Start by marking “Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness” as Want to Read:
Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness

Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness (Hairy Maclary #7)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  378 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
"In Riverside Hall on Cabbage Tree Row, the Cat Club were having their Annual Show . . ."

When Hairy Maclary bounces and pounces his way into the cat show, his flustering and blustering bring a very unexpected result . . . Another rollicking, rhyming adventure with Hairy Maclary (from Donaldson's Dairy) and friends!
Published July 29th 1993 by Puffin (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness

Sharon
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Hairy Maclary is tied up outside a hall that is hosting a cat show, being the adventurous dog that he is, a lead is not going to stop him from investigating what all the noise and fuss is about.

What results is a chase that ends better for Hairy Maclary than he could ever imagine, who would have thought that a dog could come up trumps at a cat show.

Fun and easy read for all lovers of the Hairy Maclary books
Lauren Kramer
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hairy Maclary is a scruffy dog from Donaldson's Dairy. He desperately wants to check out the Riverside Cat Club Annual Show. Using his stealth skills, he manages to sneak into the dazzling world of cats.

Little did Hairy know that his visit would create kitty chaos. Humans scramble to catch the cunning canine. Will Hairy be able to outwit his pursuers?

I found this book to be quite a fun read. Children will fall in love with Hairy Maclary and cheer him on throughout his adventures. I also found th
AD
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
What happens when Hairy Maclary breaks into a cat show? Chaos, that's what!
These wonderful classic stories about Hairy Maclary by Lynley Dodd take me back to my childhood. I love the rhyming, well-paced text, the adventures, and of course the illustrations of Hary Maclary and all his friends. Most children will get swept up in the rhythm of these books, which are great read-alouds, but children who love cats and dogs will be great fans of any of these stories.
Sally Edsall
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
If you are familiar with hairy Maclary (from Donaldson's Dairy) you will understand what havoc could be caused when our irascible terrier visits the cat show.
Not my favourite of the series (see reviews of Slinky Malinki Open The Door and Caterwaul Caper), but fun nevertheless.
Shini
May 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Hairy Maclary is a scruffy dog who is tied to a tree outside a cat show. His leash comes loose from the tree and runs into the show. People try to catch him, but he manages to get away until Miss Plum scoops him up. You get to see a few winners of the different cat categories and at the end the prize for the scruffiest cat goes to…Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy.

This rhyming book is good but rather short. I read it to a class of EYFS and Year one children, who were all intrigued to see what
Katherine
Another winner from Lynley Dodd, Showbusiness features our favourite cheeky little dog, Hairy Maclary. This time he's running riot past ..."fat cats/and thin cats/tabbies and greys/kick-up-a-din cats/with boisterous way" Help! He's found his way into a cat show. Beautiful illustrations, lovely rhyming text and as always so funny.
jacky
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Disappointed it was more about the dog than the cats. Didn't realize it was reoccurring character.
Sasha
not my fave hairy maclary but still a great kids read
Jack Kirby and the X-man
Hairy Maclary returns - this time making a ruckus at a cat show.
Being a cat person I like that the cats aren't the "bad guys" in this book (unlike many other Hairy Maclary books).
Katrina King
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
its funny how he tips over all the cages lol :)
Bek
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Our house is a big fan of all the Hairy Maclary books, but being a cat family, we particularly love reading this one!
Belinda Missen
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Them feels when your dog gets mistaken for a cat.
Serge Smagarinsky
When it comes to wreaking havoc in a rhyming story of dogs and cats, Lynley Dodd is always "best in show".
Robin
Apr 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uh-oh, Hairy Maclary gets into a cat show but comes out a winner in the end.
Cws
Jun 03, 2009 added it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jear
JEAR3-Dod
Veronica
Sep 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I hate cats, i'm glad Hairy Maclary was able to show them up!
Shahrun
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short in story but big on laughs and fabulously illustrated throughout.
Robynt
Feb 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the humour and have enjoyed lynley todds books before and this one has been no different with the original with snitzal von crumb with the very low tum
Janelle-Simone
  • Wombat Stew
  • My Grandma Lived in Gooligulch
  • Memorial
  • Mrs. Armitage: Queen of the Road
  • Footrot Flats One (Footrot Flats, #1)
  • Belinda
Lynley Dodd is New Zealand's bestselling children's author/artist. Her rhyming picture books featuring the irresistible Hairy Maclary, Slinky Malinki and friends are firm favourites, especially for reading aloud, all over the world.

THE BASICS
Born: Rotorua, New Zealand, July 5th 1941
Jobs: Art Teacher
Lives: Tauranga, New Zealand
First Book: My Cat Likes To Hide in Boxes, 1974

THE BOOKS
Lynley Dodd grad
More about Lynley Dodd

Hairy Maclary (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy