Jump to ratings and reviews
Rate this book
Rate this book
Older, wiser, and more deadly than ever, master assassin Ezio Auditore embarks on an epic journey to find the lost library of Altair—a library that may hold the key to defeating the templars. However, a shocking discovery awaits him....

The library holds not only hidden knowledge but also the most unsettling secret the world has ever known, a secret the Templars hope to use to control humankind's destiny. Five keys are needed to access the library—to find them, Ezio must travel to the troubled city of Constantinople, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilize the Ottoman Empire.

Walking in the footsteps of his predecessor, Altair, Ezio must defeat the Templars for the final time. The stakes have never been higher, and what started as a pilgrimage has become a race against time....

504 pages, Paperback

First published January 1, 2011

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Oliver Bowden

47 books1,039 followers
Anton Gill (aka Oliver Bowden) has been a full-time professional writer since 1984, and in the course of the last 27 years he has published 35 books. Gill was born in Ilford, Essex, the son of a German father and an English mother, and grew up in London. He is an acclaimed novelist and Renaissance historian currently living in Paris, France. Bowden has written novelizations of several of the Assassin's Creed console games.

Oliver Bowden is a pen-name (a pseudonym adopted by the author) in order to hide his true identity. However, his profession and location are accurate.

According to Bowden's interview with UbiWorkshop, he is an avid gamer and gains much of his inspiration for character development throughout the writing process from playing the Assassin's Creed series.

Gill ceased being Oliver Bowden some years back and the author Andrew Holmes (Sleb, 64 Clarke) has published the last six titles of the Assassin's Creed series (The Secret Crusade, Forsaken, Black Flag, Unity, Underworld, and Desert Oath) using this pen-name.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?
Rate this book

