Start by marking “Deep Cover (Undercover Cops #1)” as Want to Read:
Deep Cover (Undercover Cops #1)

Deep Cover

(Undercover Cops #1)

Maintaining his cover cost undercover cop Rick Gray the woman he loved. Sweet Ginny Bryson never really knew Rick--he never gave her the chance. Not then, and not now, when he's back with a new alias to gather evidence against Ginny's uncle. The man's crimes led to Rick's partner's death, and Rick wants justice to be served. But his investigation is stirring up trouble, an ...more
Published September 6th 2011 by Love Inspired (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Cover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Cover

Start your review of Deep Cover (Undercover Cops #1)
Hannah
A fast-paced thriller and a hard one to lay aside. Rick and Ginny's story is truly enjoyable, and I really liked that they are both Christians. The villains keep you guessing to the very end; you might think you have them pegged, and suddenly something else pops up. I'm definitely planning to read the other two books in the series soon.
Christine Lindsay
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Just finished Deep Cover, and really loved it. What a fast-paced, exciting, romantic story and awesome, fresh writing,

The story opens with the crack of a wooden beam and the hero, Rick Gray, dropping ten feet to the floor. The plot continues with the pace of a bullet, only slowing down for some really sweet and tender romance.

Rick Gray can’t tell Ginny Bryson that he’s really an undercover cop and is acting as her uncle’s foreman only to reveal some nasty things about her family. Ginny wants t
Lisa Jamieson
Jun 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Sandra released her first novel in September and I wish I could tell the world to go buy it. (Actually, I blogged about it at http://walkrightinministries.blogspot... so that's my best attempt at "telling the world!")

Deep Cover is only Sandra’s first novel. Her publisher has already purchased two more — with one scheduled for release in March 2012 and the third shortly after that. Such a commitment to a writer speaks volumes of their confidence in her talent and messages!

I could hardly put Deep Cover down and w
Andi
Aug 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My rating is a 5-star. I'm not sure why it's showing as 2.

Rarely do I pick up a book to help myself relax before bed, only to see the breaking of day before I even put it down again. Deep Cover, the breakout novel by Canadian author, Sandra Orchard, was one such book to snag me in the middle of the short lived night.

Deep Cover surrounds the boy-meets-girl, boy-loses-girl, boy-meets-girl-while-he’s-pretending-to-be-somebody-else scenario that catches you from the very beginning
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
"IDENTITY: GUARDED
Maintaining his cover cost undercover cop Rick Gray the woman he loved. Sweet Ginny Bryson never really knew Rick. He never gave her the chance. Not then, and not now, when he's back with a new alias to gather evidence against Ginny's uncle. The man's crimes led to Rick's partner's death, and Rick wants justice to be served. But his investigation is stirring up trouble, and Ginny is smack-dab in the middle. Someone wants Ginny to pay the price for what her uncle has done.
Vicki Mccollum
Jun 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-read
Deep Cover is a great read. I love the male lead, Rick Gray. He's a
"real manly man with a sensitive heart." He has such integrity (even though he lives a lie) as he works so hard to take down the arsonist (working undercover, even from Ginny) and save the lives of those he loves, especially Ginny Bryson, who he has fallen in love with.

Sandra's fiction strong points: Characterization-her characters are multi-layered, good people who love the Lord, but struggling with hurts and secrets from thei
Annie
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I usually have 2 problems with christian romantic suspense.
1. The chemistry between the characters. Many of them just feel like they wonder are in love right away without any of the chemistry that happens in real life. In this book I could feel both the chemistry and the love between Rick and Ginny.
2. Some of them feel like it's more of a sermon or lecture then a fictional book to be enjoyed. This book was able to inject the belief in God and scriptures in
Sarah Grace Grzy
The romance drove me bananas throughout the beginning, but the story was just what I needed to get out of this terrible reading slump. I loved the ending, and the faith themes represented were very well done. Kudos!
Val
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story with genuine characters. Ms. Orchard have me a "real" story to read. I enjoyed it very much.
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rick Gray, aka Duke Black, is an undercover cop trying to bring down the man responsible for his partner’s fiery death. Little does he know that he will run into his old girlfriend in the process.

Ginny Bryson is the niece of Emile Laud, the man Duke is trying to catch and bring to justice, and Rick’s old girlfriend that he left fifteen months ago because he thought he needed to protect her. Little did he know the pain he caused when he walked out of her life so abruptly.

I
Wendy Sparkes
What are you doing here?

Ginny Bryson cannot believe her eyes. What on earth is her former boyfriend Rick Gray, now going by the name of Duke Black, doing here? He lied to her once – it seems like he’s still lying. Yet Rick only asks for a chance to start over. His tenderness to her and his gentleness to her mentally challenged sister softens her heart. But can she truly trust him?

