Start by marking “Finding Her Dad” as Want to Read:
Finding Her Dad

Finding Her Dad

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews

Having her own family is not too much to ask! Although it's been tough, sixteen-year-old Sierra Lind has assembled some good candidates. First there's the most perfect foster mom ever--Lucy Malone. And now Sierra has found her bio dad, Jonathan Brenner. With the way Lucy and her dad are making eyes at each other... Well, Sierra will have her family unit any day now.
But th
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Finding Her Dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Her Dad

Lori
3.5 stars.
I love Janice Kay Johnson's writing. Plus the HSR line always delivers strong, heartwrenching stories.

I thought this was a great premise, and I liked all the characters. I liked that Jon recognized he was being hypocritical and he disliked that he put the campaign lens on everything. However, I thought that, even given his background, he went too far when Lucy's mother was released from prison.

I really liked watching the romance unfold between Jon and Lucy - how they were each wary but
Carolyn
Sep 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deborah Darsie
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An unusual premise for a Harlequin, I liked the way the relationships had begun, grown and changed as the 'adults' realized how embedded in their individual pasts.

Oddly I read this in the midst\culmination of the 2012 presidential election - so there was some interesting resonance, though this story was a purely local race.
Darlene Torday
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story. Once I started reading I had to finish it as fast as I could. The characters are very human with problems that have shaped who they are. I found myself hoping they'd figure out how to work out those problems so they could have a future together, one they all wanted and deserved.
Janeen K
Dec 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Nice fast read always know I will enjoy Janice Kay Johnson books.
Leisa
I thought this was a pretty good book. I especially liked that it was set in the Seattle area. The characters were interesting and the conflict was very believable.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Suddenly a Parent
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Suddenly a Parent
Betsy Gray
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love her characters and the tough issues she has them face. I always expect a good story when I pick up a Janice Kay Johnson book, and she didn't disappoint with this one!
Emily
Mary
Mar 13, 2013
Sabrina Lucero
Jan 27, 2016
Janice Kay Johnson is the author of sixty books for children and adults. Her first four published romance novels were coauthored with her mother, also a writer who has since published mysteries and children's books on her own. These were "sweet" romance novels, the author hastens to add; she isn't sure they'd have felt comfortable coauthoring passionate love scenes!

Janice graduated from Whitman Co
More about Janice Kay Johnson...