Start by marking “25 Random Facts” as Want to Read:
25 Random Facts

25 Random Facts

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
A lot can happen in twenty years and who knows what secrets might be hidden in the passage of time?

Old school friends reunite but what should be a happy affair is marred by the news of a horrifying death. The details seem straightforward but one woman knows otherwise. Tormented by the truth and now living a lie she is bent on unravelling the details behind a friend's betra
Published June 24th 2011 by Lulu (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about 25 Random Facts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 25 Random Facts

Ellen Gail
Mar 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ellen Gail by: my ability to be wooed by a cool cover
Shelves: kindle
Warning: spoilers galore below!

Have you ever heard of "25 Random Things?" It was a trend that swept Facebook a few years ago (2009 I think?), challenging users to publicly post a list of facts about themselves. I admit, I participated. I blabbed about my fear of snakes, my insecurity about my stomach, and more I'm happy to have forgotten. It was all silly good fun, then interest faded, as it tends to do with internet fads.

So if I had faked my death and assumed my "friend's" identity, what would
Lora
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book free in exchange for a review. I don't normally read through books this fast but this book interested me from the very beginning and I found I couldn't put it down! It was well written, had a couple formatting issues in the kindle version but it didn't ruin the book. The characters were well developed and the story just drew me in. I loved the little twists and turns as the book developed. It was exciting to be reading and thinking that you know exactly what is going to happ ...more
Stephen
I received this book from a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

25 Random Facts is a strange little book. It is very short, yet tries to be fairly complex.

It is the story of a woman who may not be who she seems, and someone knows the truth. After this plot introduction we go on a ride of flashbacks and tangents until we learn the full truth and all of the consequences.

There was a little mystery, a little suspense, a tad bit of romance, and a lot of angst and intrigue. All of this mixed to a recipe th
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is a story of a woman who catches up with a group of schoolfriends after 20 years through a social networking site. She is encouraged to play a new game doing the rounds called '25 Random Facts'. 20 years is a long time, and the woman is harbouring a devastating secret...

This was a great story. It gripped me from the first page and didn't let go until I had finished it. The secret was teased out slowly and the intrigue piled on in spades. When the secret is revealed the story then takes ano
April
Aug 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
I won this book recently and the timing of it was quite coincidental. I have lately been seemingly inundated with these silly "Notes about You" lists that run on the social networks. I've also had quite a few people from high school crawl out of the woodworks.

I enjoyed reading this novel and would recommend it to others. The only caveat I would state would be that in a few situations with Sophia I probably would have reacted a tad bit differently than the protagonist did (i.e. a few smacks to h
Kylie
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I was very privileged to receive this book as part of a goodreads giveaway, and it wasn't disappointing in the slightest!
In fact the only thing I hated about this book was the fact I couldn't put it down when my eyes were betraying me. It had me hooked from chapter to chapter - with the ultimate twist at the end a total but fitting surprise
Mandy
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
I really enjoyed this. It's a short read, and I was able to get through it quickly.
There were a few twists and turns, some of which I didn't see coming. It was very well-written too.
I liked the main character, Claire, even if I did have to stop myself shouting at her in some parts of the book.
The ending surprised me, but I thought it a right place to finish, and I felt satisfied.
Peter Spencer
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story, in fact it kept me awake very late one night while I was on holiday. There were moments I couldn't put it down. The story threads are all very intriguing and yet realistic - it's a tale of deception and fear of exposure you could imagine actually happening, as well as being exciting with a terrific rush to the finale. Well worth a look!
Claudia
Jun 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Full of twists and turns I found this book keeping me on my toes and in turn keeping me interested until the very end. With a well thought out plot and developed selection of characters, I would recommend this book for anyone interested in mystery, suspense and thrillers.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review
Michelle
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
25 Random Facts was a very enjoyable read that I finished within two sittings. E J Mack weaves an intriguing tale about lust and revenge and the novella's non-linear structure racks up the tension, and provides twists, making you become more and more curious about the story's outcome.
Fiona
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
excellent read - a twist at every corner! Kept me hooked all the way through. A novice to online books but now I am hooked thanks to E J Mack.Can't. Wait till the next one.....
Kelly Gressley
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed how events came about in the story.
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
As far as most of these reviews go, everyone has nailed it on the head.

The Facebook 25 things about me (or myspace! back in the day). What did you pick for your 25 random facts? Did you try to make them fun and interesting? Did you lie at all to make yourself seem more fun and interesting?

We put out there what we want others to see. We pick the profile photo that we think we look good in.

So what happens when a reunion goes sour due to lies and deceit? What would you do to keep your facade up?

Fo
Pink
Aug 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
I received this book a long time ago through a Goodreads giveaway and just now got around to reading it.

It was a really short psychological thriller with some really good twists (though I did guess the second one). The beginning was a bit confusing but that didn't last long. After that it was pretty fast-paced.

I would recommend this for anyone who liked Gone Girl.
judy
Apr 04, 2014 rated it liked it
a slight novella with a good conceit but the writing is rather cliched & florid.
Vera
Mia Redgrave
Mar 05, 2014
  • Deadly Secrets
  • Lust
  • Dead Float (Cal Claxton, #2)
  • Bless Her Heart (Class Reunion #2)
  • Gray
  • The Black Fairy and the Dragonfly
  • One Was Stubborn
  • Naliyah
  • Volcan Knights
  • Tarantula
  • As Is
  • Exclusive
  • Scarlet Woods (Scarlet Woods #1)
  • Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook
  • Black Monday (Stan Turner, #6)
  • Israel: Is It Good for the Jews?
  • The Complete Guide to Making Mead: The Ingredients, Equipment, Processes, and Recipes for Crafting Honey Wine
  • Sentinel
EJ Mack was born in Sydney, Australia, but has lived in England nearly all of her life. After spending nearly fifteen years forging a career in the music industry she traded in the bright lights of the big city to raise a family in the suburbs and concentrate on her writing.
‘Paper Boats’ is EJ Mack’s third novel and like her previous works, ’25 Random Facts’ and ‘A Silent Shore’, it explores the d
More about E.J. Mack...