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

Community Reviews

5 stars
2,435 (43%)
4 stars
1,781 (31%)
3 stars
1,039 (18%)
2 stars
265 (4%)
1 star
69 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 241 reviews
Profile Image for Ahmad Sharabiani.
9,566 reviews56.5k followers
July 11, 2019
Revelations (Assassin’s Creed #4), Oliver Bowden
The Assassin's Creed series, by Oliver Bowden, Christie Golden, Matthew Kriby and Gordon Doherty is a collection of novels set within the Assassin's Creed video game universe. The books follow various time periods and revolve around the Assassins at war with the Knights Templar. Revelations once again follows Ezio Auditore as he leaves his life behind in search of the truth about the Assassin Order and "those who came before". The resulting journey leads him to Constantinople where a growing army of Byzantine Templars threatens the region. Ezio goes through many obstacles then decides to give up his life as an Assassin to save Desmond. This book was released on 24 November 2011 in the United Kingdom and on 29 November 2011 in the United States.
تاریخ نخستن خوانش: روز بیستم ماه می سال 2015 میلادی
عنوان: فرقه ی اسسین ها کتاب چهارم: مکاشفات (افشاگری‌ها)؛ نویسنده: اولیور باودن؛ مترجم: بهنام حاجی زاده؛ تهران، آذرباد، 1393، در 460 ص؛ شابک: 9786006225418؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان بریتانیایی - سده 21 م
بار دیگر داستان زندگی «اتزیو ادیتوره» را می‌گوید، که زندگی‌ خویش را صرف جستجوی حقیقت دربارهٔ «انجمن اسسین ها» و کسانی که پیشتر آمدند می‌کند. حاصل جریان‌ها او را به قسطنطنیه می‌کشاند؛ جایی که ارتش رو به رشد« تمپلار»های «بیزانس» آن سرزمین را تهدید می‌کند. این کتاب نخستین بار در روز بیست و چهارم ماه نوامبر سال 2011 میلادی در بریتانیا و در روز بیست و نهم ماه نوامبر همان سال در ایالات متحده منتشر شد. نقل از متن: فصل سوم: (فراهم آوردن تدارکات سفر، باقی سال برای «اتزیو» زمان برد و حتی بخشی از سال بعد نیز صرفش شد. به سمت شمال و فلورانس حرکت کرد تا با ماکیاولی مشورت کند، گرچه هر آنچه را که م دانست به او نگفت. در «اوستیا» با «بارتولومئو د الویانو» ملاقات کرد که گرچه شکمش را با خوراک و شراب مرغوب پروار کرده، و مرد زندگی شده بود، اما همان درنده خویی، و انرژی پیشین را داشت. او و «پانتاسیلیا» سه پسر و دختری یک ماهه داشتند. «بارتولومئو» چه گفته بود؟ - «اتزیو»، زمونش رسیده تکونی به خودت بدی! هیچکدوممون قرار نیست جوانتر بشیم. «اتزیو» لبخند زده بود. «بارتو» بیش از آنچه میدانست خوش شانس بود. «اتزیو» افسوس میخورد، که زمان سفر به شمال، و «میلان» را ندارد، اما تسلیحاتش در وضع مناسبی بودند: «تیغه ها، طپانچه، ساعدبند»، و زمانی هم نداشت، تا «لئوناردو» را تحریک به ارتقاء و بهبودشان کند. البته، یکسال پیش «لئوناردو» بعد از آخرین بازدید، و اصلاح تسلیحات، گفته بود که دیگر ورای ارتقاء، و بهبود هستند. دفعه ی بعد که از آنها استفاده میکرد، معلوم میشد. در «فلورانس»، «ماکیاولی» اخبار دیگری نیز به او داد. هنوز نیز هنگام ورود به «فلورانس» احساس غم و اندوه میکرد؛ شهر آکنده از خاطرات خانواده ی از دست رفته، و میراث تباه شده اش بود. عشق از دست رفته اش: اولین و شاید هم تنها عشق حقیقی زندگی اش: «کریستینا کالفوچی» نیز، در میانشان قرار داشت. دوازده سال...؛ آیا واقعاً از زمان مرگش به دست طرفداران معتصب «ساوونارولا»، این همه میگذشت؟ و حال مرگی دیگر، که «ماکیاولی»، با تردید داستانش را برای «اتزیو» گفت. «کاترینا اسفورزا» که هر چقدر «کریستینا» برای زندگی «اتزیو» خیر و برکت به همراه داشت، همان اندازه زندگی اش را تباه کرده، و به تازگی درگذشته بود. پیرزنی چهل و شش ساله، فراموش شده و مفلس، که نیروی حیات، و اعتبارش، مدتها پیش خاموش شده بود. هنگام مرور زندگیش به نتیجه رسید، بهترین مصاحب و همراهی که تا به حال داشته، خودش بوده است. اما زمانی برای اندوه خوردن، یا به فکر فرورفتن نداشت. زمان به سرعت میگذشت، خیلی زود کریسمس از راه رسید، و هنوز کارهای بسیاری باقی مانده بود. سرانجام در اوایل سال نو، و در عید «سنت هیلاری» کاملاً آماده بود، و زمان حرکتش از «رُم»، و از جاده ی «ناپل» به سمت «بندرگاه جنوبیِ باری» مشخص شد؛ گروهی همراهیش میکردند، که «بارتولومئو» ترتیبش را داده بود و خودش هم همراهش میراند.
در «باری» سوار کشتی میشد. و ...)؛ پایان نقل. ا. شربیانی
Profile Image for Gianfranco Mancini.
2,197 reviews755 followers
March 1, 2018


Requiescat in pace

Absolutely not a literary masterpiece at all, but this final novel was just the best one of of the Ezio Auditore trilogy (far better than the previous Altair book for me).
A real action-packed page-turner and the sad ending was a real gut-wrenching one.

Not bad at all for a videogame franchise based reading.
Profile Image for Amir Akbari.
61 reviews12 followers
January 24, 2021
اینم پایان بیش از 40 سال زندگی کردن همراه با اتزیو آودیتوره.و سفر ب اواخر قرن 15 و اوایل قرن 16 و یه تور تکرار نشدنی اونم تو شهرای فلورانس، ونیز، رم، قسطنطنیه و...
Profile Image for Tristan.
47 reviews2 followers
February 23, 2015
As ever Oliver Bowden's style of writing is a joy to read and so simple to follow and take in. Finding an excellent balance between beautiful metaphor and descriptive text and simple plain black and white English we can all understand so well. Whereas lately I've had trouble reading maybe 5-10 pages at a time with Assassin's Creed: Revelations I was able to read 50-100 pages per sitting, and if that's not a testament to it's enjoyability then I don't know what is.

This book is an excellent way to say a fond farewell to Ezio, telling the story of the game Assassin's Creed: Revelations in which the Assassin Mentor travels to the Ottoman Empire and also informing us of Ezio's final years as shown in the short animated film Assassin's Creed: Embers. The story flows excellently with excellent pacing throughout, even when the story jumps backwards and forwards through time the pacing doesn't suffer for it and instead we get a brilliantly fleshed out story that mirrors what the original game wanted to tell.

