Start by marking “Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be” as Want to Read:
Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be

Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be

The depth of our relationship with God is not dependent on his pursuit of us, but on our pursuit of him and our willingness to be obedient to his Word.
Published April 1st 2003 by FaithWords

To ask other readers questions about Knowing God Intimately, please sign up.
Jo-Marie Jo-Marie Hi,
First, I'm sorry for not getting back to you much, much sooner. Today is the first time I saw your question.
For me the only thing stopping me fro…more
Hi,
For me the only thing stopping me from knowing God intimately is me. When I make Him the priority in my life, then I hear from Him more clearly. My favorite God time is first thing in the morning (before I let myself get involved in other things.). I pray, read my devotions (I have about 4 right now), say my daily declarations, and listen to a chronologically organized Bible.
When I start my day this way, it goes much better. I somehow have more time to get things done.
I hope this answers your question. And again, I'm sorry I didn't answer you much sooner. (I'm still learning all this social media stuff.)(less)

Start your review of Knowing God Intimately: Being as Close to Him as You Want to Be
Mar 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a really fantastic book that taught me a lot about what it means to have God involved in, and at the front and center, of everything I am. Prior to reading this book I knew more about God the Father, and Jesus the Son, but still was trying to figure out the who/what/where of the Holy Spirit. This book (based on the Bible) teaches about how the Spirit lives IN us. Therefore we can let Him feel comfortable in His home. Or we continue doing things the way the world and our human nature dict ...more
Sherrie
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy the fact that Joyce is so open and transparent about her life and her struggles along the way in her Christian walk and journey in life...in this book, she once again opens up and explains to us her relationship with the Holy Spirit, how she came to receive Him and how you too can receive and increase His presence and power in your life. I enjoyed her practical approaches and detailed descriptions, which she of course "backs up" with the Holy scriptures. It's a great read for anyo ...more
Kristine Bolt
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Persons who are seeking more knowledge about the Holy Spirit
I absolutely loved this book. I think it was perfectly timed for me based on where I am in my life now and based on some things that God is dealing with me on. Joyce uses examples from her life, which I appreciate because, in her usual inimitable style, she shows that like me, she's not perfect but she's willing to keep working at being more like Jesus. The information on the Holy Spirit was spot on and so very useful for me. So much that I had never learned before! Reading this book has inspire ...more
Chandra
Nov 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
i read this book as part of my study of the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts. i was initially turned off as the book begins with tons of "christianese" that would be hard for anyone not steeped in the church to understand. however, as she goes further, she does a good job of breaking down the different spiritual gifts. of course, she does it in her characteristic conversational style, with lots of personal examples, so that makes it easy to read and digest.

recommend.
pianogal
Mar 07, 2011 rated it liked it
This one didn't hit me quite as strong as some of her other books - which is weird b/c I usually love Joyce Meyer. It wasn't bad, but maybe it's not really what I need right now, as opposed to others (Like Battlefield) that I should read and reread every day.

Good...not great right now...
Karen Potts
Feb 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Joyce's presentation of ways to live life if you want to be conscious of God. Truths & interpretations of walking a Christian path. Overall, not an exciting book but her account of how she believes Spirit speaks through her particularly caught my interest & made me wonder if that might be possible, even for someone like me. Worth listening to. ...more
Amy Robinson
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I chose this book because I needed to draw closer to God and something was blocking my growth. I have always loved Joyce Meyer because she keeps things simple, yet she is forthright. I guess this book worked so well for me because it was exactly what I needed right now.