As an undercover cop, Rick Gray couldn’t tell Ginny the truth about why a gang member had approached them and spoken to Rick with eas
Judy
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Deep Cover by Sandra Orchard ISBN-978-0-373-44459-5

Rick Gray had met the love of his life, until his profession came between them. Fifteen months ago he had lost Ginny Bryson. Ginny left him believing he was a gang member and he did not stop her, it was safer for her not to be around him. Now his job brought him back into contact with her again. As Duke Black he was now a foreman for her Uncle Emile Laud, the man they hoped to prove was a killer. Rick is an undercover cop, and Ginny
Janet Sketchley
Aug 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Ginny Bryson’s time—and salary—go to support her dying mother and her special-needs sister, Lori. When she takes on the public-relations role for her uncle’s new group home project that will house Lori, the last person she expects to meet is Rick Gray, the man who deceived her and broke her heart.

Rick isn’t even going by his own name now. He calls himself Duke Black and he’s the construction foreman at the group home building site.

What she doesn’t know is that Rick’s an u
Michelle
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Undercover Cops
Book 1

This is an excellent book!!! I always wonder what it would be like to meet a guy, fall in love, then realize you have no idea who he is. Well, after falling in love with Rick, Ginny learned that he was the member of a gang - well, at least she thought. Then when he shows up as the foreman on her uncle's most recent building project, she's determined to expose him. But Rick has a mission. He's undercover to bring down her uncle!

Many good characte
Patricia
Jan 07, 2015 rated it liked it
The first half of the book (read in the dead of night) was pretty good and this morning I finished the last half. Either the last half was not as good as the first half was or my enjoyment could not hold up/be sustained in the light of day. Either way, the second half was a bit disappointing.

I felt as I read that the second half had a lot of repetition.
Rick: "I love Ginny and wish she loved and trusted me and wouldn't out my identity. Once the case is over I will tell her who I am. I need to g
Rhonda
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked it the bad guys lost and the lost got help.
Rick or Duke was undercover working construction on a group home. When he had a accident and found someone had cut the beams. His bossLaud. pulled him up.
Rick thought Laud had some of his business burned up for insurance money and his old partner Tom was killed in the last fire with two others.
Laud got his niece to do publicity for him but Duke knew her when he was on another case as Rick working with gang members and he broke
Cathy Beckett
Story line was good but predictable. In my opinion Ginny was a judgmental fool who needed a major attitude adjustment. Rick was a an undercover cop who has gotten lost in all the lies he has to tell in order to do his job. The story got a little preachy at times and this made the story hard to get into.
Laurie
Nov 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Deep Cover is an inspirational/spiritual based book, something I would not normally read, but it was written better than I expected & only occasionally seemed a little bit too "preachy" for me. Sandra Orchard can write a good story with characters you can empathize with. It is the first book in the Undercover Cops series of suspense based inspirational romances published by Harlequin.
Eileen Astels
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For a true romance reader, Deep Cover strikes a wonderful balance of suspense and romance. Between rooting for love to win and striving for justice to prevail you'll not want to say goodbye to these relatable characters. A great realistic suspense and a wonderful romance that is not without it's trials, keeping the pages turning at full throttle.
Betti
Mar 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Very well written. The characters were well developed and the story line kept me guessing right up till the end! The romance between the two main characters left you wondering if they were ever going to learn to trust each other. A keeper!
Amy
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Deep Cover by Sandra Orchard is a good short read. It was packed with mystery and adventure. I didn't like how it jumped around from scene to scene. Had a hard time keeping at times. But I did enjoy reading it. Looking forward to more from this author.
Cathy
Nov 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Good character development and believable plot. Without giving the plot away, I will say, I am always a little suspect when people are supposed to be blind to the people closest to them and/or be willing to have their eyes opened by a stranger. But the book is done well.
Crystal
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Deep Cover

Very good religious suspense and romance. Rick and Ginny loved each other but he was unable to reveal to her that he was a cop undercover. The omission of truth regarding his profession led to the lack of trust in the relationship.
Judine Brey
Jul 13, 2016 rated it liked it
I loved Rick's back story, especially his reasons for becoming a cop. His relationship with Ginny and her sister Lori was both sweet and convincing. However, the end was a bit too "Gift of the Magi" for me.
Janice Dick
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
Excellent book. Very tight writing. All the essential elements of fiction are present and very well implemented. I look forward to more in the series.
Hildegart
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Good book, but it started losing my attention near the end. It was like she had to meet a length requirement or something- imo
John Hanscom
OK story, but far to "preachy" at the end.
Jessica Nelson
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Undercover Cops
Category: Inspirational Romance

• The Last Target
  • A Silent Pursuit (High Stakes, #3)
  • A Silent Terror (High Stakes, #1)
  • A Silent Fury (High Stakes, #2)
  • Explosive Secrets (Texas K-9 Unit #4)
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Distorted (Cape Thomas #3)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Agent Undercover (Rose Mountain Refuge, #1)
  • Secrets at Cedar Cabin (Lavender Tides, #3)
  • Key Witness (The Security Experts #1)
  • Undercover Bodyguard (Heroes for Hire, #6)
  • Edge of Peril (Fog Lake Mysteries #1)
  • Protective Custody
  • First Degree Murder (Lantern Beach P.D. #3)
  • Shield of Protection (True Blue K-9 Unit #0.5)
  • Wait Until Dark (Carolina Moon #3)
  • Twilight at Blueberry Barrens (Sunset Cove #3)
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a

Undercover Cops (3 books)
  • Shades of Truth (Undercover Cops #2)
  • Critical Condition (Undercover Cops, #3)