Start by marking “Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation” as Want to Read:
Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation

Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  186 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
The new 6th edition textbook with accompanying DVD reflects the 2010 American Academy of Pediatrics and American Heart Association Guidelines for Neonatal Resuscitation.

The new, extensively updated Neonatal Resuscitation Program materials represent a shift in approach to the education process, eliminating the slide and lecture format and emphasizing a hands-on, interactiv
Published May 15th 2011 by American Academy of Pediatrics (first published June 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation

Stephanie
Oct 01, 2016 rated it liked it
I had to read this book for work and it was ok. Informative and boring.
Crystal
Feb 07, 2018 rated it liked it
easy to understand
Laila
OVERALL RATING: 4.6/5
I read this book as a requirement for my Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and found it to be informative and straightforward. The text thoroughly and frequently reviews key concepts and the principles of neonatal resuscitation, while building on the foundations of NRP. Overall, the book was easy to read and well-structured.

Was this book entirely a waste of time? No. It contains content that is useful for healthcare providers, especially those working with neonates.
W
Rachel
Mar 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
This textbook teaches the basics of neonatal resuscitation. The text itself is reasonably accessible and the material seems fairly comprehensive for what's needed, though I found the information in each chapter to be somewhat disorganized (clearer section headings might have helped). The corresponding exam was similarly disorganized, and some of the questions in each section pertained to material from other chapters. They're coming out with a new edition in May 2016 -- hopefully the new edition ...more
Ebster Davis
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The layout reminds me of the old Reader's Digest magazines for some reason. The book has huge margins perfect for taking notes (I used a lot of post-it notes, they're the perfect size). The text is larger font and easy to read.

A lot of the information is a bit redundant (especially the NRP flow graph); with the aim of helping you retain information. I started filling in the graph with further clarifying information as I learned it in the chapters.

I enjoyed this book as a practical guide, and I
Karen
May 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually easy to read, even for those who don't have a medical background (google is your friend when you don't understand some words). Apparently the British method around neonatal resuscitation is better, at least according to the at home midwifery world.
Tracy
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very clear presentation of information. The accompanying DVD is excellent as well.
Christina Harris
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
A solid 4 stars. Excellent content but boring, albeit necessary. I would have rated it higher had it prepared me a bit better for the chapter exams.
Amanda
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Clear and concise. It does a great job of explaining the concepts, but it won't be my new coffee table book or anything. ;)
Jo
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Heart & Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy & Birth
  • Epidemiology
  • Holistic Midwifery : Care During Pregnancy Vol. 1
  • Medications and Mothers' Milk 2006 (Medications and Mother's Milk)
  • Obstetric Myths Versus Research Realities: A Guide to the Medical Literature
  • Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine
  • Mama Might Be Better Off Dead: The Failure of Health Care in Urban America
  • Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, with E-Book
  • The Case For Make Believe: Saving Play in a Commercialized World
  • Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering: The Wisdom and Science of Gentle Choices in Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting
  • Notes on Nursing: What It Is, and What It Is Not
  • Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year (Wise Woman Herbal Series, #1)
  • Childbirth without Fear: The Principles and Practice of Natural Childbirth
  • Welcome with Love
  • After the Baby's Birth: A Complete Guide for Postpartum Women
  • Confessions of a Knife
  • Mothering Multiples: Breastfeeding and Caring for Twins or More! (La Leche League International Book)
  • Women's Moods, Women's Minds: What Every Woman Must Know About Hormones, the Brain, and Emotional Health