Start by marking “The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible” as Want to Read:

Double and triple your sales—in any market.

The purpose of this book is to give you a series of ideas, methods, strategies, and techniques that you can use immediately to make more sales, faster and easier than ever before.

It’s a promise of prosperity that sales guru Brian Tracy has seen fulfilled again and again. More sales people have become millionaires as a result of l
Published July 16th 2006 by HarperCollins Leadership (first published August 1988)

Vaishali
Dec 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Just when you thought he couldn't get better, he does.
Brian Tracy's words simply cannot be missed, no matter who you are or what you do.

Note: I have *NOT* included his selling tips here; there's just no way how.

============================================

"The most successful organizations in the world are all superb selling organizations.They recognize they have certain products, but they rise or fall depending on the quality of their sales efforts."

"There’s a direct relationship between your se
Obed M. Parlapiano
This book is both great and a farce at the same time.

Let me explain myself.

The book is filled with explanations on how to be a better salesperson, but these references and explanations are almost from a meta psychical standpoint.

The explanations come from experience, as the author says, but it's not hard to imagine that these explanations are only given to get readers and potential sales people excited and nothing more.

Many of the explanations and ideas sound true, but lack greatly in the se
Rick Yvanovich
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good sales book whether you are new to sales or a veteran, it's stuffed full of wisdom and nuggets of gold.
Dare
May 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
در کل برای یه دید کلی و شروع بد نیست ولی خیلی جاها توصیه های گاها اشتباهی رو به خواننده القا میکنه
مثلا بسیار تاکید بر عمده فروشی به جای خرده فروشی داره که در دنیا امروز اکثرا به این نتیجه رسیدن که پوشش بیشتر و داشتن مشتری بیشتر بهتر از چندتا مشتری گنده هستش. متاسفانه این قانون 20 - 80 زیادی ازش سواستقاده میشه تو این کتاب.
یا یه جا دیگه میگه که با کاهش سود، فروش بیشتری رو داشته باشین. این جمله خیلی داغونه تو بحثهای اقتصادی. چون بسته به کالا و منحنی تقاضای آن، کشش محصول در بازار و جایگزینهای احتمال
Jeff Hennore
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sales
Amazing book! Tracy helped me embrace the fact that I am a salesman, and to not be ashamed of it. He gives great pointers on how we can be in the top 1%, which I have implemented and found great success in doing so. I think that every salesman should read this book!
Juan Sanoja
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
7 enseñanzas esenciales para vender más:

-Escucha atentamente. Los prospectos no quieren oírte, quieren hablar.

-Emociona. Crea imágenes en la mente del cliente para que se visualice disfrutando los beneficios de tu producto/servicio.

-Recuerda que la gente no compra características, sino soluciones.

-Haz demostraciones.

-Quien pregunta tiene el control. El ser humano está programado para contestar siempre.

-Háblale al prospecto como si ya hubiese comprado.

-"No puedes volar con las águilas si s
KnowledgeSpecter
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was the first sales book I’ve read. I liked the combination of sales tips, self improvement and psychology. The way he at the end of each chapters concludes everything made it easier to remember and digest what the chapter was about. Overall a great book and tips to get started with immediately.
Jason Ong Wicky
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Mundane stuff. Top producers earn way more than the rest. 80/20. Winning edge. Need the foundation.

blah blah blah. saying some points but seldom teaching how. For Eg, you need enthusiasm, you need to be different from others but how? any tips?

A couple of outdated or wrong info: You don't close a insurance deal on the first session because you need to go back, gather info and come back again. outdated.

