Start by marking “What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees” as Want to Read:
What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees

What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees

Here is a beautiful and unique picture book in turn-around format about the concept of day and night. Open the book, and the sun rises to reveal blue skies, crowded barnyards, and bustling streets. Turn the book over, and the moon comes up to the hush of night with its bright stars, hooting owls, and sleeping children. Young audiences will delight in the experience of ...more
Published September 16th 1997 by Greenwillow Books (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees

Start your review of What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees
Lisa Whiteford
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees by author Nancy Tafuri is a children’s book intended for ages six to twelve years old. I read this book on my kindle app. This book is a great little book that shows day and night just by flipping the book over. I really enjoyed the beautiful imagery in the illustrations of this book that allows children on one side to see beautiful illustrations during the day of farms, busy towns and daylight skies. When you turn the book over you get to see views during ...more
Sydney Fritz
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
What the Sun Sees, What the Moon Sees, was such a cute book. I read this book to some Kindergarteners and they loved it! They thought it was so cool how at the middle of the book, you have to turn it upside down. They had me read it 3 or 4 times just because they liked it that much. They both said their favorite part was when the moon saw the bight starts. I highly recommend this book for young readers.
Sally Staples
Apr 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
My kindergarteners loved this book. We were talking about the moon and the sun and what you see at night and what you might see during the day. This book led into a great writing lesson. I wrote about how and what you might see in our classroom during the day and then how it looks at night.
Richard
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book is big. It's got a sentence per two pages and works well for storytime sessions. the kids loved this book. I even had parents surprised by the pictures and they pointed out details to their children.
Ebono1
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
good naptime story. I like that it talks about everything on earth and doesn't focus on one specific situation or animal to focus on.
Mikki
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A lovely double feature that explores what is happening during the day versus what is happening at night.
Mary
This is a great book for ECE level readers who are learning about daytime and nighttime. It is very simple, but focuses on opposites. The text is large and the pictures are easy to see. Good for reading aloud.
Miss Sarah
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This two books in one picture book features all the things outdoor and beyond that the sun touches during the day and then the book flips and shows all the things the moon sees at night. Simple and fast paced. Any age group.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at family story time on 4/25/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 10/25/12 and 10/26/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Mary Trujillo
Que ve el sol/ que ve la luna
MissInformation
Nov 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
a book of the world during the day, and aat night. Super simple text. Book flips over between night and day. Suitable for Story Time.
Paula
Contrasts the world as viewed in sunlight with the quiet night world in moonlight.
Lauren White
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books, own
good for prek-k
Kim
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: laptime
Tafuri's simple, one sentence per page stories with sweet illustrations make her a great go to for laptime
Mary Cravens
Good big colorful pictures, Simple sentences
Frank
Apr 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Both my kids enjoyed this. Probably more at Elise's level than Frank.
Michelle
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read for Mother Goose on the Loose but I think it would work better for a PS ST.
Tricia
May 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Enjoyable book with little text contasts day and night with large, bright illustrations. Good for 2s.
Jason
Oct 19, 2016 rated it liked it
The large, colorful, simple illustrations are attractive as is the opportunity for kids to compare and contrast similar locations in the nighttime and the daytime.
Mama Bibliosoph
The cycle of day and night is on display in this exquisite two-sided book by famed illustrator Nancy Tafuri. Begin with What the Sun Sees and midway through the book the sun begins to set ("And the sun watches until the moon comes up."). A note instructs us "Now turn the book around," and, this time starting with the back cover, we read What the Moon Sees until we reach the twin ending.

You'll quickly realize that turning the book around and around mirrors the rising and setting of the sun and
Julia
Dec 04, 2018
S. Myatt
rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Big Mooncake for Little Star
  • The Sun Is My Favorite Star
  • Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
  • The Way Back Home (The Boy, #3)
  • Touch the Brightest Star
  • I Will Surprise My Friend! (Elephant & Piggie, #6)
  • I'm a Frog! (Elephant and Piggie, #20)
  • It Feels Good to Be Yourself: A Book about Gender Identity
  • Sun Song
  • The Fae Games: Complete Series: Books 1-5
  • Summer Sun Risin'
  • To Be Like the Sun
Nancy Tafuri is probably best known as the creator of Have You Seen My Duckling?, a 1985 Caldecott Honor Book described by Parent’s Choice as “beautifully precise yet emotionally affecting.” Trained as a graphic designer, Tafuri has authored more than 45 books over 30 years for the very young.

When Tafuri first attempted picture book illustration in the late 1970’s picture books were aimed at