Everyone who appears in this books is excellently written, each with clear alliances, motives, quirks and behaviours that help to make them distinguishable. We get a chance to learn of people in history that we may have never otherwise discovered and events that took place, and while what caused the events may be fictional as depicted in the book it does still send a small spark to want to go and look just what exactly took place and why they occured.

Something else I will say in praise of this book is that within these pages philosophy and ideology and discussed eloquently and opposing sides of arguments and beliefs are put across superbly. Most charecters within these pages are either brilliantly educated minds or wise old man and so when they debate just what is the best course for the human race (Templars - order vs Assassin's - freedom) we can tell that we are dealing with wise men who hold power because they deserve it or through hard work.

Despite Ezio being much older than when we first meet him we are able to get a better sense of the effects the fights and battles have on him, and thus the fights and conflicts do feel more struggled and dangerous, but we also see the growth in the head of the order as he effortlessly leads the assassin's to victory time and time again. One thing that has come over from the previous book where Ezio was the focus was that we were able to delve into his emotional side, how the waging war, both inside and out were having an effect on him. How his love in the previous book was never fully returned and the huge impact that had on him, and personally I believe letting us see the man as a human being and more than just a man with a single mission is a welcome sight.

All in all I would say that this is a must read for any die hard Assassin's Creed, if not for the story (as I am ware that revelations was not everyone's favourite) then simply because it is the last we see of Ezio, who has grown from a young teenager with nothing but wrath and vengeance on his mind to a wise old man who wishes who had more time. It's a smooth read, easy to pick up and hard to tear away as Bowden effortlessly describes the wonders of the Ottomen cities and all their splendour and filth. The rich smells, the noise of crowds, music and the sea are all made real in our mind thanks to the words put down by the author. It springs to life in the smallest and biggest of places and dimensions in all the right places.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Sladjana Kovacevic.
536 reviews8 followers
February 8, 2021
Ѳℓιѵɛя βσω∂ɛи-𐀁ƨƨαƨƨιи'ƨ cяɛɛ∂-Яɛѵɛℓαтισиƨ
"𝙿𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑,𝚢𝚎𝚜,𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝,𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔."
🇷🇸
✒𝑂𝑐𝑒𝑛𝑎🔟
😇𝑍𝑎 𝑠𝑎𝑑𝑎 𝑛𝑎𝑗𝑏𝑜𝑙𝑗𝑖 𝑑𝑒𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑗𝑎𝑙𝑎.
😇𝐸𝑧𝑖𝑜 𝑢 𝑝𝑜𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑧𝑖 𝑧𝑎 𝑡𝑎𝑗𝑛𝑜𝑚 𝑏𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑘𝑜𝑚.😮
😇𝐼𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑛𝑎 𝑙𝑗𝑢𝑏𝑎𝑣𝑛𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖č𝑎.❤
😇𝐿𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑜,𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑖𝑗𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑖,𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑜 𝑃𝑜𝑙𝑜 ...
😇𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑝𝑖 𝑜𝑝𝑖𝑠𝑖 𝐼𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑏𝑢𝑙𝑎.
😇𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑎,𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑜𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑖 𝑖 𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑜.🍷
😇𝑉𝑒𝑜𝑚𝑎 𝑧𝑎𝑏𝑎𝑣𝑛𝑜 č𝑖𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑗𝑒.
🇺🇸
✒𝓖𝓻𝓪𝓭𝓮🔟
😇𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓼𝓸 𝓯𝓪𝓻 .
😇𝓔𝓼𝓲𝓸 𝓲𝓷 𝓼𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓱 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓮𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓻𝔂.😮
😇𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴𝓰𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭.
😇𝓛𝓮𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓸,𝓜𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓲,𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓸 𝓟𝓸𝓵𝓵𝓸 ...
😇𝓘𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓫𝓾𝓵 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓾𝓽𝓲𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓹𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼.
😇𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮,𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓼,𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓮.🍷
😇𝓥𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰.
Profile Image for Elfeeza Ehsan.
239 reviews4 followers
February 6, 2017
Definitely a page turner after reading book 3 of the Assassin's Creed series. Love this book as much as the last. It gave a good ending to the life of the well-loved Master Assassin and Mentor, Ezio Auditore. It also gave a close to the life of my favourite Master Assassin and Mentor - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad. Two of my favourite Master Assassins in the same book, what more can you ask for? An awesome read for me.
Profile Image for Miia.
3 reviews7 followers
July 6, 2012
Most of the book was, as another reviewer said, written like the writer had been sitting next to a person playing the game and written everything into a book, including the training sessions in Constantinopoli and the pointless running for errands for Sofia. The text broke the illusion of depicting speech of the era or location several times (I doubt that the phrase red herring was known then, incredulous that the Ottoman would replace wine with cranberry juice [with cranberry being fairly arctic and difficult to pick in amounts suited for any scale mass scale juice production and then be transported fresh to Constantinople], talking about four minutes when measuring four minutes in this age of history would have been done by heartbeats or singing and probably not using the word minute at all, etc.. ), and game terminology (Leap of Faith, Eagle Vision) muddled the waters.

