Start by marking “Keeping Grace Alive” as Want to Read:
Keeping Grace Alive

Keeping Grace Alive

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
For the past five years, accomplished hit man Jessie Conners has been secretly in love with Gracie Talbot, stepdaughter of his boss, Rudy Talbot. Rudy is head of America's largest crime ring and due to Gracie's perceived meddling in Rudy's business and political affairs, Rudy wants her dead. As usual, Rudy turns to his number one hit man, Jessie, to make the kill. Jessie a ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published June 4th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Grace Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Grace Alive

Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Aparajitabasu
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I love a good thriller but it is a good senile thriller that I prefer much better than the all around actions. So here I present my views of Keeping Grace Alive by Annie Lee .

Here is the summary of the book:

Rudy Talbot, head of one of America's largest organized crime rings, hires his main hit man, Jessie Conners, to kill his step-daughter Grace. Jessie Conners is a seasoned hitman who has never missed a hit before. That is, until he met "Gracie" five years ago and fell in love with her. Gracie
Lana
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was provided a PDF copy of the book through Facebook's Review Seekers for the purposes of providing a review.

Keeping Grace Alive has good bones; hitman falls for his target and saves her rather than kills her. Well, to be more accurate, hitman was in love with the target for five years before he was assigned to kill her.

The writing was inconsistently immature, as if parts of it were written at different times, and the author learned something along the way. Awkward sentence structure and oddly
Courtney (Fuzzy.Coffee.Books)
Two words come to mind when I think about Keeping Grace Alive. Fun, and HOT! Seriously, I'm fanning myself off after reading this book. I love some suspense, foxy guys, and a hot romance, and this book had it all!

What I liked: 1) Big bad Jessie the hitman, harboring this 5 year crush. He's so cute, turning into a softy over Gracie. 2) The bad guys. These are some seriously bad guys. Okay, technically, you aren't supposed to like the bad guys, but I liked hating them. 3) The setting - a giant sno
ILoveBooks
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific romance novel. The main characters, Grace and Jessie, are perfect for each other and complement each other as well. Grace is delicate, pretty, and feisty while Jessie is strong, protective, handsome, dangerous, and built (female readers will enjoy this little fact). The novel begins with immediate action-Jessie is ordered to kill Grace-and there is no lag throughout the book. The reader will not be bored. Rudy is an unforgiving character; he is brassy, heartless, and almost so ...more
Tima
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fiction
Grace is the step-daughter of a politician. She's sweet and he's evil. She's honest and he's not remotely honest. She loves life and he's killed more than he's saved. He wants her married to a man of his choosing or dead. Since she refuses to marry he places a hit on her.
But he chooses the wrong hit man. This hit man decides to keep her alive.
The next few months are a game of cat and mouse between the hit man, Grace and her step-father.

This book is mostly romantic with a bit of intrigue thrown i
Tracy Smith
Aug 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
From the political arena in Orlando, Florida, to the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, "Keeping Grace Alive, " is all that Jessie Conners needs and wants to do.

Gracie is the step-daughter of the up and coming Senator, Rudy Talbot, and he wants her dead. Jessie is his head hit-man and he has loved Gracie since the first time he saw her. After making several botched attempts on her life, it's come down to the last try according to Rudy. Will Jessie be able to go through with it and take her out?
Tima
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
But he chooses the wrong hit man. This hit man decides to keep her alive.

This book is mostly romantic with a bit of intrigue thrown i
Ashley
Jul 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing

This was such a cute story. I instantly fell in love with the characters. There was never a dull moment reading this book. I love that Jessie is this big bad hit man, and he falls deeply in love with this fragile woman and completely submits himself to her. He's not ashamed to tell her that he has loved her from the moment he saw her, and gives her a chance to see if she feels the same. It makes you believe in love at first sight.

I love the 'brothers'. I was laughing out loud at Bubba. (Imagine
Cathy Speight
Aug 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Credibility is stretched just a tad – an abducted girl, Gracie, falls in love with her conveniently good-looking kidnapper, a streetwise hitman, Jessie who has been in love with her since the day he first saw her, but who has also been assigned to kill her, which of course he doesn't. It's very hard not to like Jessie and his band of 'brothers'; despite their dark and dangerous job in life, they have endearing and, yes, lovable qualities (again, really?). But, jus ...more
Heather Williams
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing story!! I had a hard time putting the book down and couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. I even wished I could go to the Poconos cabin. I gasped at certain actions and was rooting that Jessie would get his way. As I read I could see that Grace was seeing what was really happening and open to the advances being made. This was a great read and a wonderful and engaging romance novel. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
kimyunalesca
Oct 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

When I looked at the snow covered book title display it didn't say much about the book itself but Wow! this is the first novel in the series definitely a great way to start.I like the characters,all the twist and turn,their dilemmas,awesome plot and the love story amazing!heart pounding that kept me wondering from start to finish.Absolutely brilliant!
rock2uf
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great read! The best part is the characters. The author develops them well and they are likeable and authentic. For a first novel, I am surprised how well the author understands how to write interesting and believable dialog between the characters. Highly recommend!
Sophie Gonzales
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Check out my review here:
ReviewerLarissa
**Review coming soon for Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell**
Jeny
Nov 18, 2011 rated it liked it
It was a nice romance despite the unrealistic nature of it. It had a nice ending.
Kay Fantin
Lindsey
rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2011
Carly
rated it did not like it
Oct 04, 2017