Start by marking “Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #19; Wolf Breeds, #9)” as Want to Read:
Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #19; Wolf Breeds, #9)

Stygian's Honor

(Breeds #19)

Window Rock, Arizona, is the last known location of Honor Roberts, who vanished when she was just thirteen. It was her only sanctuary from the Breed research that would surely have ended in her death--one such insidious experiment should, indeed, have killed her. That she lived is both a miracle--and a great mystery.

Stygian's mission is to find Honor Roberts, no matter the
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published August 7th 2012 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Stygian's Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stygian's Honor

Start your review of Stygian's Honor (Breeds, #19; Wolf Breeds, #9)
Melanie
2.5-3 stars

Sigh.

description

I used to love the 'Breeds' stories - they were hot, deliciously angsty, sexy, emotionally taxing, and just plain HAWT.

Well now... the stories just seem to drag from sex scene to sex scene. They've definitely still got the steam factor, but it's all so.... perfunctory. And that is not hot and sexy. That's just steam for the sake of steam.

VS

description

The "story" in 'Stygian's Honor' is part of an arc that's been dragging on over too manyseveral books and this one picks up pretty much immed
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
This was a good one. Sexy and Smart.

Much of the stuff I mention below is regarding ongoing storylines from previous books and just a little teaser as to what is happening with them in this book. If you are reading this series and are not up to this book yet, you might want to skip the rest of the review, but if you don’t mind getting caught up or if you plan to read it in the future but will forget what I said by that time, please go ahead. I often read reviews and even spoilers to see if I want
Lillie
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
I can’t figure out how to do this review without giving spoilers for Lawe’s Justice. If you haven’t read that one and don’t want spoilers, stop reading now.

Potential spoilers ahead!

In Lawe’s Justice, the Bureau of Breed Affairs and their enemies had descended on the Navajo Nation in search of four people that escaped the labs years ago. Honor, Fawn, Judd and Gideon hold the key to saving the life of Jonas Wyatt’s child and also destroying the Council.

After Lawe and Diane failed to find them, it
Sophia Triad
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Breeds 27
Wolf Breeds 9
Featured Couple: Stygian (Wolf) & Honor (Human)

The events of this book start right after the ending of “Lawe’s Justice”.

Honor Roberts disappeared when she was 13 years old at Window Rock, Arizona. Honor has been the result of many experiments. The ruthless scientists combined animal DNA with human embryos. Jonas daughter has undergone such a procedure and that’s the reason he is so interested in discovering Honor. If one of the kids has survived, then little Amber can survi
MelissaB
This book was just another frustrating mediocre addition to a previously good series. I am so so tired of the Breeds being on the Navaho reservation and the focus of the story staying on finding the four missing people, it's been the same for a couple of books so wrap it up already! I hate the way the author is using a little girl sick and in pain as an endless plot device.

The actual leads were ok but these recent books are all over the place with the story focus and don't seem to make sense. Do
P.A. Lupton
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was ok

I hate to rate a book in one of my favorite series so low, but this was a huge disappointment. Out of all the Breeds books, this is the one I least enjoyed. I think the story is just dragging on way too long now. It’s like watching a soap opera, you can stop watching the show and tune in a year and 260 episodes later and still they’ll be on the same plot line. That’s what I feel like Lora Leigh is doing with this story. I felt like the characters are talking in circles, repeating the same things
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted Under the Covers

I have to be honest here... I read the book, I sat and thought about it. Then I walked away from writing this review for a couple of days because I wanted all my feelings to fall back and settle down and here's how I feel now.

When you run a series for 27 books you have to know that what keeps readers interested is not JUST reading about yet another couple in the world they've grown to love. There has to be more. When I finished reading STYGIAN'S HONOR I act
Nicky
Aug 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Review of the Earlier series

I started reading Lora Leighs (LL) breed series at Styx's storm and because i loved that book i started reading the series. Most if not all of the books are written the same way its like reading the same book with different character names. I had to skip out on a few of the books as they were too repetitive and boring.

It was a blessing when i read Dawn's awakening i thought it was one of the best breed books and it started the Cassie saga. After reading that book with
Isa Lavinia

This series started waaaaayyyy back in 1998 - I haven't been following it from the start, obviously I was too young for this kind of thing at the time, but I started reading it maybe in 2003/04? It's now on #27 and I'm thinking to myself, "Wow... was it always this bad? Was I really so easily entertained back then?"
I don't know, honestly I'd have to re-read them, and after this one I don't really feel like it.

