Start by marking “So Few of Me” as Want to Read:
So Few of Me

So Few of Me

"Just the message overscheduled families need in today's frantic world . . . delivered with humor and terrific artwork." -- John de Graaf, national coordinator, Take Back Your Time

Published August 22nd 2006 by Candlewick Press (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about So Few of Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about So Few of Me

Archit Ojha
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
So many books to read, so little time!

Such imagination! Time to gang up with another versions of you to complete the long to-do-list.
Cute and humorous.
Lisa Vegan
Nov 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: for too busy adults and kids; as a counting book 1-10; fans of Peter H. Reynolds’ books
I love this author-illustrator and I loved this book.

It works on so many levels. It’s a philosophy book, a counting book, and a really funny story.

I love that on the inside back cover the author talks about how he took a time management seminar and how it helped him get scheduled, overly scheduled and organized, so that he had no “downtime – and that’s where some of the best of life comes from.”

I love how on the end papers it shows Leo lying on the ground daydreaming and on the front end papers
:Donna Marie
SO FEW OF ME is a picture book written more for adults, which is one thing Peter Reynolds is SO good at. Through the character of Leo, it becomes very clear that no matter how hard we try, we will always have a list of things to do that never seem to get done. The solution? Slow down and take time to dream. In other words "Stop and smell the roses!"
Shiloah
Leo wondered, “What if I did less —but did my BEST?”
N
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddie-esoteric
why ever do people have so many things to do?
Becky Loader
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
OK. What would really happen if you duplicated yourself to get all your tasks done?
Hmmm. Food for thought.
Sadia Mansoor
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
"What if I did less... but did my best?"
Shirley Sun
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really like it as an adult! When I forgot to "do less but better", I read it again.
Courtney
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
So Few of Me is a story that teaches us that sometimes quality is better than quantity.

I think this was a book that would be cute for lower grade levels and it could be a great way to teach them moral lessons. When looking for a Ebook I saw this one and was instantly drawn in because of the artwork (ish), and to be honest I was a little disappointed. The story wasn’t all that appealing and I feel like it could’ve done so much more, but I am a 24 year old reading a book made for 6-9 year olds.
Misbah
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Drew Graham
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Leo thinks the solution to his overlong to-do list is to have multiple copies of himself, but this might just complicate things even more.

I've been feeling lately that my schedule (specifically my hold on it) has been kind of pulling me in a lot of different directions so I could relate to Leo in this fun and somewhat profound children's book. It's a good reminder to take time now and then to breathe (those relaxing Instagram ads thy throw in my stories feed now and then have a similar effect).
Shannon
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amazon Book Description:
Reynolds (Ish) creates a lighthearted yet insightful fable about the repercussions of overscheduled lives. The tale's opening line—"Leo was a busy lad"—appears opposite a picture of a blond boy diligently multitasking. No matter how hard he works, there is always more to do, so he decides to make a to-do list. Alas that list grows and grows, leading Leo to utter, "So few of me and so much to do. If only there were two of me." Immediately, there is a knock on the door, whi
Stephanie Croaning
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How appropriate to read this book on Christmas eve! SO FEW OF ME features a young boy who was extremely busy. He tries to make a list to help him get organized, but there always seems more to do. So he makes the offhand comment that it would be nice if there were two of him, and suddenly a second him appears at the door. The message in the story is that we will always make more busy, no matter how much help we have, but we need to remember to stop and dream as well. I love when Leo makes this di ...more
Gaby
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it
I chose this book because I love how positive Ish is and the fun of The Dot. This book didn't quite live up to them, but it was a sweet story in its own way.

The more 'help' Leo gets, the more work there is to be done. Many lists are written but there is always more to do. This would be a good book for young children who are perfectionists, telling them to do their best, rather than trying to do everything. And always save time to dream.
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Peter Reynolds does a wonderful job of capturing and addressing the woes of modern life. In So Few of Me, Leo laments "so few of me and so much to do. If only there were TWO of me." And ta da! More and more Leos appear to help take care of the many tasks that need to be done. Finally, Leo realizes that more Leos just mean more work. This would have been a satisfying ending for me but Reynolds cleverly extends this to ask, "What if I did less but did my BEST?"

