Start by marking “Hearing with the Heart: A Gentle Guide to Discerning God's Will for Your Life” as Want to Read:
Hearing with the Heart: A Gentle Guide to Discerning God's Will for Your Life

Hearing with the Heart: A Gentle Guide to Discerning God's Will for Your Life

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Only through learning to hear with our hearts tuned closely to God can we discern how we should find our way through the crowded and confusing thickets of our lives. In Hearing with the Heart, popular writer and retreat leader Debra Farrington leads you through a gentle process for discovering how to invite God's presence into every aspect of your daily life. Her story-fil ...more
Published December 20th 2002 by Jossey-Bass

To ask other readers questions about Hearing with the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearing with the Heart

Natalie Ullmann
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book. I've been a student of surrender for many many years. I particular appreciate reading the works coming out of the Christian community on this issue, I think in part because of the Christian understanding of "vocation" of a calling. That there is a loving God, who created us with a particular destiny in mind.

I appreciated the author's broad approach, she includes comments and insights from many traditions. I liked the simplicity of her language and her approach. I appre
Patty
I finished this book some time ago, but some how never got a review written. I am very impressed with Farrington's ability to discuss discernment. She gives us the right guidance for when and how to discern God's will. I really like her style, her use of words.

I just wish I had encountered this book when I was trying to discernment my life goals. Right now, I am just trying to keep afloat in my present life.

I will try to find this book again when I am closer to retirement. I think I will need it
Randine
Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Very good - exactly what I was looking for to deepen my prayer life and understand meaning of rosaries (yes, protestants use rosaries too!)
Mandy Huot
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
great book! another book I will include in my next blog. really helpful and fitting during this time in my own journey of discernment.
Paige Swaim-presley
Apr 20, 2017
Angela
Mar 25, 2015
Rosa Burnett
rated it did not like it
May 19, 2014
John Forman
May 26, 2012
Seth
Feb 07, 2017

“We cannot truly know and understand how God speaks to us unless we have actually experienced
it. Learning to discern the fingerprint of God on your own life allows you to know deep in your soul and your skin the person God calls you to be. Then be that person instead of trying to be what you aren't. You'll be much richer for the experience. So will the rest of the world.”
0 likes