Start by marking “Naughty No More: Change Unwanted Behaviors Through Positive Reinforcement” as Want to Read:
Naughty No More: Change Unwanted Behaviors Through Positive Reinforcement

Naughty No More: Change Unwanted Behaviors Through Positive Reinforcement

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Thought you couldnOCOt train your cat and resolve troublesome cat behavior challenges? Yes, you can! Clicker training, combined with other friendly, positive behavior modification techniques can effectively solve cat behavior problems and train your cat in a way that will be quick and easy for you?and fun for your cat. Clicker training can also improve your cat's activity ...more
Published February 3rd 2015 by BowTie Press (first published August 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Naughty No More, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naughty No More

Stephanie R.
This book describes some of the naughty things that cats do and how to stop it with clicker training. The author loves clickers so if you want to take any of the advice in this book you had better get a clicker. There are 4 different personality types discussed in this book: The Attention Seeker wants attention from humans, the Safety Seeker wants to be safe, the Networker wants to be up high to see everything that is happening in the house, and the Foodie loves food. All 4 of these personalitie ...more
Tia
Jul 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: how-to
Good basic primer on positive reinforcement, but short on troubleshooting details: for instance, what if your cat begins getting nervous and fretful during training? When and how do you transition from always clicking and treating for a behavior to broadening the behavior to every day life?
Also, the suggestions for how to stop nipping and counter-surfing are good first-lines, but they don't tell you what to do if your cat doesn't mind double-sided tape, for instance.
Neva Williams
Kind of hard to rate a how-to book before you attempt to apply the principles. This book was easy to read and the techniques sound logical. I seem to recall in the description or foreward that she promised to teach me how to make my cats like and interact with visitors. I may have missed the part where she told me how to do that. Maybe after training my cats to sit on their stool, I can coax them out from under the bed to perform their tricks for visitors. We shall see.

Abby
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful! Best of the cat training books that I read - enough so that I decided to purchase a copy. Now on to train Moses, Millie, and Moxie...
Phoebe
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Trying out the training now!
Kate