Start by marking “Angels Fall” as Want to Read:
Angels Fall

Angels Fall

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  36,703 Ratings  ·  1,140 Reviews
14 hours, 45 minutes

Reece Gilmore has come a long way to see the stunning view below her. As the sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, she has been on the run, desperately fighting the nightmares and panic attacks that haunt her. She settles in Angel’s Fist, Wyoming - temporarily, at least - and takes a job at a local diner. And now she’s hiked this mountain all by he
Audio CD, Unabridged, 13 pages
Published July 11th 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2006)

Fareya
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes, when I can't decide what to read next, I just pick up one of Nora Roberts' romantic suspense novels and I am never disappointed. Nora sure knows how to leave her readers satisfied. Angels Fall is one of those exceptionally well written, engaging NR style thriller with just the right pace, fast enough to keep one interested, but taking its time to build up the plot and characters.

Based in a picturesque little town at the foot of the Grand Tetons, the story revolves around Reece Gilmor
Songbyrd*SB needs low angst books*
This was a really good story. I enjoyed the heroine Reece and the hero Brody. I got the audiobook version and I thought the narrator did a decent job telling the story.

Reece is a trained chef who survived a horrible attack and had many mental issues she dealt with afterward which after such an event is understandable.

Brody is a writer that has lived in the town after he quit a newspaper job and has become a novelist. He is blunt, a loner and observant. He doesn't coddle but does care when he le
Glamdring
*Buddy read with Blacky <3<3<3*

*4,5 stars*

Another great romantic suspense by Nora Roberts. I loved everything, the characters, the build up and the general plot.

The characters:
Reece is the only survivor of a traumatic event, she's roaming the country doing small jobs trying to find her way back to a "normal" life. Before that she was a successful chef. Because of what happened to her she's fragile, but mostly she's strong and I loved her temper tantrum.
Brody is a reclusive writer. He's
Cyndi
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Not my favorite of the great Nora. Of course its still Nora so...
I think its the characters that bothered me. I liked Reese. Not loved because I kept thinking she should just leave Angel's Fist. But, hey, no story then.
Her good points were many topped off with a love of cooking. Not my favorite thing to do, so anyone who wants to cook for me is my friend. 🍔😋
As for Brody? Didn't like him in the beginning and barely liked him in the end. Did I mention she liked to cook? Why did it take him so
Kogiopsis
I never expected much from Nora Roberts. After I was coerced convinced to try one by a friend, I picked up the unremarkable Time and Again and was, shall we say, less than impressed. Cordina's Crown Jewel (Cordina, #4) was an improvement; Morrigan's Cross was a misery. After four books, I had only a slightly better understanding of why people liked them so much. I never expected to give one of her novels five stars.

Well, Angels Fall deserved every one of them. Everything I disliked about the oth
Vinaya
It seems fitting to conclude Nothing But Nora Week with my absolute favourite Nora book of all time. Why do I like Angels Fall so much? Maybe because it is inspired by my two favourite psychological thrillers, Gaslight and Rear Window. I've watched both movies a million times, but I still get that goosebump-ey feeling as the dénouement approaches.

Reece Gilmore lands up in the little Wyoming town of Angels Fist while she's running away from the ghosts of her past. She finds a job as a short-orde
Jane Stewart
Sep 04, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic-mystery
3.5 stars. Enjoyable.

I read the physical book several years ago and thought it was good - 4 stars. But I changed my mind when I recently listened to the audiobook. The middle dragged too much. Maybe because I knew the ending and who the bad guy was, but I was tired of Reese being oblivious to all the things being done to her by the bad guy - trying to make her lose her mind. Although she did some interesting things, too much time was spent with her being a helpless victim.

The story is about a t
Lisa Kay

Five full stars! ★★★★★ I love books about chefs! Whether they are romances or mysteries; I just love the culinary theme (guess this explains my fascination with the Food Network!). Put the three together, and Wow! I’ve never been a huge Nora Roberts fan (though I do like her writing as J.D. Robb); nevertheless, I’ve picked up one or two of her books over the years and enjoyed them.

However, I’ve always liked Heather Locklear (I swear my sister-in-law could be her twin). Ms. Locklear starred in t
Karla
3 Stars! Not bad, but after listening to The Witness and being blown away by the narrator, plot and characters, this one didn't quite measure up. It took me a while to get used to the "voice" that was narrating this story, and I wonder if I had "read" the book, would I have enjoyed it more...I'm not sure.

The plot was intriguing, but at mid-point I guessed who the killer was. Nora Roberts tried so hard to direct your attention to another character and make it obvious it was him, that it was obvi
Mo
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mo by: Crystal~BIG book addict~
Another fine read from this author. 4.5 stars.

