Start by marking “DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Vietnam and Angkor Wat” as Want to Read:
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Vietnam and Angkor Wat

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Vietnam and Angkor Wat

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Vietnam opened its doors to tourists in the late 80s and, while at first a destination frequented by backpackers and war veterans, its appeal has grown ever since. Blessed with a long coast sprinkled with casuarina-lined beaches, the country now attracts sun-lovers and surfers, with resorts and spas sprouting all along the coast. Part of the award-winning Eyewitness series ...more
Published December 19th 2011 by DK Eyewitness Travel (first published May 21st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about DK Eyewitness Travel Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about DK Eyewitness Travel Guide

Ruth
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great travel guide! Details on traveler resour ces, places to stay, sites to see, where to eat, shopping and more, mixed with tons of pictures and enough cultural and historical information to provide background.
Brian Williams
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I have the 2017 edition of this guide and used it during a recent trip to Vietnam and Cambodia. It covers the territory fairly well and is up-to-date. Plus, the photos are good. I like the presentation in the DK guides, but others may prefer the way Fodor and Frommer does their guides. All in all, it's a good basic guide.
fivethousandbooks
Jul 23, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any travel addicts out there
Shelves: travel
I love DK Eyewitness books! It's like travelling to the country without actually going there. But indeed, I am going to Vietnam and Cambodia in a few weeks so this book was really handy.

The good:

- an extensive list of accommodation and restaurants at the back of the page.
- the illustrations and photographs are gorgeous!
- there's also a brief history of every place, museum, etc.
- several maps that would be very handy.
- some more travel and general information at the back.

The not-so-good:

- I w
Sylvia Ttl
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Overall, it is a great guide that provides you with good background information on Vietnam and Angkor Wat. I am a collector of DK travel guides. DK guides have always been accurate with their facts, graphics and information, with very minimal critical comments. This particular guide is different. I am delighted to read that certain places might not worth a visit, hence that helps to save our precious time while travelling in a country with less developed public transportation system.
Sarah Mazdon
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book really useful during my recent trip, allowing me to discover things in more detail and plan an itinery. This is a new version of the DK books and I felt slightly disappointed with the "where to stay" and "where to eat" sections. DK books are always a great resource and I wil continue to use them.
Danielle
Aug 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 stars... almost just for the photos! Fun books to look through and also informative. Reliable restaurant reviews. I will use the DK Eyewitness guides for any location (other than Western Europe and only because I'm loyal to Rick Steves)!
Katharine
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up to find out a bit more about Vietnam before reading The Sympathizer, and I was amazed by the depth of Vietnamese Culture. what other country has built a Temple to Literature and maintained it for 1000 years? Now, I will have to plan a visit.
Charlotte
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent travel book
Phong Pham
May 07, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
quality book when coupled w/ the viet nam lonely planet. love me picture books.
Jen
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Getting ready for trip to Asia. Pretty good travel guide.
May
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading in advance of my trip in 3 days. Will tell you how useful it is afterwards.
Holly
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
great pictorial of this emerging country. can't wait to go this week to see it for myself. I feel prepared after reading this book.
John  Ervin