Start by marking “Guerrilla Marketing: Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business” as Want to Read:

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  4,183 Ratings  ·  104 Reviews
When Guerrilla Marketing was first published in 1983, Jay Levinson revolutionized marketing strategies for the small-business owner with his take-no-prisoners approach to finding clients. Based on hundreds of solid ideas that really work, Levinson’s philosophy has given birth to a new way of learning about market share and how to gain it. In this completely updated and exp
Paperback, Fourth Edition, 384 pages
Published May 22nd 2007 by Mariner Books (first published March 1st 1984)

Omar Halabieh
Nov 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Below are key excerpts from the book that I found particularly insightful:

1- "Marketing is every hit of contact your company has with anyone in the outside world. Every bit of contact. That means a lot of marketing opportunities. It does not mean investing a lot of money."

2- "Marketing is the art of getting people to change their minds or to maintain their mindsets if they re already inclined to do business with you. People must either switch brands or purchase a type of product or service that
Chad Warner
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: business owners, marketers
Recommended to Chad by: Torey Heinz
In this book that launched the “guerrilla marketing” movement, Levinson describes inexpensive marketing methods for small businesses to enhance their word-of-mouth reputation. It covers 200 “weapons” of guerrilla marketing, including various forms of media, but also attitudes and behaviors. It’s more practical than purely inspirational. My favorite point was to use “fusion marketing”, combining marketing efforts with business partners who have the same prospects.

The sections on media include pri
Amy
Jun 19, 2012 marked it as not-going-to-finish
Might be a good book. Good ideas and quotes but the author is bombastic and obnoxious. It turned me off from the positive things he had to say. Might finish someday. Probably not.
Robert
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: My dry cleaners...
The good: lots of inspiration for lots of different ways to market a product or service. Up to the minute advice on blogs, podcasts, search engine optimization, etc. It is worth reading, at least skimming and bookmarking the areas that you want to include in your marketing.

The bad: repetitive, too long, too many bombastic claims of untold wealth if you just follow this simple tautology.

The ugly: apparently you need to buy the other 5,387 books in the series... makes the point on cross-selling ex
Maliades
Oct 15, 2007 rated it liked it
I only made it through the first 7 chapters or so before I had to return it to the library, and since I'm not yet starting up a business, I decided not to finish it right now. However, the first 7 chapters seemed to really make sense, and it was a fairly engaging read, not dry. I think this book is an excellent choice for people starting their own business and anyone who owns a small business and is looking for some good marketing advice. I definitely plan on picking it up again, someday, when I ...more
JD
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great for beginners
☺Pablitomix  a.☺.l :)
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is most interesting in the world
Nola Redd
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: small business owners, anyone involved in marketing
If small business owners could read no other book, I would love to have them study Jay Conrad Levinson’s Guerrilla Marketing: Secrets for Making Big Profits From your Small Business. Originally published in the early 1980s, Guerrilla Marketing is a must-read for entrepreneurs searching for inexpensive yet effective marketing strategies. Revised again (and again, depending on which volume you select), the book offers not only simple suggestions for making the most of the smallest things but also ...more
Joshua
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ehhhh. Serious waste of time unless you're totally new to marketing or just need a lot of simple ideas you could get from an equally informative and much shorter blog post or YouTube video.

This book has some good strategies, but is basically just a verbose collection of ideas without much on execution. You could skim the chapter titles and figure it out just as well as reading any of this book... Some what, 0% how. For example, in the chapter about seminars, there is a discussion of what a semin
Vassilena Valchanova
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
Когато говорим за герила, говорим за Левинсън – и мисля, че той, като баща на партизанската идея, може най-добре да обясни какво представлява тя. Книгата е полезна както за студенти, които тепърва навлизат в света на маркетинга, така и за специалисти с опит, които вероятно ще открият, че въобще не са били наясно какво всъщност е герила.

Доста от нещата, които Левинсън казва, вече сме ги чували – но от разстоянието на времето, когато guerilla се ражда идеите със сигурност са изглеждали новаторски.
Kathryn Cervantes
Jul 15, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is well written and has solid insights. It was very introductory for the most part but did include a variety of helpful tools. The part I enjoyed the most were the real life examples, what I enjoyed the least was nearing the end it felt repetitive and I found my mind wandering a bit. I picked up this book based on various recommendations however think I possibly should not have grabbed the 'Making Big Profits from Your Small Business' edition. I did just leave a large corporation so th ...more
Marc Brodeur
Sep 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to be honest, I learned almost everything really important in the first 50 pages:

Marketing is a commitment, a war, a long slog. If you can't commit to a campaign for at least 12 months don't even bother. You need to get at least 10 impressions before someone will *think* about buying from you.

That was the key to me.

Beyond that, there is an exhaustive list of various different kinds of media and mediums that one can use, and it is certainly helpful, but not revolutionary. The first 50 page
Dan McConkie
Jun 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great book for helping to get the juices flowing with small business advertising. There are several tips that I have incorporated that have helped but many more that have "come to me" while I was reading and thinking about marketing and what else to do.

It is about marketing harder and smarter -- not just spending more than the next guy. I've found that if you don't make marketing a conscious part of your business, you are doomed to a mediocre growth at best.
TarasProkopyuk
В целом весьма неплохая книга о партизанском маркетинге и его важности в современном бизнесе, особенно в малом и среднем.

