Start by marking “Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes - Year 3” as Want to Read:
Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes - Year 3

Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes - Year 3 (ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  12 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The popular Demo Tapes series continues with The Demo Tapes: Year 3. It's the same format you've come to know and love: short fiction previously posted on The Meet and Greet at West of Mars, and intros to each that let you, the reader, look into the mind of the author and creator of the indomitable Trevor Wolff.
Trevor and his best friend Mitchell Voss are in fine form in
Published (first published June 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shapeshifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shapeshifter

Mari Juniper
Demo Tapes 3 is a collection of short stories and micro fiction featuring the rock band Shapeshifter, which main characters are Trevor (the main character) and Mitchell (the band leader and Trevor’s best friend). All Demo Tapes anthology refer to the novel Trevor Song, in which Trevor’s and the Shapeshifter’s story is further developed.

The whole Demo Tapes concept is very interesting. It gives the reader snippets of intimate moments of the characters that would slow down the reading if introduce
Candy
Jun 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'll be the first to admit that I'm a big fan of this series of books. I've been following this author for a while - heck, before she even had books, I was a fan of her online work. It should be no surprise that I loved this series.

I read most of the entries a couple of years ago when they were first online, but I love that she's taken them, given us some background, edited them and put them together in a cohesive collection.

The basics are that she writes about the birth and success of a rock ba
Cindi (cheesygiraffe)
Jun 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-read
The outtakes keep getting better and better. I was laughing out loud at some of Trevor and Mitchell's antics. And the word play with a certain character that I don't want to name here but let's just say he isn't called Dick. And to see my name mentioned in the outtake about Hammer, Wrench and Torque made me smile.
Sharon
Jan 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a big fan of Susan Helene Gottfried's ShapeShifter series, and this was the only work I hadn't read. I'm so glad that I finally got around to it.

This book shares little tidbits of information that fill in gaps around other stories and give us more insight into Trevor, Eric, Kerri, Mitchell and the rest of the gang.

For those who, like me, have worked in the music business, the well-drawn characters (from the groupies to the harried venue manager) will all be very familiar.

A fun, short read.
Amy
Dec 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As always Susan's writing draws you into the world of ShapeShifter. This collection of short stories follows Trevor's Song, and fills in some more of the backstory and introduces a, memorably named, shall we say, character.

A solid read.
L-Squared
Jul 31, 2013
Susan Gottfried
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lynea
Jan 20, 2013
Shaunesay
Jun 14, 2011
Palar
rated it did not like it
Aug 16, 2012
Susan Gottfried
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lisa
Jan 05, 2016
Susan Gottfried
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mandy
Andra
Nov 22, 2012
Char ღ Denae
Mar 23, 2013
Author and freelance editor to an elite group of writers via West of Mars. A former book reviewer for the World's Toughest Book Critics, I think being an editor has made me even more demanding of what I read for pleasure. You can imagine the heights I seek to raise my clients to.
More about Susan Helene Gottfried

ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (4 books)
  • Shapeshifter : The Demo Tapes -- Year 1
  • ShapeShifter: The Demo Tapes (Year 2)
  • Shapeshifter: The Demo Tapes - Year 4