Would recommend only if you like the game series' historic scenes (no Desmond at all in the book!) and don't want to or can't play the game itself.
Profile Image for Kasey.
111 reviews3 followers
March 20, 2016
For those of you turned off by Bowden's rather uneducated, for lack of a better word, writing style, I can assure you it is gradually improving, though there are many sentences that simply make me grind my teeth. I am also glad to finally be done with Ezio, as I felt his character has been long overused, but for his fans, fear not, his story ends well.
Profile Image for Dorian Jandreau.
Author 19 books65 followers
November 6, 2017
The trilogy of Ezio Auditore ends here.
The book follows a story of Assassin’s Creed: Revelations video game. Many people don’t the idea of this book because of it’s close relationship with video game, but the series of this author are supposed to be like this. The biggest part of the book is telling the story of Ezio while he was fighting Templars in Constantinople. But the last part of the book is telling the story of Assassin's Creed: Embers, an animated short film created by UbiWorkshop. This short film and the last part of the book tell the story about the last years of Ezio before his death. It was the saddest part, because it put an end to the Ezio Trilogy.

I enjoyed the book quite a lot, but it took me a lot time to finish it because I was interrupted by more important books than this. I’m gonna miss Ezio a lot…. He is my favorite assassin, and this book was very sad.
Profile Image for ضحى الحداد.
Author 3 books618 followers
April 28, 2018
This book marks the end of Ezio's journey through the Assassin's Era, he takes us to Istanbul and Masyaf as learn an important life lesson, the idea of the book was nice but as I see Ezio grow older and weaker I felt so chocked up though I never really liked him .. it is poetic in it's own way but I was mostly sad because I just wanted him to "rest" most of the book
the age gap between him and Sophia was a such a turn off to me, their relationship didn't make sense to me but I guess it worked till the end
The best scene for me is the Zipline scene where Ezio fly through Istanbul with Yusuf .. I felt myself flying with them :))
this book concludes the original story of the Assassin's Creed great mentor Ezio but there are more to come and I will be continuing on with the series
1 review
February 11, 2018
El mejor hasta ahora

De los libros hasta este, es el mejor elaborado, se introduce mejor en los personajes y conmueve al final, buen cierre para la saga Ezio-Altair, mejor que el juego
Profile Image for Cassandra.
79 reviews3 followers
February 21, 2012
Had to read this for work. Not too bad, I didn't get to read the earlier books and I don't play the video games. But the story moved quickly enough on its own.
Profile Image for Mohamed Shoaib.
270 reviews28 followers
April 12, 2017
Finally I'm done with Ezio and his story now let's focus on the kenways'
Profile Image for Jon Borah.
171 reviews2 followers
January 10, 2015

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the thrilling novelisation by Oliver Bowden based on the game series. Older, wiser and more deadly than ever, Master Assassin Ezio Auditore embarks on an epic journey to find the lost library of Altair - a library that may hold the key to defeating the Templars for ever. However, a shocking discovery awaits him. The library holds no only a hidden knowledge but also the most unsettling secret the world has ever known; a secret the Templars hope to use to control humankind's destiny. Five keys are needed to access the library - to find them, Ezio must travel to the troubled city of Constantinople, where a growing army of Templars threaten to estabalize the Ottoman Empire. Walking in the footsteps of his predecessor, Altair, Ezio must defeat the Templars for the final time. For the stakes have never been higher, and what started as a pilgrimage has become a race against time... Assassin's Creed: Revelations is based on the phenomenally successful gaming series. Fans of the game will love these stories. Other titles in the series include Assassin's Creed: Renaissance, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade, and Assassin's Creed: Forsaken. Oliver Bowden is the pen-name of an acclaimed novelist.

