Start by marking “Delightfully Twisted Tales: Fire, Fangs and Brimstone (Volume Two)” as Want to Read:
Delightfully Twisted Tales: Fire, Fangs and Brimstone (Volume Two)

Delightfully Twisted Tales: Fire, Fangs and Brimstone

(Delightfully Twisted Tales #2)

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  87 ratings  ·  12 reviews
An old demon gets caught up in the bureaucracy of hell, a young dragon aims to impress his favorite mythological fiend, a hellhound finds a loving home, and a werewolf dabbles in the online dating scene. This delightfully twisted collection of three short shorts and a feature story is easily devoured in one sitting and will leave you hungry for more.

Also available by this
Published May 29th 2011 (first published April 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Delightfully Twisted Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delightfully Twisted Tales

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of Delightfully Twisted Tales: Fire, Fangs and Brimstone (Volume Two)
Michelle McGuinness
Just finished volume one. I honestly can't decide which story was my favorite. The wit, humor and creativity in every story is a breath of fresh air to the genre and writing in general. Nicky makes even the wackiest concept simultaneously charming and horrifying. Really looking forward to the other volumes.

--- June 21 update ---

And now I've finished volume two. A truly twisted experience. Nicky's imagination is unparalleled. Every story is as beautifully imaginative as it is disturbingly
Cathy
Aug 07, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
Four short stories previously published in genre magazines.
WITH GOOD INTENTIONS: It isn't easy being a minion of hell. The paperwork is hell, too.
FORGOTTEN PRAYERS: Dancing for the goddesses has a cruel purpose.
HELLHOUND RESCUE: A cautionary tale about crossbreeding your dog.
BLUE MOON: How do you define "virgin" these days?
Sheri
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
While the stories are short and this entrie book can be read in one sitting, they are witty and enjoyable. Recommend? Absolutely.
Melanti
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, e-book
I think this sets a new record for "short." The description says that the four stories can be easily devoured in one sitting -- well, that means all four stories put together can be read in under half an hour, even for a slow reader. There's approximately 20 pages of text on my e-reader; that would normally translate to around 10 printed pages.

Short can work sometimes, but 4 stories packed into 20 screens worth is rather extreme. I'll leave you to imagine how much depth and complexity can be
Genevieve
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first publication by the author that I read. I wasn't prepared for how short the stories were at first, but once I got into the flow of things, I found I really enjoyed her work. I think Ms. Drayden has the potential to become a bestselling author.
Linda
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror-fantasy
Free for Kindle and Nook - very short read.
Jack
Oct 30, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sorta comical ironic very short horror stories. 15 minutes on Mind Candy. Not too bad. Overworked hell minion. Divorced Werechick. And others. Decent Read.
Arlene Kellas
Nicky Dryden is always great for putting a bizarre twist in the already twisted tale. This was a freakishly fun read.
Emy
Oct 04, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Short short-stories. Interesting thoughts, but I wished some were longer...
Sandra
Free on Amazon and Nook
Hollie
Aug 13, 2011 rated it did not like it
Just wasn't for me...at all.
Elizabeth
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-story
These stories are short short short but also free free free. Clever twists, smooth and humorous. An appropriately short review =)
Kate
Nov 09, 2014
Beth Comstock - McLain
Apr 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Nicky Drayden is a Systems Analyst who dabbles in prose when she’s not buried in code. She resides in Austin, Texas where being weird is highly encouraged, if not required.

Sign up for my newsletter for updates, contests, swag, and more... http://www.nickydrayden.com/newslette...

Delightfully Twisted Tales (9 books)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Close Encounters of the Worst Kind (Volume One)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: The Weirdos Next Door (Volume Three)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Wisps, Spells and Faerie Tales (Volume Four)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Love and Other Filthy Habits (Volume Five)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: Family Antimatters (Volume Six)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: The Wide, Wide World of Weird (Volume Seven)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales:The Worst of Both Worlds (Volume Eight)
  • Delightfully Twisted Tales: The Future of Future Planning (Volume Nine)