Start by marking “The Concrete Rocket” as Want to Read:
The Concrete Rocket

The Concrete Rocket

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
After being knocked unconscious, Gus Foxxe wakes up to find himself alone on the top floor of a partially completed office building. At least, he thought he was alone until he heard voices of men planting explosives designed to bring down the building unless the owner pays a healthy ransom.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 13th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Concrete Rocket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Concrete Rocket

Al
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2011
This book is a diamond in the rough. The plot, which might sound implausible, is better than you might think from the description. Most thrillers are unrealistic in some ways - "The Concrete Rocket" isn't anymore than most. If terrorists can hijack a plane and fly it into the World Trade Center, this doesn't seem so farfetched.

Where "The Concrete Rocket" goes astray is not in the overall storyline or plot, which is good. The characterization is also fine. However, there is too much unneeded desc
Rebecca Graf
Apr 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Mystery books always get my attention. That is why I quickly began reading Philip E. Hickey’s The Concrete Rocket.

This is a story of a lawyer who finds himself trapped in a construction site of a skyscraper that is rigged to blow up. He uses his brains to prevent the destruction of the building and those surrounding it only to find out there is more to the plot than meets the eye.

The storyline is good. I can’t say too much more about it without spoiling the ending. The plot was not two-dimension
Al "Tank"
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery fans
Negatives: Too much detail.

Positives: Good character development. A decent plot. A likable hero (in spite of being a lawyer).

I found myself becoming Guss Foxxe (the main character) and experienced his trials and triumphs.

Note: I work for the publisher, but I can say anything I want without getting fired (except sass the boss). So, take it for what it's worth.
Mary Fricke