Brian Tracy's books are mostly informational but have little stories or examples.
Thuy
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-mba
Wow. Do you have an insurance or financial person in your life that you really like? How do you describe that person? Is it hard to define what makes them different, other than 'Not a sleaze like all the others out there.'? With this book, you will understand why. It will help you gain a new perspective on the selling profession and the appropriate ways to go about applying the skill of selling to your daily life. You will immediately see a difference in the way things are working for you, once ...more
Heba Mohammed
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: blinkist
Self development... Which means for me pure bullshit
Alexa Athelstan
Aug 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
Informative. But very basic & I don't work in sales. Totally not my kind of thing.
Keshav Bhatt
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a really useful & practical book on all the key things you need to know when it comes to sales, persuasion & consumer psychology. As ever, Brian Tracy's ideas are both easy to understand, practical and well thought through. And I think this is one of the biggest assets & strengths all of his work has. Everything I got from this book too was useful and immediately applicable to my own sales & marketing strategies making it massively helpful towards my own business' endeavo ...more
Cullen Haynes
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are all entrepreneurs...Why? Each and every one of us is a Personal Service Corporation. It's us who decides, who we are, what we do and how we achieve. And what's more, despite your title, we're all in Sales. As legend Z.Ziglar said, 'if you're in the business of dealing with people, then you my friend are in Sales.' However, despite being one of the most exciting professions in the world, the problem many of us face, is simple...we wing it.

A Doctor went to Medical School, an Advertiser lea
Joe Michalak
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Sales is a skill I am hoping to learn more about and develop in 2019. While the FP&A world doesn't have "true" sales, there is often the selling of ideas, as well as applying the principles to my non-profit work as well. If you're not my boss, a move to the front office could be possible later in life, too.

This book provides some pretty good advice. It is written to advise somebody who is doing concrete sales for sure, but by reading between the lines it is easy to extrapolate the idea to s
Mike Hohrath
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic book by Brian Tracey. He takes us inside the mind of a Sale person and the client during a transaction and unlocks the secrets to successful sales methodology. Since sales is a very emotional process, the salesperson needs to have their attitude, strategy, and perspective at peak levels to achieve high performance.

Mr. Tracey gives the reader a ton of very good strategies that most people who read self-improvement are familiar with, setting goals, positive affirmations, studyi
Honeya Ordoubadi
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Wow... I could have sworn this was written by Don Draper himself! To be fair, there are some very time-tested techniques in this book, but on balance, it's so outdated (as if it where written for traveling salesman in the 60's) and you can get more current tips from any number of books or Ted talks or Youtube videos... (example: chapter 5 on how long your hair should be). It also doesn't provide any guidance for the modern world in which the salesperson is no longer the 'expert' with the advent ...more
Cesar Millán
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
To me one of the best books that you will ever find about selling, but not just for selling goods or services, but yourself in any field that you develop. Like it or not we are always selling and being sold, so what are we waiting to start learning about this process and take the whole rides of our lifes. Brian Tracy in a gently manners teach us that the best sellers arent born, actually they are made, they prepare themselves and they have a lot of balls and hustle, that we can develop too. Let' ...more
Allen Howard
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brian Tracy is very motivational and based on good ethical principles. I found the "Psychology of Success" better than this one. This book seems to be an application of the same principles but with a focus on selling. I recommend Psychology of Success over this one focused more on Selling. Still this was a good read/listen.
I'm a professional Salesperson with around 15 years in Business to Business sales in the technology sector. The principles are good solid fundamentals and it was a good refres
Pratik Samant
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This book teaches a lot about selling. But there aren't enough real life experiences to visualise or to completely understand the facts and lessons given in this book.
As a beginner in sales industry, I haven't got enough experience to visualise myself dealing with top level professionals so it becomes really difficult to create a picture in my mind.
Overall a very nice read and surely going to help me grow in sales industry!
Tarik Ghiradella
Oct 19, 2018 rated it liked it
There is some helpful informatio9n in here but nothing I have not heard before in the thousands of repetition in sales books that corporations use for their sales staff. What dissaponted me the most is that this book focused on tactics the most and enthusiasm and sincerity the least. Even the cover is as cold and calculated as a corrupt governer running for office (the gesture with his right hand - closing the hand but not making a full while pointing but not pointing to directly).
Dexter Wilson
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book for anyone looking to increase their everyday lives through proven sales principles. While it may be best suited to those in sales positions or sales training, the easily transferable real life examples and lessons this book provides allows you to not only redefine your sales process regardless of your industry but re-think the way you approach success, life and of course, selling. Will recommend. 5/5.
George Davidson
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sales-basic, sales
Brian Tracy always delivers good value.