The sole survivor of a brutal crime back East, Reece Gilmore settles in Angel’s Fall, Wyoming—temporarily, at least—and takes a job at a local diner. One day, while hiking in the mountains, she peers through her binoculars and sees a couple arguing ... suddenly, the man is on top of the woman, his hands around her throat…

By the time Reece reaches a gruff loner named Brody farther down the trail, the pair is gone. And when authorities comb the area
Nicola O.
Jul 05, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit undecided about a 3 vs. 4 for this one. I have a certain devotion to Nora Roberts that some might find irrational, but generally I find her characters interesting & distinguishable, and their conflict/relationships satisfying. My 3.5 rating rationale would go something like this:

*Never saw the 'whodunit' coming-- that's good!--4 stars!
*Plot holes that would enable the culprit to do what was done-- uh, 3 stars.

In the end, I'm giving it 4 because I like NR. If you are picky about my
Maria Clara
Bueno, más bien es un tres y medio. No he leído muchos libros de esta autora, pero los pocos que han pasado por mis manos me han parecido mejores. La historia está bien, el tema muy bien tratado, pero he encontrado que faltaba algo más de suspense. De los personajes no puedo decir nada, salvo que me han parecido muy bien definidos.
Anna Catharina
May 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoerbuch
Ich habe mich wider besseren Wissens durch die Inhaltsbeschreibung verführen lassen und bin recht schnell enttäuscht wurden. Die Grundstory (ortsfremde Frau beobachtet Mord und niemand glaubt ihr, sie selbst zweifelt an ihrem Verstand und es geschehen merkwürdige Dinge) war ja an sich nicht schlecht, nur waren 2/3 der Geschichte mit hölzerne Dialoge, idiotisches Sexgedöns und langweiligen Nichtigkeiten angefüllt. Die Personen waren mir alle ausgesprochen unsympathisch, was sicher auch an den gro ...more
Jacob Proffitt
This book was a light, but entertaining mystery/romance and about what you'd expect from Nora Roberts--i.e. well-written, with interesting characters, and a firm sense of place and people.

I really like Reece as someone recovering from a truly awful, traumatic experience. She's been nomadic for a while and settles in a small Wyoming town when her car breaks down there. It isn't long before she finds herself integrating into the town, making friends, and setting down the beginnings of roots.

I'm le
Angela
Dec 21, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, ebooks
Turned out that, despite all the various Nora Roberts recommendations folks kindly gave me, the first non-J.D. Robb of hers that I read was Angels Fall, her latest paperback. Turned out to be pretty good, overall. A talented young chef, after being the only survivor of a violent crime back East, travels across the country and winds up in a small town in the mountains--where she is the only witness to a murder. Only did she really see what she thought she did? Most of the town is dubious, except ...more
Izy
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating 2.5- 3 stars.

Hmm the whole small town which should have come across as quaint and wholesome didn't...instead it came off across as a small town with a very idyllic view but extremely unempathetic people. I really don't understand why anyone would prefer to live there but Reece and Brody did clearly.

The only person I liked was Reece. She was a strong lead who had been through so much and was still trying to get back and be as normal as she could.

Her love interest Brody was a mystery write
Kathleen
3.75 stars. From the perspective of a murder mystery, the plot was fairly gripping, but the killer was a bit obvious, and remained my most constant suspect throughout the book, even though I considered others, since it seemed too obvious.

I felt for heroine Reece, and all the harrowing terror she had been through in Boston, and now murder and malice here in Angels Fall, Wyoming, at the foot of the Grand Tetons. My heart went out to her when the killer tried to drive her loco. Well done!

Romance?
Gaby
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La historia cumple y es perfecta. Es un clásico de esta autora, a la que hasta ahora no le encontré novela mala.
El suspenso está garantizado y en cada página la cabeza del lector trabaja tratando de unir las piezas del rompecabezas.
Sospeché de tres personajes y adoré jugar, una vez más, a la detective...
El lado romántico de la historia me encantó. La pareja es hermosa y tienen una química deliciosa.
Nada cursi, nada bobo ni romanticón. Es una historia de atracción pura, donde terminan construyend
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
I think Heather Locklear as Reece Gilmore was a bad casting, she is too old to play her part opposite Johnathon Schaech.

