Start by marking “Best Tent Camping: Michigan: Your Car-Camping Guide to Scenic Beauty, the Sounds of Nature, and an Escape from Civilization” as Want to Read:

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Written to steer campers away from concrete slabs and convoys of RVs, "Best Tent Camping: Michigan" points tent campers to the most scenic and serene campsites in the state. This guide has a campground to suit nearly every camper's taste. You ll find essential information about each campground (including season, facilities, rates, directions, GPS coordinates, and Web sites ...more
Published June 14th 2011 by Menasha Ridge Press (first published May 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Best Tent Camping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Tent Camping

Christine
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An absolute "must have" for anyone wanting to tent camp in Michigan!! Rates sites along a variety of dimensions (e.g., Privacy, Beauty, Spaciousness) and for some campgrounds names (by number) the best site available. Also provides a map of each campground so you can get a sense of how crowded each is.
Janelle
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very helpful guide. In the past I've tended to camp at State Parks or drive until we feel like stopping and settle for the first available site. This gave me some direction for our UP trip and I've added some other sites to my "future trips" list.
Kristina
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Packed full of little gems (many of which I've visited myself in the past). Great rating system to help you find exactly what you are looking for; family friendly, quite, secure, secluded, etc. Borrowed from the library, but asking for my own copy for Christmas.
Laura A
J
Jul 16, 2015
skw
Dec 05, 2015
A native of Michigan, Matt Forster has lived in the Midwest, New England, and the Rocky Mountain regions of the country. With a number of books under his belt, including guides to Colorado, Michigan, and Ohio, Matt is currently working on a book that explores the Great Lakes. He dreams of someday writing a book on the national parks of Israel, a biography of John Woolman, and thrilling fiction for ...more