Start by marking “Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #28)” as Want to Read:

Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #28)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  625 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
The 17th book from the hugely popular early chapter book series to re-emerge with a new look! Brand-new eye-catching cover art brings a modern feel to this classic monster series for young readers.

Liza is on her way to the local stables when she slips on the snow and hurts herself! Out of nowhere, a sleigh pulled by a white unicorn appears and takes her all the way to the
Published November 1st 1997 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides

Shanay
Hannah Belyea
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: the-child-inside
After their friend is apparently rescued by a majestic white horse and its sleigh, the Bailey School Kids decide to investigate and learn if this beauty is truly a unicorn! Dadey will excite young readers with this magical entry!
Jason Pettus
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
(I now maintain a blog just for my kid-lit reviews. Find it at http://kidlit4adults.blogspot.com .)

A friend has convinced me to try my hand this year for the first time at writing children's literature; but I don't actually know anything about children's literature, so am starting the process among other ways by first reading a stack of popular books that have been recommended to me. Today's titles are from yet another of these series of endless chapter-books designed for grade-schoolers, in thi
✧ Kimberly ✧
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
B
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is fitting for children that are just learning how to read. The chapters were short and easy to read. This book can be read aloud chapter by chapter to my class. I would have this book in my classroom library so my students can practice reading on books they would enjoy. I give this out of 5 stars because it was a cute book but the story line could have been extended.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally chose to read this book so I could reach my book challenge goal, but I really enjoyed it!
The Bailey School Kids series was my favorite when I was growing up, and this book is probably one of their best!
Magic!
Tori Leake
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Unicorns Don't Give Sleigh Rides was one of the only Bailey School Kids books I did not read as a child. I loved it just as much as I loved the others. I chose this book because I love this collection and it is always fun to see what new adventures the kids will go on.
Molly
Oct 11, 2008 added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Wendi
My son has recently discovered these books and has really been enjoying them. I picked this one up to see what he was reading. Harmless, and fun, but not interesting to me. I do enjoy some of the kids books and some I don't.
Kayla
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
The first time I heard this book was in the library. Our librarian had a c.d that read the book. We sat there and listened to it. It was great.
Seth
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: by-myself
Liza hurt her ankle. she had horse lessons. she thought she saw a unicorn. they went to the stables Liza cleaned a pony.
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Rachael
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lj
I personally didn't read this one but Lj read it without a fuss and for that it gets 5 stars!!!!!
Cody
Jun 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
i forgot all about these book from when i was little... it was so cool to see them on here and remember the stories.
great when ur little
Julia Margaret
Dec 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shayna
Recommended to Julia by: myself
Shelves: mysteries
Eddie, Liza, Melody, and Howie go on another adventure. Can the horse that "rescued" Liza actually be a unicorn? It also helps a puppy and a cat.
Kathrine
Feb 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
I thought this book was kind of boring
Logan
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read these all in while I was in middle school and loved them, giving them a 3.5-4.0 for my past 12 year old self.
Mary
Nov 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was really, really good. If you want something that's fiction, then this is something that you should consider.
Rebecca Crull
This one was better than the Halloween one I read with my class. I liked the ending. We were able to discuss ways to help people during Christmas.
PWRL
Jun 26, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
O
At Home
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Natalie (5) chose this book, she said this about it: It was great. I liked the unicorn, the kitty and the puppy in it.
Josephine
Aug 20, 2015
Wen
Mar 01, 2014
  • Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Strikeout
  • In the Ice Caves of Krog (The Secrets of Droon, #20)
  • Reindeer Do Wear Striped Underwear (The Bailey School Kids Jr. Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • The Greedy Gremlin (Pixie Tricks, #2)
  • A Horse Named Dragon (The Boxcar Children, #114)
  • I Was a Third Grade Science Project
  • The Slumber Party Secret (Nancy Drew: Notebooks, #1)
  • The Baby Pony (Pony Pals Super Special, #1)
  • The Silver Bracelet (The Unicorn's Secret, #3)
  • Stanley in Space (Flat Stanley, #3)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • The Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #4): Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)

Fiction Deals

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • In the Name of the Family
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth Avenue Artists Society
  • All That's Left of Me
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Labyrinths (New Directions Paperbook)
    $15.95 $2.99
  • The Year We Left Home
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Whip
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • Written on the Body
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Dragon's Teeth (The Lanny Budd Novels)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)