Start by marking “Civil War Winchester” as Want to Read:
Civil War Winchester

Civil War Winchester

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
The Confederacy's lynchpin in the Shenandoah Valley, Winchester was the most disputed town of the Civil War. As control shifted between North and South over seventy-five times, civilians coped with skirmishes in the streets, wracking disease and makeshift hospitals in their homes and churches. Out of this turmoil emerged heroes such as "Angel of the Battlefield" Tillie Rus ...more
Published April 29th 2011 by History Press (SC) (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Civil War Winchester, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Civil War Winchester

Kathi
Sep 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My husband picked up this small book at our (Winchester) Costco, mostly for our visitors to look through if they needed something interesting to read before bedtime.

I was pleased to see it listed on Goodreads, because I read it before any guests, was glad that I did, and also happy that it “counted” toward my reading goal this year.

We are military retirees, and a few years ago we chose Winchester as our forever home. Granted, when we did, all four of our children lived less than two and a half
Austin Gisriel
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Civil War Winchester is a fast-paced read that provides plenty of detail regarding the lives of those living in a town that changed hands some 70 times during the War Between the States. Holsworth weaves the details of their everyday lives with the great events that were often literally happening in and around Winchester. He especially focuses on Winchester's women, justly portraying them as heroic as any battlefield hero.
Tom