This not only helped me think about
Megan
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: theme, picture-book
"Leo was a busy lad" so opens the book. Leo decides he has so much to do that it would be better if there were two of him. A knock on the door reveals another Leo waiting to help the first. Leos quickly multiply and become 10 before the first Leo decides he is exhausted from working so much and takes a nap. Napping was not on the list and the other Leos are upset. They end up leaving Leo and Leo is happy with this. He decides it's best to do his best and not worry about the rest. A good reminder ...more
Theresa
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Leo's list of things to do keeps growing, until one day he wishes, "If only there were two of me." Just as the words are out of his mouth, poof! Another Leo appears! Two Leos become three, three become four, and four become more . . . but Leo can't help but notice that he has even more to do than before. As he struggles to deal with his overcomplicated life, Leo realizes that there may be a simpler solution to his overscheduling woes. Peter H. Reynolds, the award-winning author-illustrator of TH ...more
Yolanda
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it
This book, although a children's picture book, is one that many adults would be able to relate to. It captures the everyday chaos and busyness that we all face if we don't take a second to just sit back and breath in and out. The main character Leo finds himself swamped with chores and a million other things when he gets an idea to multiply himself so that there would be more than one of him. The pages aren't busy with too much color, or too many distracting objects that take away from the story ...more
Karyn The Pirate
Sep 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Have you ever felt like no matter how hard you work and how long, there is always more to do? Well, take some time; sit down and read So Few of Me. It will help give you perspective on the overwhelming feelings we often feel in a fast pace world. Leo is a busy lad, and his list of things to do keeps growing and growing. As his work load grows, so do the number of Leos, until there are 10 Leos who each brings more work with him. Does adding more Leos help the original get the work done, or is the ...more
Tim Snell
Oct 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Genre: Traditional
Copyright: 2006

"Leo was a busy lad. No matter how hard he worked, there was always more to do."

"So Few of Me" is a fun look at what life could be like if there were multiples of a single person. Would that person be able to accomplish his/her tasks in record time, or would they just find even more things to do? I liked this book because it made me think of how I juggle multiple tasks and like the main character, I have to have a list in order to get it done. I wish I could have
Jun 22, 2008 rated it really liked it
I love Peter H. Reynolds' illustrations, they are so sweet and oftentimes, comical. This book is pretty funny, even though it is a children's book I can see an adult message as well. The back flap explains how the author got the inspiration for this book and it made me laugh. I'd definitely recommend this book.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2008...
Rebecca Ann
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book! perfect for storytime. A little boy named leo has so much to do that he needs another of himself to help and then another and another etc. In the end he decides it would be better to do less and just do his best. I like the whimsical illustrations with strong black outlines, lots fo white space and watercolor (?). The drawings remind me of the ones in Roald Dahl's books!
babyhippoface
Jan 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Charming ink, watercolor, and tea illustrations in Reynolds’ signature style depict overworked Leo, who thinks he could accomplish more if only there were two of him. He quickly learns the opposite is true--the more Leos, the more work to be done. Reynolds (The Dot, Ish) has produced another tiny treasure with a timely message for today’s rush-around society. Read this aloud to listeners ages 8 to 80 for its message on letting trivial things go and giving your best to what’s really important.
Jillian Heise
Peter H. Reynolds books are among my favorites, and although this one doesn't quite live up to The Dot or Ish for me, it's still a book I would share with students. Makes you think about all the things we think are important and commit ourselves to, and the busyness of life, and how important it can be to stop and appreciate a moment at times.
Shawna Kopp
A great book to share with your students to build self confidence and achievement. This is a motivating book to show children that there is only one of them in this entire world and we all have talents and strengths that we should be proud of. Tie this book in with how we should treat others and why everyone is important.
Michael
Nov 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story
There was something missing with this book. I liked the idea, and the illustrations were simple enough, but the sudden revelation at the end seemed to come out of nowhere and I thought it was incongruous with the pacing of the rest of the book. Sure, too much work makes too much work, but where did the idea come from to do your best? It just seemed half-baked to me.
Wrigley
Jan 23, 2009 added it
Shelves: mom-favorite
[c note: W was cranky about including this one, and she wanted to give it one star even thought I know she liked it a little. I've added it because *I* really liked it. Probably because I often feel like there are too few of me and W has no idea what that is like. So really I think this one is a picture book for adults.]
Gail
Jun 28, 2008 rated it liked it
I liked it, but not nearly as much as The Dot or Ish (written and illustrated by the same author). These are great books to give as end of the year gifts to teachers or to graduates, especially The Dot and Ish. Some of Reynold's picture books seem to be a better fit for adults, but the lessons learned in the books would be great for kids as well.
Powers Family
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
LOVE the message of this book especially the conclusion "what if I did less - but did my best?" - probably resonates more w/ over todo-ed moms but a good message for kids as well that sometimes less is more. :)
Carol
Dec 24, 2007 rated it it was amazing
I own the book, but it's borrowed and lost.

*********

The book is great to those who don't think they would like to read. The story is very simple and the reader will learn a lesson after reading it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Plant a Kiss
  • It's Okay to Make Mistakes
  • How to Do Homework Without Throwing Up
  • Ralph Tells a Story
  • Someday
  • The Way Back Home (The Boy, #3)
  • Smitten
  • Zero
  • Edwardo the Horriblest Boy in the Whole Wide World
  • Freckleface Strawberry
  • Mary Had a Little Lamp
Peter Hamilton Reynolds is an author and illustrator of children's books and is the co-Founder and CEO of educational media company FableVision.