Start by marking “Tempted by His Target” as Want to Read:
Tempted by His Target

Tempted by His Target

Wanted for the murder of a Mexican drug lord's son, party girl Isabel Sanborn fled to Oaxaca. Now she owes her life to Brandon Knox, a passing tourist who just saved her from a hit man.
But Knox is no accidental hero—he's an undercover U.S. marshal assigned to bring Isabel to justice. Instead, wanting to protect her, he joins her on the lam…with cartel goons and corrupt pol
Published September 20th 2011 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Tempted by His Target, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted by His Target

Saly
Tempted by his Target was basically a on the run story.
US Marshall Brandon is on a mission, get close and bring Isabel, all around rich spoiled party girl into custody, who is currently hiding in Mexico and what he finds is different, she is definitely sexy but doesn't seem spoiled but instead wary and self-sufficient.

Brandon poses as a surfer to get close to her and circumstance force them to go on the run. Isabel for a long time made wrong choices because of her father's lack of care for her,
RLA
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
The hero Brandon is a U.S. Marshall whose newest assignment is to find and escort back to the US fugitive Isabel, the heroine. Isabel has been on the run for two years, from both the US authorities and a dangerous Mexican drug cartel. After spending most of her adult life jumping from party to party, drinking, and doing drugs, all to escape the disappointments in her life, being on the run has enabled her to clean up and reform her ways. Waking up next to the dead son of the cartel leader and ha ...more
Holly
This was a great blend of romance and suspense. I really enjoyed both aspects, not just one or the other. That's a huge thing, since RS has been on my naughty list for awhile. There was a lot of action in the book, but a good portion was focused solely on Brandon and Isabel, which means there was good balance. Overall this was an excellent romantic suspense that made my heart race.
Brie
Oct 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

I am a huge fan of Jill Sorenson’s work. I love good romantic suspense and I think this is an author that knows how to write it. She has an amazing ability to create real and flawed characters that are likeable, and her sex scenes are scorching hot. So I was eager to read this book and while it wasn’t my favorite of hers, it was an enjoyable and fast read.

Isabel Sanborn is a woman on the run. She used to be a privileged party girl hanging out with th
Nicole
Oct 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/10/13/...

Publisher: Harlequin
Publish Date: Out Now!
How I got this book: NetGalley

I’m a big fan of romantic suspense, and Sorenson has become one of my auto-buy authors, so when I saw her newest up on NetGalley, I didn’t even bother reading the blurb before squeeing like a fangirl and requesting it.

Isabel is on the run in Mexico, dodging the cartel at every turn. She is hesitant around other people, so when the sexy Brandon comes sniff
Susi
I'm a huge Sorenson fan and when I first heard about her newest release I HAD to get my fingers on it. I love how she creates exceptionally multidimensional characters even in such a short format. Tempted by His Target shows us a world of corruption and deception in the middle of South America. We are thrown into a wild chase through this foreign world (at least for me) that shows us a different culture and in the middle of all this we find a heartbreaking romance.

Our heroine Isabel is on the ru
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: September 20, 2011 Paperback, October 1, 2011 ebook (Available Now!)
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Harlequin Romantic Suspense
Author’s Website: http://www.jillsorenson.com
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: No
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Steamy

On the run from a Mexican drug cartel, Isabel Sanborn now blends in with other surfers in Oaxaca. When her past catches up with
Suzanne Barrett
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Undercover U.S. Marshall Brandon Knox is in Oaxaca, Mexico posing as a surfer. In reality, he's tracking Isabel Sanborn on an assignment destined to bring her to justice. The one-time party girl is being pursued for the death of a wealthy drug lord's son, and she's fled the US for little known beaches in Mexico. Now, it appears her pursuers have found her and will stop at nothing to capture her. Brandon, however, isn't about to give up his target. The fact that he is attracted to her makes his t ...more
Cindy ~
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sexy, romantic suspense.

Isabel Sanborn fled California to Mexico after waking up next to a dead man. Isabel's life up to that point had been drugs, sex and taking pinup pictures for magazines. She realizes that if she doesnt turn her life around and get off the drugs she will be caught by the Mexican drug lord who is after her for the death of his son. She thinks she has done a good job of hiding in the small town until a stranger takes notice and the cartel hitmen find her.

Brandon who's a U.S
Janet
Tempted by His Target is a fantastic book -- I ripped through it. Sometimes I think Harlequins are too short -- and I would have liked a little more understanding of Isabel's party girl past -- but this really was a great length, especially for a road-trip, cabin-romance book. Sorenson's characters are never cut-outs: they have quirks and real personality traits. Isabel and Brandon are capable, intelligent and they really really suit each other. They each have a streak of privacy and maturity th ...more
Julia
Oct 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, romance
A fun, fluffy romance; Sorenson's trademark chemistry loses none of it's potency in this classic romance format.
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: rom-suspense
I liked the suspense part - had some problems with the romance. Review to come.
Leslie
Sep 26, 2011 rated it liked it
The opening pulled me in, set on a beach, with the hero watching the heroine surf. (One movie I can watch over and over is Blue Crush). He may be the well-trained one but she can hold her own against the men after them. The setting is not a place we see often either. Although I've only been to Baja, Sorenson did a good job describing not only the landscape but the people and culture of the Oaxaca region. It was an enjoyable change of scenery.