В этой работе автор перечислил большинство его принципов, но всё таки хотелось бы побольше конкретики, примеров кейсов и особенно описания самих инструментов партизанского маркетинга. В книге не хватило также и системности и более тщательного проработанного материала.
Matthieu Huang
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is packed with eye opening tactics of how an entrepreneur can take on the goliaths of business. I learned more about how to market a small business than I do in the classes I take now. Much help to the aspiring entrepreneur trying to build a foundation for his/her marketing knowledge.
Volodymyr Tomyuk
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Чесно кажучи мав значно вищі очікування - дуже слабенька книжка.

Для мене все, що я прочитав зводиться того, зо партизанський маркетинг це на 70% НЛП і на 30% декілька інших, мало пов'язаних, між собою ідей.
Mark Upshaw
Mar 16, 2017 rated it liked it
This was good to get the small business entrepreneur to think outside the box. Don't know how relevant it would be today with the internet.
Calin Biris
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
A must read for every marketing beginner out there, or any start-up entrepreneur :)
Andrew Bushard
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has some good and some bad.

It excels through its comprehensiveness. The end chart "200 Weapons of Guerrilla Marketing" may alone justify the price.

The book does suggest some new sites and organizations, but most of them lead nowhere as when I searched for them, I mostly got either dead links or links back to the digital edition of this very book.

Jay's dogmatic tone rubbed me the wrong way: I can picture Jay wagging his finger at us readers as we turn each page.

Ever wanted a book to
Catalina  in cuvinte
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
If you're looking, like I was, for a TO DO manual, this isn't it. It gives some ideas, but for the most part the author sells himself and his other books, and expects you to magically know how to, for example "get an article published for free". I don't know if it needs another revision, or it's just too much talk and not enough substance, but I felt let down by this book and my notepad felt, in the end, mostly empty. I struggled towards the end and as I did, the author did too, things got repet ...more
Yuliyan Velichkov
Good book for small and medium business owners, or to people who are new in the marketing field. In Guerrilla Marketing you will read a lot of different ways to market a product or service. You will find tips and tricks about blogs, podcasts, cold colling, SEO, product sampling, customer service, etc. What I didn't like is that it was quite repetitive and given the fact it was written in 2007 many things have changed. Still, it is a good book.
Claudia Yahany
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hace mucho que no repasaba un libro tan práctico. Ya se le notan los años, especialmente en los temas de marketing digital, pero las herramientas siguen siendo las mismas.
No es tan inspirational, pero si ya estás listo para empezar—aquí te dice cómo.
Satyabrata Mishra
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Kind of okayish if you are looking to understand the new age marketing tools and channels; I picked this up for marketing ( the art part, not the science part); does well in parts but more of a manual than a book;
Rob O'Lynn
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Remains the basic handbook for small-business, non-profit marketing!
Michael Hartzell
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More applicable and helpful now than when it was writen!
HAN Joo
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent !👍
NEVER a dull moment
George Davidson
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
For anyone who needs to market, who has no time or budget. A little dated, but some good principles.
Barry Davis
Feb 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Subtitled Easy and Inexpensive Strategies for Making Big Profits from Your Small Business, this incredibly detailed book covers a wide range of strategies after making a compelling case for Guerilla Marketing. Conrad provides practical advice and examples for Minimedia marketing (canvassing, phone calls, business cards, etc.), Maximedia marketing (newspapers, magazines, TV and radio, etc.), E-media marketing (websites, webinars, blogs, etc.), Info-media marketing (free consultations, seminars, e ...more
Jamie
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book may have been a revelation at one point, but right now in 2016, even the fourth edition is too outdated to be of help. A few things mentioned in this book: fax machines, car phones, ask.com as a recommended search engine, and, I'm paraphrasing here, "don't believe the hype about the power of the Internet. Fewer than 10% of books are sold online. Bookstores are where is at."

There are also recommendations toward cold calling, putting people you just met at a networking event on your emai
Lone Wong
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, strategy
If you are starting your own business soon and have no idea what is marketing and how to spend the budget prudently then this book is the very right suit for you. Jay Levinson will start the few chapters by describing the Guerrilla Marketer mindset and movement by committing yourself to your business plan. And how the advertising will affect the consumer mindset and behavior. We need to be patient and consistent with our plan.

The rest of the books are basically describing every individual medium
  • No More Mondays: Fire Yourself -- and Other Revolutionary Ways to Discover Your True Calling at Work
  • Duct Tape Marketing: The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide
  • Flipping the Switch...: Unleash the Power of Personal Accountability Using the Qbq!
  • The Power of Who: You Already Know Everyone You Need to Know
  • The Age of Unreason
  • The Human Side of Enterprise
  • The Legend of the Monk and the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living
  • Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money
  • Toyota Production System: Beyond large-scale production
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • The One Minute Entrepreneur: The Secret to Creating and Sustaining a Successful Business
  • Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution
  • Questions of Character: Illuminating the Heart of Leadership Through Literature
  • A New Brand World: Eight Principles for Achieving Brand Leadership in the Twenty-First Century
  • The Republic of Tea: The Story of the Creation of a Business, as Told Through the Personal Letters of Its Founders
  • Business By The Book: Complete Guide of Biblical Principles for the Workplace
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, & Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • Rhinoceros Success: The Secret to Charging Full Speed Toward Every Opportunity

Nonfiction Deals

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Return: Fathers, Sons and the Land in Between
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Smoke and Pickles: Recipes and Stories from a New Southern Kitchen
    $18.95 $2.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes from My Home to Yours
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $8.24 $2.99
  • A Natural History of the Senses (Vintage)
  • Unsinkable: A Memoir
    $7.95 $2.49
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
    $7.99 $1.99
“you don't need many. You need only one good one.” 1 likes
“If you can't convert those people to paying customers, you'll have failed at one of Internet marketing's necessities—converting visitors to customers.” 1 likes