Profile Image for Oscar.
43 reviews
February 24, 2012
Assassins Creed Revelations continues the journey of famous assassin Ezio. This time he goes in search of the library of his famous Predessor Altair. However in search of this wonderful treasure he must embark on a troubling quest full of action, bloodshed and all little bit of romance. All that stands in his way of him and this treasure is he keys to open it and the Templar that want to open it.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
14 reviews
April 21, 2016
Before you read this book, MAKE SURE you read The Secret Crusade first. It is a series for a reason.
Oliver Bowden has once again made it hard to put down the book. Although it is but a book, I found myself grown attached to the characters and finding it hard to put down.
Profile Image for Netta.
191 reviews132 followers
July 12, 2019
One star goes for telling the story happily omitted from the game and moving Leo's death scene (frankly, I don't need Bowden's masterly use of words to be moved by that sort of thing, and I definitely have a soft spot for AC Leonardo).

description
Profile Image for Grace.
324 reviews
September 12, 2021
Revelations is great conclusion to Ezio Auditore's journey as an assassin. It is predominately set in Istanbul, where Ezio is trying to find the locations of five keys to unlock the library of Altair, the master assassin. An exciting book which keeps you reading.
Profile Image for Stella 曉櫻.
38 reviews
April 9, 2020
Many years have passed and still the memories are not forgotten, the wounds are still open and the scars shine like silver. He is weary, not because he is tired, but because it has been enough for one life and yet, Ezio still has many questions and no answers. To find clarity and the wisdom he has been seeking all his life, he must set out on a last journey for Masyaf, a castle which was home for the Assassins for almost 300 years, now taken by a host of eager Templars.

Beneath the stones of this Castle there is said to be a library, a sanctum full of invaluable wisdom left by the great Master Assassin, Altaïr. Would it be true? What would he find when he arrives there? Will he find the wisdom and clarity he has been drawn forward to? Or would his skill fail him or his ambition lead him astray?

Ezio will find a strange truth, something that eludes our understanding, something beyond the treasure we expect to find there. Maybe he will have the answers to all the questions he has asked and maybe all his suffering will worth something in the end.

“When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it; I had time, but I did not know it; and I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. But now, in the twilight of my life this understanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty and time, now so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love most specially, mio caro” (Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Revelations).
32 reviews1 follower
May 15, 2012
Assassin’s creed by Oliver Bowden

The book is about Eizo Auditore master assassins who embarks on a journey to find the hidden knowledge and a unsettiling secret of libary

The best bit of the is on page 23 when Claudia says something funny but I’m not going to tell you because that would spoil the book

I would recommend the assassins creed books to assassin creed fans if you like the game you will love the book the book is for boys ranging from 12 to 17
I love the books and the games so you will too

every book has a bad side to it even assassins creed and here it is

The book has good and bad sides the bad side is that the is a page full of swearing and the story line is really bad and there is no real excitement or adventure and the characters have no personality
And the story was really bad and the main character is not really the main character the main characters are the people that tell him where the keys to the library and the secret of the llibary

by chris 7l2

Profile Image for Brad Zimmerman.
36 reviews2 followers
October 3, 2012
I absolutely loved this book!

I know that it's not (in terms of good literature) what many would call a great novel. But for a novelisation of a video game, it is surely a master work.

Yes, I noticed errors along the way, and a couple of things that just don't quite work. But that didn't stop me sinking right into the story and falling madly in love with the adventure and life of the protaganist, Ezio Auditore.

Revelations is the fourth in the book series (the third and final concerning Ezio). After having read all of the previous books in the series, I can honestly say Revelations exquisitely tied everything up and even jerked a few tears in the process.

If you want a literary classic, which will have scholars yammering on for centuries, this isn't it. But if you want a fun read, and characters that will draw you into their lives if you invest in them... you won't be disappointed. (Also, you might learn a little bit about real historical figures and events).
Profile Image for Sean Goh.
1,473 reviews83 followers
December 27, 2016
So-so writing, but rather faithful (really, Bowden got everything, including the tutorial) adaptation of what happened in the game (plus a epilogue of sorts).

Still, some nice lines inside:
___________
No man should pass from this would without knowing some kindness, some chance of redemption.

