Start by marking “The Way That You Play It” as Want to Read:
The Way That You Play It

The Way That You Play It

After her boyfriend dumps her for a teenage pop starlet, Caroline Curran moves to a rental house so far outside of downtown Atlanta that even the care of her closest friends cannot reach her. Short, stacked, and soft hearted to a fault, Caroline allows her failed relationship to drag down her songwriting career. An influential friend in the music business sends a gift to i ...more
Nook, 188 pages
Published June 7th 2011 by Omnific Publishing (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Way That You Play It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Way That You Play It

MBR
The Way That You Play It by BJ Thornton set to release on the 7th of July is a novel that fans of romances who love a bit of music with their romance ought to read. It tells the story of the 29 year old Trenton Buckney who has lost all 3 jobs which he had been working to support his mother and baby sister. From Bibb City Georgia, Trent is down on his luck, a man at his wits end as to what to do to turn his life around whilst deep inside he fears that it might already be too late for him.

31 year
A.W.
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great story filled with love, faith, and trust in someone you love no matter what.The raw passion between the two main characters Trent and Caroline from the moment they met would not allow me to stop reading until i was turning the last page.
Amanda
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Review can also be found on my book blog -- Book Boudoir

It took me a while to really get into this book. Probably not until I was about 60% done did I really feel the chemistry between Trent and Caroline. I spent a lot of time worried that Trent was going to get hurt, either emotionally or physically. I loved his devotion to his mother and sister and my heart went out to him-- that his family had been through so much and it was all on his shoulders to take care of them.

I liked Caroline and her s
Anino
Loved, Loved, Loved this book... This is the 2nd book that I've read by Ms. Thornton, and I must say that I'm thoroughly impressed.
Well crafted storyline, great characters.... Once the story gets rolling, it really gets going....

My only complaint is that the book should have had a more definitive epilogue.. It's funny how one can get wrapped up in a world that's been crafted by a creative author...

Giving this one 4 Stars
K. McCoy
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vallsykes
I liked (the hero)Trent Buckney's sense of family, and his devotion to his "ladies", meaning his mom and his sister. He really had a deep sense of responsibility. The chemistry between Trent and C.C.(the heroine) was great at times and at others I was a little annoyed at C.C.
I thought the secondary character, Reyes, a kind of "Latin Lothario" and bad-ass, ridiculously overshadowed Trent as the leading man. As a reader, I was much more interested in his pursuit of C.C., which was awkwardly juxta
Jana Anthoine
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For me, the drawn-out character development made this story feel so much like real life. I kept waiting for a whole character to be revealed, wanting instant gratification, and then realized that this is like real life. Two people don't simply meet and know everything about one another. Watching these characters learn and grow and shine on their own brought the story to life in what felt like real time. A Southern romance, where small-town meets big-city, gives readers what they want: Southern c ...more
Amy
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it
I had a hard time getting into this story. Trent's was all bad luck and bad choices.....Caroline was a pushover and still hung up on a past realtionship with a complete ass. I liked them together and once everything was out but getting there was a battle.
Ivomoon
Jul 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Me gustó la histori y los personajes. Sin embargo hubo ocasiones en las que las cosas pasaban demasiado rápido y me dejaban mareada o tenía que regresar para asegurarme que había entendido bien.
Es un libro agradable y divertido en general.
Talltree
Shelves: p2p
See comments.
Larissa
Sep 08, 2012 rated it it was ok
The plot and characters are good but he writing and language are too difficult to follow and engage. I loved Trent's accent...it's the rest of the writing I struggled with.
Tracy
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Love the cover. Good book overall.
Hannah Lindsey Smith
Oct 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fame, rock-star
Didn't tie up in places but I could have forgiven that if it had an actual ending, deducted a star because i dislike loose ends
Zakiyah Alexander
« previous 1 3 next »

• Live In Position
  • Black and White
  • Gilded Cage
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Once Upon A Temptation
  • Welcome to Drama Academy
  • Cat O' Nine Tails
  • Little Battles (Old Wounds, #2)
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • Indivisible
  • Three Daves
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • The Darkness of Perfection
  • Pieces of Us
  • Grave Refrain
  • The Billionaire Bum
  • Bad Behavior (Conduct #2)
  • Edible Delectables