Start by marking “Fated Love” as Want to Read:
Fated Love

Fated Love

(A PMC Hospital Romance #1)

What do you do when your carefully planned life takes a wrong turn into hell? When Quinn Maguire, a dashing young trauma surgeon, unaccountably accepts a position as an ER physician, her new boss, Honor Blake, suspects that Quinn is hiding a dark secret. While the two declare an uneasy truce in an effort to work together, both struggle with mutual, and unexpected, attracti ...more
Published September 1st 2004 by Bold Strokes Books (first published May 17th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Fated Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fated Love

Corrie
After reading the latest Radclyffe (Passionate Feelings), I thought it might be nice to get back to the first one she wrote 14 years ago and read how Quinn Maguire and Honor Blake found each other in Fated Love (A PMC Hospital Romance #1).

It reminded me again that I need to read this author in very small quantities. I’m not saying this to be unkind because Radclyffe is a seasoned writer, a bestseller in her genre (medical romance) and has a loyal following. When I pick one of her books to read,
Tristan
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Having read many of Radclyffe books, this, without doubt, is one of my favorites. Btw, loved the medical jargon...not too technical at all as some have suggested- adds believability to the story. Beautifully written, compelling characters and reminded me that all is not lost even when we're shooting ourselves in the foot . Okay, so here's my problem. Radclyffe has a huge list of publications, and typically when I read a book that I REALLY like, it makes me want to read the author's next in the s ...more
Gaby LezReviewBooks
May 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My favourite book by Radclyffe. Great romance with endearing characters. 5+ stars

This book is in my list of recommended books of the month:

Heather
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars.
Radclyffe has a way of writing love stories that draws you in and doesn’t let you go. While this story wasn’t my favorite out of what I’ve read (listened) to of hers so far, I quite like how she weaves her medical background into her work and how believable it is.

I liked both Honor and Quinn, and fell in love with Honor’s daughter and MIL along the way. Definitely fluffy with a side of angst, but a good read.
Luce
3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars.
This was a re-read. I read this when it first came out in 2004 with a re-read at least once since then. I was looking for a comfort read and decided on a classic Radclyffe. I enjoyed it, it was well written but it is not my favorite Radclyffe (Passion's Bright Fury).
JulesGP
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fated Love came out in 2004 and everything I read pointed to this book being the landmark start to everything Radclyffe’s known for. For Fallback Friday, I wanted to read this book first. It seemed important.

New E.D. Attending mysteriously gets hired without the okay of the Chief of Emergency Room Medicine at a hospital in Philadelphia. There’s hostility, then friendship, then more between Dr Honor Blake and Dr Quinn Maguire.

There’s some good moments, especially when the interactions included
Brooklyn Graham
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting story, and I do so like when Radclyffe writes about medicine. Being in the field myself, I enjoy the accurate portrayal of her characters in those roles. Quinn was the quintessential butch, that was too tough to deal with what was happening to her, especially when it involved her own health. The thing is, I got the impression that Honor wasn't exactly femme and seemed more butch to me as well. I like this combination, and it is probably one of the reasons that I enjoy Rad ...more
Jo reece
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rather good. The first few chapters I was slightly put off due to all the medical jargon, but once the story line developed, I started to enjoy it more.
JF
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished reading passionate rivals and realized I never read the other two books in the series 🤦♀. I was really enjoying fated love and then it just ended . I mean I felt a little cheated not even an epilogue. Oh well 😔 . Either way it was an entertaining read ...more
Megan
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbt, 4-stars
4 Stars. I enjoyed this book a lot. This book was about Honor Blake, the ER chief and Quinn Maguire, a new ER resident from Manhattan. Honor, a woman who had lost her wife in a tragic accident, instantly feels a connection to Quinn. Quinn and Honor skirt around their obvious feelings for one another as they work together in the hospital. As the reason for Quinn's transfer is found out, Honor feels closer to Quinn and starts to accept her feelings.

This book is very good if you enjoy a lot of tens
Linda J
4.5 ⭐

A really sweet romance - liked it!
Pricelessfem
Jun 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite Radclyffe books. I love how you can see the relationship building between the two main character's, the tension between the two, and come on... who doesn't love some good ol' fashion steamy scenes!
Det. Nidhi
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don't know what to feel about this book. I mean it wasn't a bad read or anything but it somehow feels incomplete. It might just be the nitpicky person in me but I was expecting more for some reason. i liked this book but I don't knwo what it is that makes me feel a wee bit wierd. But let this not deter you. It's a great book with a sweet story. Most of the stuff makes sense and you are somehow lost in the book. I somehow felt parts of the story were incomplete but anyhow it was a sexy story. D ...more
Serena
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book will always be a bit special for me. It was my first introduction to the magic of Radclyffe and my first book in English. I only read a few years, and the genre lesbian books is not really expanded in The Netherlands. So I was soon looking for other books. When I discovered that there was a very large market in English books, a new world opened up for me. Fated to Love was the first book that I was reading, and yes, I was immediately hooked. Since then I read only English books and I a ...more
Kathryn
Jun 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NOT recommended
Recommended to Kathryn by: Listopia: Best Femme/Femme Couples
New Comment (see below)
The two main characters: Quinn Maguire and Honor Blake. There are abundant descriptions of Quinn: "... jet black hair, sapphire blue eyes, slightly above average height, lean and tight and boldly handsome. Cocky, too"... yada, yada, yada. Very few descriptions of anyone but "handsome" Quinn.