Lots of good insights in this one packed into a really short read. The main point of this is that sales is a head game and "attitude determines altitude." LOL. Good energy, recommend audio as Brian Tracy narrates it himself and there is good energy.

Noteable Quote
"I like myself! I like myself!"

Patricia Imperiale
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
When I first began this book I thought it was merely "The Secret" but with the word selling added to this. I am glad I saw this through and finished it. I am not in sales and the information on goal setting alone was worth the read. It also served as a reminder to me about the power of excellence in one's field. I would definitely recommend this book, to those in sales and those who are not.
Kym Hamer
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read, and even more so if you treat it like a study guide rather than just a self-improvement book. I've highlighted and tagged lots of gems throughout and will be re-reading various chapters to focus on developing particular skills. So it's back on the handy bookshelf-by-the-couch for this one. Highly recommended.
Pramod
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This books gives a lot of ideas and strategies to sell products / services wisely. No one wants to be sold. But, everyone wants to buy. The book gives psychological ways of selling to people by genuinely caring for customers, being their friends, and trying to help them instead of deceptively using tactics to sell products or services to them. Nice book.
Karan Pratihast
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been waiting this kind of book so far , especially core perspective of sale through fullfiling need and demand in pleasant way I liked the most !!! I recommend all rest out there who are seeking to read this.
Szymon Gorlak
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Among a lot of books associated with selling and psychology, as befits Brian, he shows the genius in the most simple way. The samples are readable, useful and practical. Just the language is available for everyone, independently from education and future expectations. Absolutely I can recommend it.
Todd Benschneider
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Typical hype sales tactics book. But highly regarded within the sales industry. If you are in sales it is worth a read, it definitely helps you understand the persepctive of other sales managers who adhere to the Brian Tracy school of thought.
Tomas Kostovcik
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I believe that lot of things in the book are false and myth. Still I find few inspirations. Like any other book about selling, you have to choose what you can use in your business
Erick Peláez
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excelente libro con muchos tips prácticos para utilizarlos en distintos campos.
  • The 1% Windfall: How Successful Companies Use Price to Profit and Grow
  • Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential
  • Hire with Your Head: Using Performance-Based Hiring to Build Great Teams
  • Go It Alone!: The Secret to Building a Successful Business on Your Own
  • Learning from the Future: Competitive Foresight Scenarios
  • Bankable Business Plans
  • Thinking Statistically
  • Value-Based Fees: How to Charge - and Get - What You're Worth (The Ultimate Consultant Series)
  • Financial Intelligence for Entrepreneurs: What You Really Need to Know About the Numbers
  • Re-Create Your Life
  • Accidental Genius: Using Writing to Generate Your Best Ideas, Insight, and Content
  • Making Sense of Behavior: The Meaning of Control
  • Turning Numbers into Knowledge: Mastering the Art of Problem Solving
  • The New Business Road Test: What Entrepreneurs and Executives Should Do Before Writing a Business Plan
  • Bit Literacy: Productivity in the Age of Information and E-mail Overload
  • How to Master the Art of Selling
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.

He has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 250,000 pe
“Stop for a few seconds and create a clear mental picture of yourself as completely relaxed, calm, positive, smiling, and in complete control of the interview. Then inhale deeply, filling up your lungs and putting pressure on your diaphragm. Hold this breath for a count of seven and exhale for a count of seven. While you are breathing deeply, continue to hold a picture of yourself as the very best salesperson you could possibly be.” 2 likes
“Help yourself warm up and prepare mentally by repeating, “I feel happy! I feel healthy! I feel terrific!” It is not possible for you to talk positively to yourself, using words like this, without immediately feeling happier and more confident.” 1 likes