Isabel Sanchez loves the ocean. It's one of the reason
Rhonda
Sep 08, 2011 rated it liked it
For some reason I could not get lost in the story. I picked it up and read for a bit and then did somethings and come back to the book a few different times. The story was fine.
Isabella was on the run from US authorities and mexican drug cartel. She was rich party girl who spent to much time of drugs and drinks. She woke up one day with friend dead in bed. She realized her one pills were empty she could not remeber if she gave the pills to him or what. She took his bag of drugs and money and ran
TheGeekyBlogger
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Requested from NetGalley
Overall Rating 3.50
Story Rating 3.75
Character Rating 3.25

NOTE: This was a fun quick read that was action packed!

Quick Review for a Quick Read: I will admit I haven't read Jill Sorenson but I am likely to in the future. Tempted by His Target with a quick, fun read with a few twists and turns. While I didn't really connect with the romance, I felt that this might have been due to the length of the story. If it had just been a little longer I felt I would have cheered for th
Kate
Apr 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Another Jill Sorenson book! (Not to worry, I think I’ve read all the books she has in print. I'm done for now…). This was another fast-paced suspense story with an on-the-road romance. The plot was very similar to Breaking Point by Pamela Clare (one of my fave reads of 2011) but it was still well done. As always, the sense of place was really, really vivid. The heroine’s situation was a little far-fetched, and the story felt quick because of the length. But still a very solid read – oh, and I lo ...more
Kelly Knapp
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Kelly by: Goodreads Firstreads program
I found Jill Sorenson’s protagonist to be strong and well rounded. She is not perfect and is willing to admit as much. The romantic scenes are well done, without becoming too mushy or too graphic. I look forward to more from this author.

Synopsis: On the run from a both the U.S. authorities and a Mexican drug lord, Isabel has learned to be wary of everyone. However, when she is saved by a tourist, she finds herself beginning to trust him. Too bad, he isn’t who he claims to be.

I received this boo
Tash
May 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, i-own, may, nook
This was a good read for me! Although it took me a little longer than expected to finish, it was still enjoyable. I liked the heroine Isabel. She may have lived a life of a spoiled rich junky girl but in the end, circumstances had her growing up really quick. As for Brandon, he was kinda of a douche bag at times and I wanted to slap him myself...Bottom line is, they got their happy ending I'm always rooting for!
Judi
I'm a big fan of Jill Sorenson and really liked her latest offering Tempted by His Target. The action was non-stop as Brendon and Izzy were forced by circumstances to work together to survive gun-toting members from the cartel goon squad.

I've always especially enjoyed the someone working "undercover" plot. It works well in Tempted by His Target. I'm always anticipating the "big reveal" and the ensuing fallout.
Diane
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
i like sorenson's style of writing, though i tend to prefer her longer books. her heroine was rather an anti-heroine, a woman who did drugs and had ill-advised sex, and ran off when a bed mate was found dead in her bed. the hero was more of an all-american boy-man who is torn between his feelings for the girl and his dedication to his job. a tough call for anyone
Nicole Luiken
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I don't usually buy category romance (or even that much contemporary) but I like Jill Sorenson and this one was a good quick read. The romance was steamy and I liked the two main characters. The Mexican setting was interesting and well-researched. My only quibble was that the pursued-by-bad-guys plot was a little repetitive.
Jo-Ann Murphy
Sep 13, 2011 rated it liked it
I won this book through the Goodreads giveaways. It was a light quick read with plenty of action.

A little mysterious death, a drug cartel, a little life on the run in a jungle, and a little romance with the man pursuing you, who couldn't be interested.
Stella
Sep 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved Tempted by His Target! What an exciting, action packed story and I loved how masterfully Jill Sorenson escalated the sexual tension between the H/H until the very air vibrated! Detailed review coming soon!

Cristin
Sep 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from a First Reads giveaway and definitely enjoyed it. Suspenseful, exciting, fast-paced, with very likeable characters. I'm sure I'll be reading more books by this author in the future.
Carolyn Crane
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is such a clear, crisp, gripping read. And all the details are just right. I really enjoyed it!
Sharon Sherman
Aug 27, 2011 rated it liked it
The Marshal brings a girl back from Mexico. He is not supposed to touch her, but of course, he does.
Carrie
An enjoyable book by a solid author, although not her best effort. A fine book if you're in the mood for a short and sexy RS, but too short to give meat to the bones of the story.
Casee
Sep 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
3.5/5
Whtyac
Nov 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Although a harlequin book it was a delight. The storyline was surprising not the expected format. Enjoyed..
Karla
Sep 20, 2012 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the first half of this book most. Would read this author again.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Millionaire's Last Stand (Small Town Scandals #1)
  • Liam's Perfect Woman (Home to Harbor Town, #2)
  • Detective Daddy (Situation: Christmas, #1)
  • Kissing Comfort
  • SEALed and Delivered (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Darkness at Dawn
  • Anything But Mine (Hearts of the South, #4)
  • Sabine (And the Beast, #1)
  • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
  • Collision Course (8th Wing #1)
  • Catch Me
  • Who Needs a Hero? (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #0.5)
  • With This Fling
  • The Heart of a Killer (The Killer, #1)
  • Deep Disclosure (A-Tac, #4)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • The Lady's Secret
  • In Seconds (Bulletproof, #2)
Jill Sorenson is the RITA-nominated author of more than a dozen novels, including the Aftershock series with HQN. She lives in the San Diego area with her husband and daughters.