to in the books I usually read.
Ashley Cate
I really enjoyed No One to Trust! This was the first Lexi Carmichael book that I have read but it definitely won't be the last. It was a fun, lighthearted read that was full of twists and turns as Lexi and her new company search for a missing scientist that has the knowledge to truly change the world. I highly recommend this book.
Inishowen Cailín
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This was hilarious! There were so many laugh out loud moments in this book I couldn't put it down.
I love Finn and Slash although I'm not mad about Finn's 'Oirish' accent in the audio version. It's certainly not the worst I've heard though and I've already downloaded the next few books in the series.
Lori
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and action packed

This series is just gold. Full of qwerky goodness and dangerous action all rolled into one. Lexi Carmichael is so relatable and funny. The characters are well developed but you still are learning new things as the series goes on. Totally Team Elvis by the way lol.
Mrsnoache
Slash lost his accent.
Jeff J.
The second Lexie Carmichael book rolls back the thriller in favor of romance. While at times her machinations and entanglements are laugh outloud funny this isn’t a genre I enjoy.
Anne
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
Another great adventure for Lexi. I enjoyed the book and am ready for the next book in this series.
Alma Collins
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Jill
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun, intelligent read with some side-splitting laughter thrown in for good measure.
Kristi Davis
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious. Love these.
Tina
Mar 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, mystery
Lexi has left the NSA and gone to work for X-Corp, a cyber security company founded by Finn Shaunessey and Ben Steinhouser. Everyone is excited when they get their first client, but the case has more twists than a pretzel, and more danger than anyone expected. Oh, and Finn asks Lexi out on a date.
Ginny  Gallagher
This review was originally posted on Gin's Book Notes

No One to Trust is book #2 in Julie Moffett's Lexi Carmichael Mystery series.

Lexi Carmichael, ex hacker for the NSA, is starting her new career with sexy irishman Finn Shaughnessy and his upstart security company.

Lexi is a code breaking genius with a photographic memory and zero social skills. Her inability to pick up on social cues makes for a lot of laugh out loud scenes and gets her into situations that someone with  a tad le
Chibineko
After having read Moffett's previous book in the LC series, I was pretty excited to give the second entry a try. There was just something addicting about Lexi's adventures that keept drawing me back in and I'm glad to say that entry #2 is no exception.

I don't know much about the hacking world, but I do know that I enjoyed this book greatly. I love Lexi and I love the situations she gets herself into. She's a feisty heroine and we finally get to see her hands get a little dirtier than they did i
Barbara
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so this is fluffy chick-lit and will probably be my dirty little secret (shhh!! don't tell!!). It was, however a light, humorous romance/mystery with a ditzy, naive, nerdy, yet adorably sexy female hacker leading lady. I like a book that makes me laugh, especially if it can make me laugh out loud, and I got a few chuckles out of No One to Trust.

The romance was light with the expected love triangle, or was it a quadrangle? I'm really not sure, but I ended up rooting for Finn and Slice, oops S
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Weapons of Mass Distraction (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #5)
  • No Such Thing as a Free Lunch (A Brandy Alexander Mystery #3)
  • The Hitwoman and the Sacrificial Lamb (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #11)
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • A Geek Girl's Guide to Arsenic (Geek Girl Mysteries #2)
  • Bargain Hunting (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #5)
  • Physical Education (A Murder 101 Mystery, #6)
  • Empowered, Volume 3 (Empowered, #3)
  • Perfectly Matched (Lucy Valentine, #4)
  • Nowhere to Run (Stephanie Carovella #1)
Julie Moffett is a bestselling author and writes in the genres of mystery, young adult, historical romance and paranormal romance. She has won numerous awards, including the 2015 Award of Excellence, 2014 Mystery & Mayhem Award for Best YA/New Adult Mystery, the prestigious 2014 HOLT Award for Best Novel with Romantic Elements, a HOLT Merit Award for Best Novel by a Virginia Author, the 2016 A ...more

Lexi Carmichael Mystery (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • No One Lives Twice (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #1)
  • No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)
  • No Biz Like Showbiz (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #4)
  • No Test for the Wicked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #5)
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • No Room for Error (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #7)
  • No Strings Attached (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #8)
  • No Living Soul (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #9)
  • No Regrets (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #10)
  • No Stone Unturned (Lexi Carmichael Mystery #11)