Start by marking “Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)” as Want to Read:
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)

Breaking Dawn

(The Twilight Saga #4)

3.70  ·  Rating details ·  1,325,159 ratings  ·  47,001 reviews
"Don't be afraid," I murmured. "We belong together."
I was abruptly overwhelmed by the truth of my own words.
This moment was so perfect, so right, there was no way to doubt it.
His arms wrapped around me,
holding me against him....
It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.
"Forever," he agreed.

WHEN YOU LOVED THE ONE WHO WAS KILLING YOU, IT LEFT YOU NO OPTIONS
Hardcover, First Edition, 756 pages
Published August 2nd 2008 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Dawn, please sign up.
Lora Swafford He imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you …moreHe imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you imprint on someone, it's not as much as a falling in love, as it is wanting to be with that person forever, and wanting to protect them and make sure they are safe. And it's not "EW" he isn't going to do anything until she is A LOT older. He will be like an older brother to her until she is older. (less)

·  1,325,159 ratings  ·  47,001 reviews

Start your review of Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
Karene
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it
Jenne
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya
oh yes, so VERY many spoilers! and unladylike language, sorry.

p.1: god help me. Here we go.

p.8: yep, Edward is already "going overboard" protecting Bella.

p.20: Her parents think it's a good idea for her to marry this weirdo at 18? They never think ANYTHING is a good idea.

p.33: Vampire babies! creepy! in a good way.

p.58: Jacob!

p.72: I swear Bella never just goes anywhere, you always have to DRAG her like a toddler.

p.85: I think they just had sex!! OMG!!

p.86: now of course we have to suffer throug
Miranda Reads
description

Ohhh yeah, I went there (check out the video to see all my unpopular opinions...if you dare.)
Anyway, onwards to the review!
description
Oh the memories. The angsty teen memories. They're all flooding back.

It should come as no surprise that I have a dark and dangerous past - I was a Twihard.

I loved this series with every beat of my teenage heart. I had a poster, I had a vegetarian vampire shirt, I had a themed birthday party, and (worst of all) I did this to a book:
description
I can't even open it anymore for fea
Annalisa
Aug 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: girls who like a happy ending at all cost
I was so disenchanted with Eclipse I wasn't excited for this read, but I had to know how it ends. I held off judgment in hopes that the conclusion would redeem the series. The verdict? Hard-to-swallow soap opera. A car crash you can't stop staring at in hopes that something salvageable comes out of the wreckage. But nothing does. So bad I started taking notes on all the plot holes because I couldn't keep track. What happened to the story that captured the hearts of girls everywhere?

You can't fal
Natalie Monroe
Robert Pattinson hates Twilight so much, it's hysterical.

Interviewer: “Millions of Twilight fans, they cannot wait to see this, it’s almost heartbreaking because they don’t want it to be over. It’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it?”

That look on his face is pure, unadulterated joy.

And let's not forget this:

From the mouth of the guy who plays him.

Or these:

And of course, the rest of the cast:

Jillian
Feb 23, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to spoon their eyes out
emma
Aug 13, 2020 rated it did not like it
Congratulations to Breaking Dawn for being the first book in human history to be so long both emotionally and physically that its length is measured in centuries and tears of boredom shed rather than pages.

In other words: Snooze.

Does anyone remember why I decided to reread this series? Was it masochism? Self-hatred? The desire to review every book I've ever read? Divine punishment?

Whatever it was, that sh*t hurted.

I don't LOVE to hate-read things - I am still definitively a part of the populatio
Ariel
Apr 22, 2020 added it
I’m just not on board with Bella needing to be married and having to have a baby in order for there to be a happily ever after 💔 it wasn’t my jam when I was 14 and it’s still not my jam now! It should have been a remixed trilogy!
Janae
Jun 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Die-Hard Twilight Fans, not appropriate for young teens.
James
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: modern-fantasy
Reviewer update Aug 2009: I have demoted the book from 5 to 4 stars. My confession/explanation is at the end of the original, unedited review.
___

Yes, I gave it 5-stars. This is partly because I was so pleased by it compared to the last two books in the series that I overreacted. But I also approve of her approach to the book and have rated it so highly in order to counteract those reviewers out there who hated it because they felt Bella was a bad example to young girls.

***THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS SP
SR
Page 318 - Had her body changed because she was a werewolf? Or had she become a werewolf because her body was wrong? The only female werewolf in the history of forever. Was that because she wasn't as female as she should be?

Okay, it's always been obvious that the only things Smeyer finds important in life are marriage and babies, the younger the better, but what the fuck, y'all. I am beyond disgusted at this. (edit - this is kind of unclear, mostly because at the time of typing I was too angry t
Lissa
Feb 13, 2011 added it
This is a direct quote from Seth, Stephenie Meyer's brother and the person who runs her website.

"In an attempt to keep the books clean and not make young girls think about things that they don't need to think about, no other book mentioned anything about reproductive systems."

Hear that, girls?

You're not supposed to think about things.

Especially not sex.

Don't think about sex. Ever.

Or you will be thinking about things you shouldn't be thinking about.

Don't think about boys. Thinking about boys lead
Abby
Aug 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
Teresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: People that would jump off a bridge just to meet Edward
****For you dumbasses people that look up to Bella Swan and think she's an inspiration (if such people exist in the world), read this:

12 Things That The Twilight Series Taught Me

1. It's okay to abandon your parents after graduation (literally)

2. When a vampire wants to kill you, hide out on a mountain and run for your life while your boyfriend's family fight to protect you.

