Start by marking “Torak en Wolf: De geestenjager (Avonturen uit een magisch verleden, #6)” as Want to Read:
Torak en Wolf: De geestenjager (Avonturen uit een magisch verleden, #6)

Torak en Wolf: De geestenjager (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #6)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  6,101 Ratings  ·  209 Reviews
Het einde nadert

Terwijl de winter nadert en de Zielennacht steeds dichterbij komt, houdt de Oehoemagiër de stammen in een ijzige greep. Om zijn taak te volbrengen moet Torak naar zijn hol in Geestenberg gaan. Hij moet demonen en tokoroths verslaan en zijn weg vinden op zijn moeilijke tocht. Wolf krijgt een verschrikkelijk verdriet te verwerken. Renn moet een belangrijke be
Published September 15th 2009 by The House of Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Torak en Wolf, please sign up.

Cheryl Landmark
Nov 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book in this series and I'm sad to see it end. I've thoroughly enjoyed the adventures of Torak, Wolf and Renn, flying through these books in record time because I was so reluctant to put them down until they were finished. This one probably affected me the most, actually bringing me to tears in places. I won't say where for fear of spoiling the plot. This story, and the whole series in fact, really emphasizes the incredible, indestructible power of friendship, loyalty and love. I would ...more
asdewi
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, favorites, i-own
Melalui serial ini, Paver membawa kita ke 6000 tahun lalu di masa jaman batu. Kala itu dunia masih berupa satu daratan besar, manusia hidup dalam klan, membuat peralatan dari batu dan tulang serta percaya pada kekuatan dewa dan roh-roh pelindung alam. Satu diantara klan-klan itu adalah klan Serigala. Klan yang terkenal dengan kemisteriusannya namun kini telah punah. Ya...1 klan itu telah lenyap kecuali Torak dan ayahnya.

Buku pertama (Wolf Brother) dibuka dengan pertarungan Torak dan ayahnya (Fa)
Martha
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya
Tamaaaaatt...
Ada rasa menyesal karena gak bisa lagi nonton Torak dkk. Nonton atau baca? Nah, saking hidupnya penggambaran karakter para pelaku serial ini, saking kaya dan rincinya deskripsi setting seluruh seri ini, saya berasa nonton film. Paver dengan lihaynya membawa bau-bauan, suara, visual, rasa, sentuhan, ah kelima indera dieksplor pokoknya. Udah gitu DETIL-nya! Gila keren abis.

"Serigala segera membuat keputusan. Dengan pangkal paha menegang, ia pun melompat. Tapak kaki depannya terentang
Aqeel
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Aqeel by: Ashraf
Shelves: read-books
The last sequel to the "Chronicles Of Ancient Darkness" series, indeed one of my favorites.
It was an outstanding journey. Starting with "Wolf Brother" to "Ghost Hunter". I'll never stop appreciating "Michelle Paver" for creating such an amazing world. It feels really bad that it ended.
Everything was perfectly created, written, and described. You feel like you're in a different world when reading this series.
In this book you even get more into Wolf's life full of emotional moments. I really lik
Camille
Jul 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading the last page of this book left me with such emotion, especially since the first time I picked up the first book was...quite sometime ago.

The final book did not let me down as much as other final books have. It had emotion, quite a bit of certainly chilling parts, and just enough portrayals of the strength of relationships between all the characters, especially Torak, Renn, and Wolf.

New characters and old characters meet and intertwine as the story comes to an enthralling close. The endi
Phoebe
Jun 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sadly, the final volume in this truly great series. Unnatural winter and sickness, sent by Eostra, the scary Eagle Owl Mage, are killing the tribes, and Torak realizes he must venture out and fight Eostra, who seeks Torak, the last Soul Eater, to gain ultimate power. Compelling, creepy, and just plain good storytelling. Recommended for adventure fans, unique for its post-Ice Age, pre-farming time setting. Paver did meticulous research and traveled extensively to write her books.
Evan
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 6th-grade
Lala
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Wolf longed to be with them - but they were Not-Breath. He didn't understand how this could be. Darkfur and the cubs were…not. Wolf shut his eyes. He wanted to be not too."