I especially loved the explanation of the spiritual gifts that we have and that are available to us. Oftentimes we are just not informed, or we just don't think about all the things that are available to us through the holy spiri
Liz Austin
I went into this book with high hopes. I enjoyed "Living Beyond Your Feelings" very much, therefore I bought this book thinking I'd enjoy it and learn something. It's not a bad book.. Just a bit dry to get through (and that's coming from someone who reads predominantly Non-fiction books), plus I didn't necessarily agree with some of the things she said, but that's merely a denominational difference. Nevertheless you can definitely learn something from this book...
Teresa
Apr 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
As with all of Joyce Meyer's books, I enjoyed the abundant information, especially about the Holy Spirit. She states: "God wants you to receive His free gift of salvation. Jesus wants to save you and fill you with the Holy Spirit more than anything." Then she explains how to invite Jesus to be you Lord and Savior with a simple prayer.
Shelly
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a new fan of Joyce Meyer. Maybe it's just where I am at this point in my life and I enjoy her simple straight forward style. I have read/listened to about 5 going on 6 of her books in the last month and I haven't found one that I haven't learned something from! Amazing blessing at this point for me!
Sylvia
May 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book for beginners and/beginners transitioning into the early stages of maturity in their faith. If you want a closer relationship with God, the info in this book can definitely get you in His presence
Clara Osborne
May 26, 2008 is currently reading it
Intimacy with God is very much like intimacy with my husband. It takes time, work and committment that yeilds results worth working for.
Zluv
Aug 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all my friends
EXCELLENT
Kelly
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book!! If you want to know why - ask me. I could go on and on ;)
Candi
Jan 22, 2010 added it
I learned that it takes self to do what God wants you to and to go to him first.Tlaking to God will always lead your life right.Just gotta believe and keep the faith going.
Randine
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Read it 5 times! Guess i liked it.
Jenny Sharp
it seemed a bit elementary sunday school-ish to me.
Andrea Pal
Awesome stuff! I love how she knows how to say and explain things from the bible so that everyone can understand it! I learned alot and it is always a joy reading her books!!!!
Kerry-ann
Oct 10, 2011 marked it as to-read
I started reading this book and couldn't get past chapter 8. I guess i wasn't in the right mindset for it.
Jan 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
In the main I enjoyed this book. The odd thing I disagreed with, but on the whole very uplifting.
Alison
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This helps brings God to a personal relationship.
Freedom
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good.
Jennifer Ann
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So similar to my personal experiences with God!
Linda Perez
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Just beautiful! Get to know the God who lives in you.
Je Dayana
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Personally, I like her. In fact, she inspires me a lot and that's why I love her book and this particular book has helped me (a lot) to know God intimately.
Rebecca Taylor
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book really (for me anyways) brought a deeper revelation of Holy Spirit to me!!! It's soooo good! I have a ton of notes from what I learned in this book! Loved it!!!
Lori
Jan 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a great book for those who realize they need to get closer to God, but don't know where to start.
Caroline
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A great book for learning about God's character. I feel I know God better after reading it.
Marilyn
Love this book. She goes into detail about who the Holy Spirit is and what his job is in a believers life. I highly recommend it.
Wyvonna

• Instinct: Unleashing Your Natural Drive for Ultimate Success
  • Happiness for Beginners
  • A Wife After God's Own Heart
  • Relentless: The Power You Need to Never Give Up
  • A Bright Tomorrow (American Century, #1)
  • Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart: How to Know for Sure You Are Saved
  • Manual of Woody Landscape Plants: Their Identification, Ornamental Characteristics, Culture, Propagation, and Uses
  • The Armor of God - Bible Study Book
  • Streams in the Desert, KJV
  • Windows 10: 2019 Updated User Guide to Master Microsoft Windows 10 with Latest Tips and Tricks
  • Holy Bible: Large Print Bible-TEV
  • Dressed to Kill: A Biblical Approach to Spiritual Warfare and Armor
  • The Girls Across The Bay (Knox and Sheppard, #1)
Joyce Meyer is one of the world's leading practical Bible teachers. A New York Times bestselling author, Joyce’s books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through Jesus Christ. Through Joyce Meyer Ministries, Joyce teaches on a number of topics with a particular focus on how the Word of God applies to our everyday lives. Her candid communication style allows her to share openl ...more