3. It is the most romantic and beautiful thing in the world when a guy you barely know oils your bedroom window to watch yo
Ahmad Sharabiani
Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4), Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn is the fourth and final novel in The Twilight Saga by American author Stephenie Meyer. Divided into three parts, the first and third sections are written from Bella Swan's perspective and the second is written from the perspective of Jacob Black. The novel directly follows the events of the previous novel, Eclipse, as Bella and Edward Cullen get married, leaving behind a heartbroken Jacob. When Bella faces unexpected and life-threatening
Ann
Recommends it for: Nobody
Denys L.H.
May 25, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: crackheads
The last book of the series. You would think this would all get better, eh? It hasn't for the most part. But yeah, there is a happy ending (no doubt about it). Yeah, they DO IT (Bitchface and Edtard). Yeah, Bella turns into a vampire. How come I'm not surprised? The novel ended all too neat and too predictable. But in the middle of the book, there was a whole load of unfortunate and turning events going on. And no, I didn't see THAT one coming...

In the beginning of the book, Bella is bitching (o
Mari
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
The fact that this has an above 3 rating on this website is a travesty.

It's taken Snark Squad over a year to read and recap this book, in large part because it was actively awful. Listen, this isn't hating on a popular series because it's cheesy or a love story or any of that other nonsense. This is an actual garbage story.

First, it's PROBLEMATIC, which is consistent from the previous entries. Bella and Edward "can't" have sex while she's a human, because if they have sex, Bella will probably
Fabian
Aug 22, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Only those who have read the first three
Recommended to Fabian by: Someone who obviously didn't know my taste
You read the first 200 pages & tell yourself: Cronenberg could be proud. Am I witnessing the biggest twist in literature history? This was the equivalent of Frodo Baggins losing the ring or Hannibal Lecter coming out of the closet! The book begins in foreign, even (gasp!) exciting territory... something so outlandish... in the right hands it just might have worked. Or at least redeemed the three prior mediocre novels. Meyer does neither.

This belonging in the long, half-assed written series soon
Meredith
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: a masochist and a moron
Recommended to Meredith by: I'm going to shoot them in the face
Shelves: ya
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Mar 24, 2009 rated it did not like it
Bookishrealm
What. A. Waste. Of. Time

So guess what? I won't waste your or my time with a review. I hated it. End of story.
Manny
There's a nice progression here, anyway. I lent Twilight to Cate-across-the-road; we gave her New Moon as a present, and she lent it back to me; most recently, she bought Eclipse, and I borrowed it after she finished. I suggested to her father that the logical next step would be for me to sneak in through her bedroom window and steal Breaking Dawn. I'm not entirely sure he found this funny.

____________________________________________

I am shocked, dismayed, not surprised at all to discover from U
K.
Honestly, if I could give this garbage a rating of negative seven trillion stars, I would. Because that's how awful it is.

I'm sorry if you love this book and this series, but friend? You need to read this book CRITICALLY, because it is a fucking trainwreck. Let's break this down because I have a lot of thoughts.

THIS BOOK NEEDS EDITING LIKE WHOA
- Seriously, the writing is so bad. So clunky. So drawn out.
- This thing is 756 pages long. It could have been half that length and still covered everyth
Syl
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Airheads
NReads
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
I actually liked this one the best, still terrible tho
Iben Frederiksen
★ 3.5 Stars ★

Some thoughts:

- I do like this more than I dislike it lmao
- I LOVE the comedic banter between Jacob and Rosalie and Bella and Emmett
- Adore the feeling of family between all the Cullens
- Love the friendship between Edward and Jacob
- THRILLED that the horribleness that was the entire Bella-Jacob-Edward drama officially dies in this book.
- Love all the cool vampires we're introduced to

- Kind of hate the entire pregnancy part of the book, honestly kind of grateful that we did
Christy
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars

436C6A11_211A_4356_A07A_18B98DB11139_IMG_7779

2020 re-read My audio re-read of the Twilight Saga is completed with Breaking Dawn. I’m a little sad it’s over, but I was so happy I made the time to re-read these books. It’s been at least 7-8 years since the last time I re-read them and now I feel completely ready for Midnight Sun in a few weeks! This was my favorite audiobook of the 4 because it had a narrator for Jacob (who I loved) and I have gotten more used to the narrator for Bella, so that’s a win!
Addicted to YA: What if there was a book were the second part of Breaking Dawn was from Renesmee's Point of view? 7 46 Sep 23, 2020 07:53PM
Mighty Leaf CBD Oil CBD oil will likewise improve blood 1 1 Sep 16, 2020 08:07AM
Slimymed Germany As we expressed, 1 2 Sep 12, 2020 12:19PM
Why did Renesemee bite Bella? 5 86 Sep 04, 2020 10:58PM
Why was Rosalie so caring to Bella in this book? 59 640 Jul 06, 2020 11:26PM
Breaking Dawn 1 4 Jun 16, 2020 11:45PM
Who is your favorite ally of the Cullens? 2 15 Apr 25, 2020 09:37PM

• Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)
  • Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
  • Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion
  • New Moon: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
  • City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
  • Fallen (Fallen, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)
  • City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
Stephenie Meyer is the author of the bestselling Twilight series, The Host, and The Chemist. Twilight was one of 2005's most talked about novels and within weeks of its release the book debuted at #5 on The New York Times bestseller list. Among its many accolades, Twilight was named an "ALA Top Ten Books for Young Adults," an Amazon.com "Best Book of the Decade So Far," and a Publishers Weekly Bes ...more

The Twilight Saga (6 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)
  • Midnight Sun (Twilight, #5)
  • Untitled (Twilight, #6)