I wanted to read this because it had a high rating. Not sure why the rating was high. This seems more like a story of a character that the writer wants to be.

This book should NOT be on
Agirlcandream
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as it was listed as a favorite of many Lesfic readers(Thank you VLR for your followers many informed suggestions) What a great novel. Radclyffe at her best.

The old adage of write what you know shines through in this medical world romance. While it's obvious the author knows her trauma surgery and medical terminology she doesn't swamp the reader with her knowledge. Instead, she uses a threatening medical condition as a plot device to add to the struggle Honor faces when dealing w
M
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-books, romance
Classic Rad. Nice diverting read filled with all the medical jargon you would expect and the sureness of touch that all her books have.
Jessica Nguyen
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Though the romance was okay, the dialogues were a bit underdone and not so subtle. Sometimes, repeated easy lines such as you're beautiful, I want you, or I want to touch you made it a bit boring.
Dani
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I love how the books integrate with each other the cross over with the characters from other books. Love it.
Heidi
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one. Love in a hospital setting with medical jargon and throw in a kid! Perfect for conflict and drama. Thankfully there wasn’t much angst to go with it.
Alealea
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, f-f
Well I will be damned.
I just finished a disapointing audio from a book I loved and promptly jumped on the audiobook of a "ok" book that I read once two years ago and I liked the audio way much more.
Is someone somewhere having fun or what ?

This book is ok for a quick read and that's all.
There are multiple bad crosses in this pure Radclyffe-in-hospital-love story that explains the two stars I gave it two years ago.
It got's :
> insta love-lust. But it's turned slow by grief and caution
> a
Leavethesky
Feb 18, 2012 rated it it was ok
Although I think Radclyffe's at her best when she's writing about what she knows (she was a surgeon, apparently and I tend to find her medical story lines more compelling) it's never a good sign when I actively dislike one of your characters. If you've read Radclyffe before, you know these women already (the butch with a soft center and the tough femme), but this combination/dynamic just didn't work for me this time. All of the power in the relationship rested with one character (the one who doe ...more
Corvida
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one book that I come back to repeatedly. The storyline is just that nice...and surprising.
Gill
Sep 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008, month-09
Above average romance from the prolific Radclyffe.
Kris
Jan 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I like this author's work. Light and fun to read. I can always see her characters as being part of my friend group.
Cynthia
Apr 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: queer
Almost okay in a safe-and-trite way, full of stereotypes and tropes that are done not awfully, enough to convey some small degree of emotion some of the times it tries. On a more technical aspect of this book's writing, the constant shift in POV within scenes is, if mostly not too hard to follow, nothing short of boring and frustrating. And idk what bothered me most, that it's a boss/subordinate trope, or that it was done in a not obviously uncomfortable power dynamic way and specifically with t ...more
Bree Paige
Dec 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fated Love...
Great story.. very well written I love the characters but Im not into butch characters O preferd Femme but I still love Quinn I just imagining her as Megan Fox ( Jet Black Hair and Deep blue eyes *yumm* Im just wanna know how long is her hair.
I enjoy the intensity in Hospital scene and How cool the Doctors are.
Tha hot scene didn't disappoint me, it was great and lovable..
The developement of feelings is amazing too.

But Im thinking why I wasn't engage or hooked by this book?? Unl
Rose Forbes
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A friend of mine came up on this book by accident and gave to me to read when she was done. we both fell in love with her writing. i usually hate purely romance novels but i love her work. i have been looking for new lesbian authors to explore and i am glad i know of her now. i love the book from beginning to end. could not put it down. i am done with it and have already started on another one by her. this book is awesome even if you don't like romance novels... two thumbs up :)
Mirtha Siblesz
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

Radclyffe is the kind,of author that can write a love story like nobody can ! This is such a well written novel that can be read more than once. It was so beautifully written. Quinn and Honor were such beautifully developed characters. The supporting characters were equally lovely. I loved Linda, Phyllis, and of course, Arly. Really loved this book!
Megzz
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: soulmates
Quite a hot and convincing romance story. Likeable, interesting multidimensional characters. It's not revolutionary but It's a safe choice if you're in the mood for a feel good love story that is well written. You can hardly ever be disappointed with Radclyffe, she knows her stuff!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Battle Scars
  • The Scorpion
  • Uncommon Emotions
  • Turning the Page
  • Small Packages (Shaken, #3)
  • Stranded
  • Hidden Truths (The Oregon Series, #2)
Radclyffe has written over forty-five romance and romantic intrigue novels, dozens of short stories, and, writing as L.L. Raand, has authored a paranormal romance series, The Midnight Hunters. She has also edited Best Lesbian Romance 2009 through 2015 as well as multiple other anthologies. She is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance ...more

A PMC Hospital Romance (4 books)
  • Night Call