Start by marking “Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)” as Want to Read:
Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)

Bad Bargain

(Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 #5)

"Off the rack gives me hives." -- Cordelia, "Out of Mind, Out of Sight"

The Scoobies are used to being personally affected when demonic nasties come to Sunnydale. And they're used to strange things happening at Sunnydale High -- after all, the place is built over the Hellmouth. But they've sealed the Hellmouth, so they don't think anything's out of the ordinary when items t
Published December 26th 2006 by Simon Spotlight Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Bad Bargain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Bargain

BookLoversLife
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review to come.
Allison
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book just made me really happy. It was well written, well thought out, stayed true to the characters and the Hell Mouth plot was believable to the show. Not only do I recommend this book, I will happy reread it in the future!
Bookreader1972
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 Stars. See Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2 (BTVS Collection #2)omnibus for full review.
Rebecca
As Buffy Tie-In novels this one was actually a bit on the mediocre side.

Diana Gallagher has written a few Buffy novels so I've got to admit I expected better and was actually a bit disappointed.

The storyline was actually a bit crap to be honest. With miniature demons leaking out the hellmouth to infest the contents of a jumble sale for the marching band.

The context was good putting the book towards the latter end of Season 2 and it made the appropriate references, however, for me the main proble
Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect
3.5 stars.

One of my goals this year is to read more of the BTVS novels I have. So I've started early on this goal.

I enjoyed this one. It had some of the elements that I really like in a Buffy story, one of those elements is having a normal girl/student problem, along with a Slayer problem. A rummage sale is going on at school and Joyce is in the middle of her keep Buffy on track and know where and what she's doing after school hours kick. Now on top of all of that, the Hellmouth has been relea
Yoda Bor
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J'ai été très fan de Buffy dans ma jeunesse et, si je n'ai jamais fini la série, j'en garde une très forte nostalgie et j'aime m'y replonger à l'occasion.
Ça a été le cas en découvrant que de nombreuses petites histoires autour de Buffy, ses amis et ses aventures ont été écrites par différents écrivains, pour combler certains blancs de la série ou pour rajouter quelques péripéties.

Sale affaire se déroule donc au cours de la saison 2.
Jenny est toujours vivante, la Bouche de l'Enfer a été fermée, B
Nyx
Apr 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
“In every generation, there is a chosen one. A slayer destined to protect the human race.”

In case you’re unfamiliar with the Buffy series; Buffy the Vampire Slayer was created by Joss Whedon in 1997, only a few years before I was born. I loved the t.v. series so when I found this book I was really excited.

Buffy, the Chosen One, is a Vampire Slayer who lives in Sunnydale, California. Her true identity is known to her Watcher, Giles, and a small group of friends, nicknamed ‘The Scooby Gang’. By da
Holli
Dec 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Terrible. I just can't fathom why Dru and Spike went to a high school rummage sale for clothes. dru wanted a new dress for something important. Don't they just steal what they want? lol. So.....were they looking for bargains at Sunnydale High????? lol

I DNF 'd it at page 25. Too much inner dialogue and again I couuldn't figure out why Buffy had volunteered for this thing in the first place. Buffy was shopping there too. Buff is a fashion plate. She doesn't do thrift.

Too bad I really wanted to re
Octavia Cade
Quick, fun read that is much more tonally consistent than other Buffy books I've read lately. I liked the idea of Hellmouth pests as well: that ecological spillover from another dimension is enough to cause chaos when said demon pests don't do well in a new environment. It makes a change that the Big Bad isn't actually a Big Bad at all, just a bunch of little critters doing their thing, without an evil plan to their name. The kur was an interesting idea too, but I thought the wee salamander was ...more
Kris Irvin
Mar 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-read
This book made me gleeful. It was perfect. All the characters were true to themselves (particularly Willow) and the subject was just AWESOME. And I am kinda bummed Buffy's bonding with the lizard wasn't ever explored more but I loved Pragoh. I loved Pragoh a lot. Yay this book!

Dang, I miss Buffy.

Re-read Sept 2013. Okay, it's not a five star book. But it's still a good one.
Amanda
May 23, 2014 rated it liked it
This is one of the better Buffy books I've read. The plot isn't exactly intricate, but it's definitely a fun read and it has the feel of an episode of the show. I will be seeking out more titles from this author in the future.
Lukas Anthony
Jan 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
If this was really an episode in season two, it would definitely be one of the worst. The plot here could have probably made for a fun 'monster of the week' style episode but the author really didn't seem able to attach any humour to make it fun. Buffy barely even quipped. Poor showing.
laura
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-challenge
GILES AND MS. CALENDAR AND OZ AND SPIKE AND DRU AND JONATHAN AND ANDREW brb crying into the cute fluff that this was
Chris
Jul 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Another good entry
Randy
Jul 30, 2011 added it
Ugh...worst buffy book
Ceejay
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another great Buffy novel! The lesson we learn in this book is to be careful of the things you touch at a high school rummage sale.
Theodora
Jamie Bell
Jun 10, 2016
Joana
May 31, 2015

• After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #7)
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Carnival of Souls (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 #8)
  • Dark Congress (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #8)
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Blackout (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Revenant (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #11)
  • Mortal Fear (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #3)
  • Wicked Willow I: The Darkening (Wicked Willow, #1)
  • Seven Crows (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #1; Angel: Season 4-5, #1)
  • Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #21)
  • The Suicide King (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #2)
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
Diana G. Gallagher is an American author who writes books for children and young adults based on television series. She has contributed to book series based on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Charmed, among others.

Born in 1946, in Paterson, New Jersey, she now lives in Florida with her husband, the writer Martin Burke. She sometimes also writes under the name Diana Burke.

Ga

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2 (10 books)
  • Keep Me in Mind (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #1)
  • The Suicide King (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #2)
  • Colony (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #3)
  • Night Terrors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #4)
  • Portal Through Time (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #6)
  • After Image (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #7)
  • Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #9)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)