Start by marking “Becoming Edward” as Want to Read:
Becoming Edward

Becoming Edward

A guy starts dressing up like Edward Cullen to attract a girl who’s a massive Twilight fan. Trouble is he gets it wrong and it kind of goes to his head, with disastrous consequences.

Becoming Edward is set in the UK and is a light-hearted, fun novel about what happens when obsession goes too far. Perfect for both Twilight and non-Twilight fans.
Nook Book
Published (first published June 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Becoming Edward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming Edward

Divergent by Veronica RothCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Best Break Out
2,122 books — 4,767 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Twilight Collection by Stephenie MeyerThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsVampire Academy Collection by Richelle Mead
Best Teen Romance
517 books — 1,112 voters

More lists with this book...

Amara
Very sassy, smart writing. What a great idea for a book. It's original and funny with some bittersweet and laugh-out-loud moments. The characters are very well portrayed (I love Cassie! I think we share the same hair!).

I'm pretty sure both teens and adults are going to love this delightful novel.
Mikha ϟ
Jun 08, 2011 rated it liked it
I was looking for the cover of Rachel's Twilight book coz I was relly curious. :)

She described it as "a super-rare first edition.... A haunted looking Bella Swan stared out of the cover. She had deep melancholy eyes, a sharp black bob and one of those faces that followed you around the room. She looked terrified. A modern-day Mona Lisa minus the smile."

oh. Look. here it is: :)
[image error]

Ü
Shalini Boland
An absolute MUST READ for any Twilight fan, a love triangle to rival A Midsummer Night's Dream. It's a wonderful story that's funny and irreverent, clever and absorbing. This is YA fiction at its best!
Angela
Jun 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book
Missy (Missy's Reads & Reviews)
Jun 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wish-list
This was one of those random Kindle purchases that I make every once in a while when I come upon an ebook that simply intrigues me. I mean, come on, a book about a guy that decides to become Edward Cullen to win the girl? For the female Twilight fans, that is a MUST read if for no other reason than to find out how it goes! Plus, at a price like $2.99, it's simply too hard to resist.

I adore this book. Not only was the premise amusing and just too cute for words, but the characters were seemingly
Aug 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
Rachel is in love with Edward Cullen. Really, who wouldn't be? It's not like she's writing "Mrs. Edward Cullen" in her notebooks, or plotting horrible deaths for Bella Swan. It's just that Edward is so...well, "perfect" is the only thing that comes to mind. Real boys just can't measure up. Clive's been interested forever, but she just doesn't see him. Lewis would change his player ways for her, but she can't see past them. Only Edward will do, and that's just who Lewis intends to be. New hair, ...more
Peter Boland
Jun 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this. I thought it would be all moody teenager thinks he's Edward Cullen smarming his way around moody Twilight girl. It's much better than that. It certainly has us guys pegged - we do ridiculous things to get girls and when they don't work it makes us go a bit crazy. It's original, funny (at the expense of the characters, not Twilight) and I totally related to the two boys - one over-thinks everything and the other completely misses the point of why girls are attr ...more
P.Q. Glisson
Sep 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A friend on goodreads sent me this recommendation. I'm indebted to her. I went to amazon.com and read a sample. I was hooked. I had to get this book but it was only available in Kindle format. I don't own a Kindle. I know, I know, it's hard to believe. Someone like me who loves to read doesn't own the latest and greatest reading tool. Call me old fashioned but I love to hold a book in my hand. This book wasn't out in paperback so I googled the title and author. Low and behold, it was available o ...more
Shawn
Jul 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was hilarious! Lewis lost is mind. All the other characters were sensible. Overall it is a nice story to read and I think would be enjoyable for any Twilight fan.
Stacy
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
A quick entertaining read. Thanks to Jodi for the lend of the Kindle book!
Regina
I thought I was going to have this finished this yesterday, but I just couldn't. It wasn't even 10 o'clock and my eyes were dropping.
No-one could ever be Edward, she realised now.
But could he be her Edward?
Definitely.

At the beginning of the book, our main female protagonist, Rachel, mentions the first edition of Twilight which looks like this:

description

The only one I could find for sale at this very minute was one on a website called Biblico.co.uk selling for £399.99. See here.

While not being the best
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Definitely better than I expected! It was an addicting story and I snorted laughing at a couple parts. A bit cheesy and predictable at the end and the people I wanted together didn't end up together. Still a fun read for a Twilight fan.
Justin Dillon-Shallard
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I am a twilight fan and this book is set in my home town, so i was always going to enjoy this book. Great sassy story and i laughed out loud at least once. Great book.
Johanna Frappier
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Thank you soooooo much for keeping the love alive!!! Your book makes me so happy! :D xxoo
Alison Ball
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is one of the worst books that I've ever read! I thought that it was going to be fun and quirky, but it was poorly writen with a predictable plot and shallow, boring characters.

Looking back on it, I don't know why I thought a book that is dedicated to worshiping Twilight would be good.

The most ridiculous part of the whole novel was the fact that a steady, level header man, who also is a bit of man whore,(Lewis) would be interested in a book like Twilight and get obsessed with it. Towards t
Shaz Goodwin
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
The reader gets to know Rachel’s background before we meet best friend Cassie. Cassie talks Rachel into going to Bournemouth town centre on the premise that she will buy her another copy of Twilight.

