Start by marking “Arousing Suspicions” as Want to Read:
Arousing Suspicions

Arousing Suspicions (Darling Detectives #1)

Detective Nate Darling has put up with a lot of weird things since he's moved back to San Francisco—healing crystals, free range tofu, the SF Giants. But he's drawing the line at psychic dream interpretations.

Tabitha March claims she can see other people's dreams. In fact, she insists she "saw" a murder, and even provides Nate with explicit details of the crime. There's no
Published February 27th 2007 by Avon (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Arousing Suspicions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arousing Suspicions

Saly
When I started reading this book I wasn't sure I hadn't read this one before mainly because I remember reading the other two Darling stories. The hero Nate is one we met in the second book of the Port Henry series. He has moved back home after twenty years to reconnect with his siblings. When his parents divorced he left with his dad while his elder brother and younger sister stayed behind. The reconnecting has been well difficult especially since his cop turned PI brother acts difficult.

On a co
ElaineY
Jul 17, 2008 ElaineY rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: touch-of-romance
I wasn't too impressed with Stillings' earlier work, Damsel In Distress - my first book by the author but bought Arousing Suspicions after reading a few good reviews on it.

I'm still shaking my head wondering how this book got such good ratings and amazed that in this day and age of the romantic suspense genre, authors are still giving us TSTL heroines and heroes who fall for them. Even harder for me to believe there were readers who thought the heroine was smart!

Why on earth would an author let
Amy
Mar 10, 2008 Amy rated it really liked it
Paranormal Romance -- Tabby March claims she can see other person's dreams, but she must physically touch the person (and not an item of theirs) in order to see what the person has dreamed about.

With one of her clients, she insists that she has seen a murder and is able to provide the police with explicit details of the crime.

Enter Inspector Nate Darling. Nate's seen a lot of things in his life, but psychic dream interpretations?

Soon there is another murder and then it looks like the killer has
Kassandra
I very much enjoyed Tabitha and Nate's story. Here's my thing, when binge reading Marianne Stillings, while the stories are cute and fluffy they are very much the same. It's very...man hating - self deprecating. Some of the things Nate says "just being a disgusting male" makes me wince, while its meant to be funny, it's kinda makes you think "Well why would she want to be with him in that case?"

Overall it's a cute story, much like the Port Henry series and a good start to the Darling Sibling ser
Lhenry
Feb 05, 2012 Lhenry rated it it was ok
This one was ok. I finished it but just didn't connect with the characters. I figured out the villain very quickly and there was no suspense in how that villain would be caughy. I had a problem with Nate not believing in the psychic abilities of Tabitha when even for a skeptic it seemed like there was ample proof.
Tamara Van dishoeck
Ik moest er in het begin even inkomen maar al snel was ik dol op dit boek. Het einde is erg voorspelbaar maar er zaten toch een paar onverwachte wendingen in ook al had ik van een ervan na een tijdje al een vermoeden. Dit soort boeken blijven leuk. Ik hou wel van de combinatie van spannng en romantiek ook al bevat dit boek ook vrij veel erotiek.
Katie
Jun 27, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Loved it, a very sexy book and loved the suspense and murder aspect as well. Very good combo, need more books like this
Katie
Dec 25, 2008 Katie rated it liked it
Shelves: read-09
I liked this book. It follows two others and Nate Darling sounds like a darling guy... :)
Sumit
Sep 03, 2013 Sumit rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lib-bks
very interesting concept..........
Tabby is a dream interpreter and has a haunting backstory. Loved the suspense.
A great read :)
ChloeLeeNH
May 09, 2009 ChloeLeeNH rated it really liked it
I love Stillings writing style. Another great blend of sexual tension, mystery and humor. Another thumbs up :)
Ann brown
Apr 11, 2008 Ann brown rated it it was amazing
great book to a start off with the Darling Series
Anya
Jun 22, 2012 Anya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A perfect no-brains-needed read for a rainy afternoon.
Lieselot
Dec 30, 2011 Lieselot rated it really liked it
Nederlandstalige versie
Purple Iris
Feb 25, 2011 Purple Iris rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
Do not recommend this book or writer to anyone, really. Just meh. Good mindless read for the plane, though.
Lois
Jul 04, 2010 Lois rated it it was amazing
love rereading this series... sure wish there were more books by her! :)
Shannon
It wasn't bad, although parts of it were a little far-fetched. And I'm not referring to the psychic dream stuff, either!
Gwingle
Gwingle rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Kelli Doubek
Kelli Doubek rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
Amanda Gumpper
Amanda Gumpper rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2011
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Ginny
Ginny rated it really liked it
Oct 17, 2010
Mindin
Mindin rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Sharon Renee Whirley
Sharon Renee Whirley rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2009
Peace_Love_Reading
Peace_Love_Reading rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Fiola Faelan
Fiola Faelan rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2013
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Romantical Skeptic
Romantical Skeptic rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Susan Efting
Susan Efting rated it it was amazing
Jan 17, 2017
PaigeTerlip
PaigeTerlip rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Her Bodyguard
  • Intimate Danger
  • Cutting Loose (Steele Street, #8)
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Something Wicked
  • Play Dead
  • A Breath Away
  • Trust No One
  • Charmed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #2)
  • Scandalous by Night (Carlisle Family, #4)
  • Turn Left At Sanity
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • I See You
  • Ace Is Wild
  • Finding Strength
  • The Devil and Ms. Johnson
  • Heart of Glass
Marianne entered the world in the usual way, eleven days before Christmas way back in Nineteen, uh, something. The first child born to a Santa Barbara, California heating and sheet metal contractor and a former “Rosie” (as in WWII airplane riveter), Marianne was named after a character in a book. Hmm. Auspicious? A harbinger, foreshadowing things to come?
Superfluous fact: Marianne doesn't have a
More about Marianne Stillings...

Darling Detectives (3 books)
  • Satisfaction