There is the issue of little Amber, who was a few months old a few weeks ago and n
Anna Alexander
Jan 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
I've read all of the Breed books, and this may have to be my last. If you've read the past six or seven books in the series, you've already read this book. There was one good thing- I loved Stygian. He was dominate without being pushy and a great hero. I just wish he had a worthy heroine. I agree with other reviews on this site about Liza and her spastic, all over the place emotions. There is a line between torn and annoying and Liza lived on the annoying side of the fence too often.

The story te
Willow Brook
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Very, very slowly I am moving toward being finished with The Breeds. Although I have given up on Lora Leigh's other series, I loved (and still love --my tastes didn't change, her writing did) the earlier Breeds books. Coyote's Mate didn't quite do it for me and then all her books went off the rails with inadequate plotting, insane editing problems and generally subpar writing. All her fans said poor LL, she's had a bad year, her editor should be shot. After several badly written and beyond badly ...more
Elaine
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was ok
Kaniac
Aug 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
Stygian's Honor disappointed me. I didn't expect it to considering I have waited on pins and needles for every previous book to be released. But alas it did. I love the idea of the boogeyman of the breeds to be so consumed with saving his child. Totally get that and love it but I think maybe it has dragged on too long. I also found that in this book as opposed to others everything is repeated way too much and the heroine (if you can call her that) maybe needs to go through a couple of classes on ...more
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
Ugh. Convoluted circles. A merry go round of confusion. I used to love this series and have read them all, but I feel like Leigh is just beating a dead horse at this point. She's making the story lines so complicated and drawn out that its borderline ridiculous.

I keep hoping for Cassie's story and I feel like that's where Leigh is headed. I know she's been quoted as saying Cassie isn't "ready," so I feel like this (and maybe some previous to this too) are just filler until she gets to that poin
Jennifer beck
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
omg!! i love this book so much i didn't want it to end.and now i can;t wait for the next breeds book..i love this series!!! and this author.
Cristina
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this but unfortunately it felt repetitive just like the others. So sad because I used to love this series.
Heather
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Oh Stygian. You animal.

I tried to resist you, but I just couldn't. It's been 90 plus degrees here in Portlandia (a rarity, thank god!) so this weekend was spent mostly not moving, trying to stay cool without air conditioning. And reading Stygian's Honor, of course.

This story picks up right where the last one (Lawe's Justice) left off. As Diane Broeing kicks some bad guy's ass, hot and virginal Liza Johnson is escorted to safety by Stygian Black, a "lone-wolf" breed working as an enforcer. Liza i
Mara
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
A classical Breed romance: with lots of fights for independence (and we all know how they end :P), and a complex plot to keep the story up and kicking.

I loved the overall plot and the way the good guys (both Breeds and Navajo) are not that good (who wouldn't want to kick Jonas' backside? Here more than usual, I admit).
Liza is right when she declares you can't trust the Breeds and that they have the same goal and at times the same methods of the Council...

The book lost a star for:
-- the weak beg
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
After 20 plus books in this series, how does an author infuse excitement back in? By adding new twists! In Stygian's Honor, the reader is treated to Native American lore. This was enjoyable and Ms. Leigh dropped plenty of clues for the ending.

Liza Johnson is an admirable female lead. She can kick butt and she doesn't allow people to push her around. Her interaction with her father, uncle and the Breeds is amusing. She fights for every little bit of independence.

The requisite mating bond as well
Lady Lioness
I'm starting to suspect that Leigh is using some brand of dictation software when she writes because the typos are very similar ARC to ARC. Misused words, hellion becomes hel Lion, etc.

That aside, I do think this is one of the strongest Breed books in a while. So why only three stars? In the beginning, the Breed books were very grounded in science. With Stygian's Honor, Leigh introduces an element of woo woo. As a result, I found it hard to reconcile the disparate elements. The book also dragge
Lynsey A
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was a redeeming book after the last 2 disappointments. AND we get a flipping cliffhanger (kind of sort of) And now I cannot wait for the next book!

This is the major continuation of the story trying to save Jonas' daughter who was kidnapped by Bradenmore & injected with something giving her breed genetics, but making her very sick & dying as time passes... I read this in a day & a half forcing myself to put it down last night & picking it up again this afternoon!