I am so sad this series has ended, but a what a wonderful ending Paver gives us. This was an awesome series…I would and will read this again without question. It's a magical, mysterious and exciting world Paver has created and the adventures and characters are lush and colourful and awe inspiring. I truly enjoyed these books…
Therese
Jan 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book was I think my favorite of this series, which I read straight through. It is a series that I will re-read, maybe more than twice, and was very popular with the readers in the school library. Wolf sees protecting Torack as what he is for, and you can feel that is a life truth that Paver has articulated, that dogs and wolves have that kind of selfless loyalty to protect their pack, that is what they are here to do.
Aurora Dimitre
|3.5 Stars|

Ladies and gentlemen, I am finally done with the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. This is a series I started as a child, read books one and two and maybe three, started reading Stephen King and thus abandoned everything in the children's library except for Erin Hunter. A few years ago, I bought the entire series off of BookOutlet and man, I am finally done.

Let's get this straight--I loved the first two books. I loved them as a kid, and I did really enjoy them as an adult. But man,
CharlotteThe1337
Alyssa
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids 9 to 12
"The entire series is 5 stars. A little bit like the last book of Harry Potter at the very end" said Tyler, my 8 year-old son.

Update 3/28/13:
Wow and wow. I loved this book! I tore through it not being able to handle the anticipation of how this journey ended. At the beginning, there are some of those things that do get repetitive - c'mom Torak, would you stop going off by yourself!! It is getting to be like a bad horror movie! Oddly, I felt like the horror element in this book wasn't as great as
Mrs Mallott
Wow. I literally read this book in one day. I couldn't put it down because the story is so gripping but at the same time I didn't want the story to end as this is the last book in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series and for me that was really sad - some parts of this story genuinely made me tear up especially because over the course of the series you really get to know and care about the characters involved. It doesn't often happen, but when I'd finished the book I really did not know what ...more
Sheila
May 30, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
How I would have loved to have had these books read to me when I was a child, or to follow the 6 books of the series through on my own with as much excitement as I saw in youngsters waiting for the next Harry Potter to come out. Ok SPOILER .......there is a Hollywood ending but it is what you want, Paver tells an exceedingly good tale, and I can only reiterate what I said on others McKellan's reading is just brilliant. It is a standard tale of good v evil but I loved her characters, I loved the ...more
Helen
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had to rush the end of this series somewhat as I have a hefty booklist to get through for work. Consequently I read the bulk of this story in one sitting on my day off. I wish I always had a chance to do this. Instead of snatching a couple of pages at bedtime, I was able to let the story carry me through, giving me a better appreciation of the pacing and the flow of events.
Ghost Hunter brought the series to a satisfying conclusion in the exciting manner to which we have come to expect from Mic
Indah Threez Lestari
Karena berdasarkan informasi Penerbit Matahati baru akan menerbitkan buku ini bulan Januari 2011, supaya nggak ngegantung kubaca saja ebook edisi pamungkas ini. Awalnya tentu saja agak kagok membaca Tinggi Takberekor menjadi Tall Tailess, sama seperti waktu baca Harry Potter versi Bloomsbury, karena kadung terbiasa dengan istilah-istilah versi terjemahan.

Mudah-mudahan di terjemahan buku 6 tidak ada lagi salah ketik/cetak yang kecil tapi cukup mengganggu seperti Dukun menjadi Sukun...