While they are on the bus, the story moves to Lewis. The reader is immediately aware of his easy lifestyle and the lack of respect he shows for the females in his life. Forgetting to buy a birthday gift for his sister Olivia, he rushes off to Bournemouth town centre. The shops are closing at the end
Shawn
Becoming Edward is a sweet story about a girl in search of “her Edward”. Anyone who enjoyed the Twilight Saga can probably relate to this sentiment. Finding traits and qualities in a guy that resembles Edward and his devoted, romantic, and mysterious ways.

In the book Rachael’s heart is desired by both Clive and Lewis, but when one of them plans to “become Edward”, getting lost in the idea of winning Rachael’s love through fantasy, things really begin to get interesting.

As a fellow break out auth
Bella
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute
This was recommended to me by a friend and it wasn't what I was expecting - It was much, much better! I read it in an afternoon. It's not Shakespeare, but it's light, fluffy, funny and totally entertaining. Five stars, easy.
Vivian
Oct 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Very light, very fluffy, very quick read. For Twilight fans only, as is probably obvious!
Fatema
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was really good.You will enjoy this especially if your a twilight fan.I really like this book though I wish some parts were diffrent it ok.Overall i enjoyed the book
♥♥~Carla~♥♥
Jun 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
This book is a super cute and fast read. It is a great read for those of us who were or are obsessed with finding our Edward!! Great for Twilight fans!!
Claire
Jun 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light and heart-warming read, with extravagant but funny characters. Every girl looking for "her Edward" should read this!
Tash
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Tash by: Angela
Ida (IG: PleaseJustLetMeRead)
Not the most well-written books I've ever read, but still an entertaining read.
The sudden changes in perspective make it confusing and chaotic. The characters aren't THAT likeable, and we don't REALLY get to know what motivates them, - and where the heck are all the grown ups?!?
LOADS of references to the Twilight Saga, which is what makes it fun; it not only talks about, but also mimics the Twilight Saga. How many similarities can you find along the way? Personally I gave up counting - there whe
Coeurnoble
Jul 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Amber
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who have read Twilight (hated it or loved it)
Recommended to Amber by: Saw it on my feed
Let me just start off by saying I don't like Twilight. I didn't always start that way, either. When I first saw the hype, I was intrigued. A friend bought me book 1 and insisted I'd love it. Given my 14/15 year old penchant for poorly written fanfiction and YA literature, I figured I'd like it. But I didn't.

Don't get me wrong, it draws me in. Even New Moon, there was a perverse need to keep reading [after DNF-ing on my first try]. (And yes, this is as far as I've gotten). The story hooked me, t
Babbling Chatter  Reads
Mar 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-ebooks
On one of the days that I was on Twitter there was a tweet to get “Becoming Edward” by Faye Meredith for free on that day on Amazon. Intrigue by the title and reading the summary of the story I could not resist and ended up setting up the Kindle app on my devices and downloaded this freebie.

Days later after purchase (and after I had finished reading The 2nd book from the Hunger Games Trilogy, “Catching Fire”) I needed a quick break from that roller coaster ride and started to read this book. I h
Gabby
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
WARNING: This Review may have spoilers but big ones will be marked

Cover: 4 stars. I really liked how it is so simple but catches your attention anyway. And how the Title and Author really stand out. Excellent.

Okay. This was a good book. I wouldn't say 'OMG! READ THIS' But i wouldn't say not to read it. In fact i am just about to borrow this book to my sister and cousin after telling them what it's about. Okay, one other thing you should know about my sister and cousin is that; They. Don't. Read.
Nicky Cartwright Pashley
I read a lot of Young Adult books and am often not conscious of them being aimed at that target audience. However, I was very much aware that this book was aimed at older teenagers.

That said, it made for an amusing , light read.

Rachel is a young girl, living on a rough estate with an impoverished single Mother. We don't learn anything else about her Mother, or the estate that she lives on (I presume that it was only mentioned to show that she didn't have much money).
She is totally obsessed with
Sheryl
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Twilight fans
It wasn't the first time that Ihad read this book. Actually, the first time I read this book was on last year. I think it was on September. My first impression on the story was hilarious. It was a fun read, not boring. Faye Meredith never failed to depict on her story what it was like to be a Twilight fanatic, especially the magical feeling whenever reading Stephenie's book.

Becoming Edward was a very cute and uplifting story from start to finish. The romance between the two main characters (Lewi
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hunted (Marchwood Vampires, #3)
  • Fairy Circle (Fairy Circle, #1)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Apocalypse: An Anthology by Authors and Readers
  • Charming
  • Forever Bound (1Night Stand, #5)
  • Neverdark
  • December Moon (The Raven Saga, #2)
  • Side Effects
  • Pig Boy
  • Daughter of Winter
  • Turning Amber (Lila, #0.7)
  • Afterlife (A Discovery of Vampires, #1)
  • Legacy of a Dreamer (Dreamer, #1)
  • Hunter's Fall (The Hunters, #13)
  • Bind Me (Roommate Romance, #2)
  • Alone (Serenity, #1)
  • Her and Me and You
“I would do anything for Rachel and if she wants an Edward, that’s what I’ll be.” 3 likes