Reece Gilmore is the sole survivor of a massacre at a Boston restaurant where she worked as a chef. She hits the open road with no destination in mind, desperate for a fresh start. When her car breaks down in a picturesque Wyoming town, Reece takes a job cooking at the local diner to earn enough to repair it and move on. But as she gets to know the townspeople, mystery writer B
D.R.
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Giving this a 4 star cause I am rereading it. That's my cut off for 4 stars. I don't reread a lot of books. I just can't most times. Even if the book was good or even okay. There has to be something more to make me want to crack it open again. My brain works weird that way. I dunno. Sometimes I can remember scenes from books from years and years ago and rereading a book makes me unhappy. Othertimes, I can't wait for enough time to pass for me to be able to open it back up. Angels Fall is a book ...more
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I was on a pretty good roll there for a bit. "No more TV!" I said. "I'll read instead!" I was finishing books at a respectable pace for a graduate student! Then school ended and you'd think I would be reading up a storm. Instead I got the world's cutest, smartest puppy and I have been working on a fluff book, a Nora Roberts re-read for THREE WEEKS. How embarrassing is that? I used to read in the morning during breakfast and at night before bed. Now on the rare occasions I am sitting down wi ...more
Jacqueline
Nora Roberts is usually a slightly above middle of the road read for me. This one she hit out of the park. Reece is the only survivor of a shooting spree in Boston. At her new place in Wyoming she witnesses a murder but because of her history of a breakdown after the first shooting no one believes her.

Characterization is wonderful. Reece grows over the course of the book. She starts out fragile and very damaged and grows stronger in what she is mentally able to accomplish and she doesn't give up
Maria Sol
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gusto mucho este libro, creo que es un libro fiel al estilo de Nora Roberts y muchisimo mejor que el último que había leído de ella (La Testigo).
Me gusto todo, la historia de suspenso, creo que estuvo super bien lograda, los personajes, estos estan muy bien tambien, todos tienen el toque justo de cosas que tienen que tener los personajes en este tipo de libros, incluso los secundarios estan muy bien logrados. No es un libro empalagoso, sí tiene una historia de amor o dos, pero sus protagonist
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. This one was great! I loved Reece and Brody, and Reece's situation and her behavior and reactions as she began to heal emotionally were believable and handled well. The mystery had me suspecting quite a few people *I was wrong about the bad guy* and I loved seeing Reece begin to be angry about the way she was being played, instead of only being terrified. The evolution of her character had me pulling so hard for her.

All of the characters were enjoyable but Reece and Brody together ma
CaroB
I had originally read this back in 2011, but have to admit to having forgotten who the villain was in this when I started the re-read.
As for the protagonists, I absolutely loved Brody's surliness, his "no bullshit" attitude with a heart of gold. It's true that if I were to actually meet someone like him in real life, I probably would not give him the time of day after decided he was arrogant and rude, but Nora Roberts manages to make it understandable how he was exactly what Reece needed in her
Yasmin
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good read by Nora, if a shade too long. I don't tend to read her stand-alone books, and this was one of the few I have tried. It was a good story, good plot and likeable characters. The support characters were also fun and realistic, giving the book a well rounded feel. I liked the backstory, and the tension was kept up throughout, except towards the end when I just wanted to know who the baddie was! It could have been edited a little more to make the pacing a little tighter is my only c ...more
Serban Georgiana
Dec 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Cartea este bine scrisa,ca mai toate cartile semnate de Nora Roberts,dar din pacate nu este de cinci stele.
Punctajul pe care-l voi da este unul de 4 stele,si asta datorita faptului ca personajele i-mi par superficiale.Nu spun ca sunt construite superficial,pentru ca la valoarea acestui autor,acest lucru este imposibil,dar ceva le lipseste.
Poate este vorba de scanteia care lipseste in relatia lor.
Oricum,in ciuda faptului ca povestea este una de actiune si plina de suspans, de aceasta data autoare
Red Iza
I liked it. It wasn't bad, it wasn't her best, I just... liked it. Annika was a lot of fun. But I lost interest in the plot along the way.
Obsidian
I thought that "Angels Fall" was really good. This is the Nora Roberts I have missed for a while. A really great heroine (Reece) and hero (Brody). A mystery to be solved. And gorgeous descriptions of the location and food that everyone was eating.

Reece Gilmore is recovering from a tragedy that had her running from Boston to bumming around the U.S. Right now she has arrived at Angel's Fist in Wyoming. Before her tragedy she was an up and coming chef. Answering a help wanted sign at the local dine
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • All Night Long
  • Open Season
  • Vanished
More about Nora Roberts...

“Half full, half empty, what the hell difference does it make? If there's something in the damn glass, drink it.” 74 likes
“I didn't get fired."
"You didn't punch your boss and get fired from the Tribune? That's what I heard."
"I punched what could loosely be called a colleague for cribbing my notes on a story and since the editor–who happened to be the asshole's uncle–took his word over mine, I quit."
"To write books. Is it fun?"
"I guess it is."
"I bet you killed the asshole in the first one you wrote."
"You'd be right. Beat him to death with a shovel. Very satisfying.”
38 likes