I love these BREEDS!! God I w
Mary Howard
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love any book that Lora Leigh writes.
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed Bewitching Bibliophile

Back to the desert and the Navajo Nation we go. this book follows closely on Lawe's Justice, with us still hunting the three missing children and trying to find them before Council Coyotes, and the monster in the desert does. With that e have Stygian assigned to working with the Navajo council's people and he is assigned to Liza who is a bit more than she appears.

From there we get one heck of a ride trying to find the hidden children, the Navajo council
Kathy Davie
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Twenty-seventh in the Breeds paranormal romance series revolving around a genetically altered people struggling to survive. The couple focus is on Stygian Black and Liza Johnson.

My Take
It's been a number of books so far and I still haven't grasped why the Navajo refuse to open up the database of DNA profiles. I really don't understand why it's such a big deal. Supposedly the Navajo want to help their people and the Breed DNA is part Navajo.

This was a clumsy effort. It reads more like Leigh wante
Rinse and repeat .... seriously you need to wash after all that spurting and juices.
Reeannun
Oct 01, 2011 rated it really liked it

Oh, dear. What to say about this book. First off, this will have spoilers! So, if you haven't read this book, stop reading this review now!

I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 only because of the ending! It felt rushed with no conclusions to many plots.

Jonas/Rachael/Amber-unfinished
Navajo Nation-unfinished
Stygian/Honor-unfinished (although the mating was complete)
Dog and crew-unfinished
Gideon/Fawn/Judd-unfinished
Cassie-never finished
And lastly, who the hell crashed into the room?

Jonas, ah, Jo
Missy Jane
Aug 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Whenever I pick up a Breed book I expect three things: a dominating male, a pissed off female, and lots of very explicit sex. This book delivered right on cue, but I've come to realize I'm not necessarily satisfied with the same old formula anymore. Just once I'd like the heroine to maybe not be a total bitch to the man who is trying to worship at her feet. Just once I'd like maybe less than half the book to be sex scenes.
In this installment Liza becomes mated to Stygian. As expected, she's piss
Rinou
I was disappointed with this book. Stygian is a great hero, understanding and supportive, and not too much dominating and possessive. I had problems with Liza, she's too indecisive, she keeps telling him he will destroy her almost until the last chapters even though she loves him.
Jonas' actions seemed at times not really logical, and the plot about Amber's sickness goes on and on and on without real evolution. I hope the next book put a closure to this.
To stay with Amber, she's eight months old
Tamara Drummond
Aug 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
While reading Stygian's Honor I felt this book took a different approach then the last ones. Which in my opinion was a good move. Although the author leaves us with a major cliffhanger, but some questions are finally answered and parts to the mystery start to come together. Overall I enjoyed this book I liked the fact that Stygian while still being his dominant breed self was not overbearing with Liza and didn't go the typical route of trying to change his mate. Can't wait to see what Dog is up ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon #2.5; Breeds #11.5; Feline Breeds, #9; Children of the Sea Prequel)
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #10.5; Wolf Breeds, #5)
  • Mate Claimed (Shifters Unbound, #4)
  • Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)
  • Shadow Flight (Shadow Riders, #5)
  • Leopard's Prey (Leopard People, #5)
  • Cat's Lair (Leopard People, #6)
  • Wild Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #6)
  • Leopard's Wrath (Leopard People #11)
  • Vampire Most Wanted (Argeneau, #20)
  • Darkness (New Species, #12)
  • Wild Fire (Leopard People, #3)
  • Immortal Ever After (Argeneau, #18)
  • Desolation Road (Torpedo Ink, #4)
  • SEAL Wolf In Too Deep (Heart of the Wolf, #18)
  • The Awakening (Leopard People, #0.5)
  • Midnight's Warrior (Dark Warriors, #4)
  • Moon (New Species, #10)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in ...more

Breeds (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • The Man Within (Breeds, #2; Feline Breeds, #2)
  • Elizabeth's Wolf (Breeds, #3; Wolf Breeds, #1)
  • Kiss of Heat (Breeds, #4; Feline Breeds, #3)
  • Soul Deep (Breeds, #5; Coyote Breeds, #1)
  • Megan's Mark (Breeds, #6; Feline Breeds, #5)
  • Harmony's Way (Breeds, #7; Feline Breeds, #6)
  • Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #8; Feline Breeds, #7)
  • Jacob's Faith (Breeds, #9; Wolf Breeds, #3)
  • Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #10; Wolf Breeds, #4)