*penggemar
Maythavee
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I can’t believe that this is goodbye. I’m just sad when I finish a book series that I really love. It is just so hard… Ghost Hunter was a fantastic ending to a brilliant series. I will miss everyone so much. The ending was perfect and it was everything I ever wanted. I’m not going to say anything much about the plot since it might ruin the book for you. Thank you Michelle Paver for writing such a wonderful series and for giving me a glimpse of what the Stone Age was like for people and giving it ...more
Dayna Smith
The magnificent finale to The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series. As Soul's Night approaches the evil Eagle Owl Mage is attempting to use the spirits of the Unquiet Dead to take over the Forest. She only needs one thing to complete her spell, Torak's spirit. Torak, Wolf, and Renn head for the Mountain of Ghosts to defeat Eostra once and for all. A magnificent series and an ending that makes you beg for more.
ijul (yuliyono)
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasi, anak-anak
----aku persembahkan 5 bintang untuk Michelle Paver yang sudah menyajikan kisah zaman kuno yang begitu menawan dan menjeratku untuk setia menikmati serial ini....ending yang menyejukkan ketika Torak dan Renn dan Serigala dan Bulugelap (dan anak mereka) tidak akan pernah terpisahkan....WOW!
Raina Lie
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: collection
SERU! cukup satu kata itu aja :D
Daria Pereshina
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love love love love LOVE this series (as some you may already know). All of the books were amazing, and this one was no exception. It definitely held my attention the whole time and I couldn't put it down. I would recommend this series to boys OR girls who like action and adventure and a bit of fantasy. The story is set 6,000 years ago, so it's really unique and unlike anything I've ever read before. There are all kinds of unexpected twists and turns, and it kept me guessing to the end. There ...more
Bella
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reviewing the experience of the series, Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. This series has thoroughly engaged me, and its burn was not fast and intense but slow and steady. The chapter illustrations were astoundingly simple yet beautiful. The pictorial representation has been a significant part of the delight I took from these six books. This series will be one of those books that I may purchase and keep for life.

If I only look at this book, it wasn't one that I found most enjoyable and compel
Julie Anne
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the last book of the series. I have to admit I did not like the ending but this book was very good. In this book Torak hunts the last soul eater. The Eagle owl mage. This book has a lot of twists in it and it is very emotional. This book has some words in it that we are not used to but it is nothing like the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit. This book is fantasy and I would recremend this book to someone who is not afriad of death and dark curses and spells.
Cassie
I really enjoyed this series, especially the books I was able to get on audio.
Ghost Hunter was a good conclusion to the series. I was a little nervous at times while listening to it, but I am happy with how it ended.
Markie
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No spoilers here

I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. This final book was no exception. Darker and more charged than former books and although the end was as I hoped and thus predicted. How that end came to lass was not.
Scott
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great series. Easily the best YA series I've read since Harry Potter. Brilliant world building and plotting. Sad to finish it but hope to read it all again in a few years with my (presently 2 yr old son) Lucas
Felicia
May 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Definitely the best one by far!! I'm glad I finished the series!
Michael McCoy
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series and i hate that it is over. It is thrilling throughout all of the books and they are amazing. They keep you enthralled no matter what part you are at.
Jamie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Only book thats ever made me cry
Zach
Sep 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not like it very much but that's just me.
Who else loves this book? 4 11 Jul 30, 2014 01:32PM
Ghost hunter 4 18 Feb 27, 2013 05:07AM
  • Star Dancer (Star Dancer Quartet #1)
  • Albion of the Wind - 風のアルビオン (Zero No Tsukaima, #2)
  • Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2)
  • The Serpent Gift (The Shamer Chronicles, #3)
  • Flame-Girl (Flame-Girl, #1)
  • The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, Vol. 3 (The Devil is a Part-Timer Manga, #3)
  • Moribito II: Guardian of the Darkness (Moribito, #2)
  • Finding the Fox (The Shapeshifter, #1)
  • The Last Battle of the Icemark (The Icemark Chronicles, #3)
  • Prince of Fools (Sebastian Darke, #1)
  • City of Ships (Stravaganza, #5)
  • Secrets of the Wolves (Wolf Chronicles, #2)
  • Covenant's End (Widdershins Adventures, #4)
  • Raiders' Ransom (Raiders' Ransom, #1)
  • A Darkling Plain (The Hungry City Chronicles, #4)
  • A Pack of Lies
119755
Michelle Paver was born in Central Africa, but came to England as a child. After gaining a degree in Biochemistry from Oxford University, she became a partner in a City law firm, but eventually gave that up to write full-time.

The hugely successful Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series arose from Michelle's lifelong passion for animals, anthropology and the distant past - as as well as an encounter
More about Michelle Paver...

Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (6 books)
  • Wolf Brother (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #1)
  • Spirit Walker (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #2)
  • Soul Eater (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #3)
  • Outcast (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #4)
  • Oath Breaker (Chronicles of Ancient Darkness, #5)
“It melted into the shadows. It had left no tracks; only a branch,” 0 likes