How can I regret the only life I have ever known?

A wounded heart sees all wisdom as the point of a knife.

Ezio: We may be walking to our doom, Maria.
Maria: We may. But we walk together.

I have not lived long, but I've loved long enough to know that the world is a tapestry of many colours and patterns. A just leader would seek to celebrate this, not unravel it.
He fears the disorder that comes from differences.
That is why we make laws to live by - a kanun that applies to all in equal measure.

Sofia: I have learned that there is a life outside books.
Ezio: All life is outside books.
S: Spoken like a true scholar!
E: Life enters books. It isn't the other way around.
6 reviews
June 5, 2015
It is a great book but i think it will be bettter if it is longer. It should be one more book between brotherhood and Revelations.It is a complicated story but i will explain my best.

His quest in this book is about discovering more about Altair, a mentor of the Assasins.His adventure taking place in constantinople.

Edzio got a memory of Altiar that helps him to find masyaf keys to destroy apple of Eden. Apple if Eden is something that can harms people minds .Not only Altiars memory but also local people such us Yasuf Tazim, Prince Suileman. He had to fight templars and Byzantines to get masyaf Keys.

You will barely understand if u dont read the brotherhood before revelations.
Profile Image for Harry.
33 reviews
April 30, 2018
"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment.

Love, liberty, and time: once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially, mio caro. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. And for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing. Endless affection, mia Sofia.

Forever yours,
Ezio Auditore."
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Oliver Bensryd.
1 review1 follower
April 14, 2014
upon the golden shores of Istanbul Ezio's story comes to a satisfying end with good characters and a few good twists and turns in the story.
his long quest will lead him fron Masyaf to Istanbul in search of the keys needed to unlock Altair's library and he will meet new friends and enemies. and as a fan of both the books and games i very much recommend this book to all lovers of a good story.
Profile Image for William.
4 reviews1 follower
August 25, 2016
What I think of this book, is pretty nice but, my favorite one is the black flag. I wish there is more books coming out soon also games. I like those books that includes adventure and killing cause it just sounds boring without those.
Profile Image for Marianne.
15 reviews7 followers
October 20, 2013
I really liked this. To give this book a fair critique I think you need to be able to take this book for what it is a book based on a video game. Keeping that in mind made this book really enjoyable
October 4, 2016
I enjoyed this book. for me it gave more depth to Ezio. I like how it stayed close to the game but also showed more character development, especially the relationship between Ezio and Sophia.
Profile Image for Michał Hołda .
354 reviews35 followers
November 22, 2021
Its aboiut Ezio Auditore going in footsteps of Altaïr and regarding the library, 1511. The library of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad was a hidden chamber beneath the fortress of Masyaf. It was rumored to have contained hundreds of books and the wisdom gained from the Apple of Eden by the legendary Assassin Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad

Near the end of his life, Altaïr built a vault underneath the Assassins' base in Masyaf to store his knowledge, as well as his most powerful artifact, the Apple of Eden, before sealing himself inside with it.

Desiring this wisdom, the woman eats the forbidden fruit and gives some to the man who also eats it. They become aware of their "nakedness" and make fig-leaf clothes, and hide themselves when God approaches.

Perhaps this wisdom is about womb, cup of womanhood,holly grail, full of ambrosia love, that perhaps made Altaïr constantly drunken from loving a woman when he closed himself in the library. Its like spirit to spirit, so these who are single can still be married before God, its just nobody else knows this, that they are together.

And there is my way of thing. When and if I fall in love with the woman, ther is no way, I just love her. And before God we are alredy togther, even when she dosn't respond to my meseges and ignores me, braiking my heart into cold ash.

Again, no fun reading it.
Profile Image for João Batista.
330 reviews
March 9, 2019
Com uma escrita eletrizante, descrições das ações do jogo com mesmo título, desde a batalha sangrenta de Ezio Auditore conta inúmeros inimigos na antiga fortaleza de Masyaf; mas também há cenas não mostradas no jogo, além de referências a outros da franquia. Em meio a otomanos e bizantinos, Ezio terá de ser Mentor e aprendiz com ajuda da Irmandade de Instan-bol ou Constantinopla, porém com cuidado ao entrar no jogo político do Império. Até temos uma referência ao combate das forças do neto de Gengis Khan (cap. 67) e comparável ao narrado em O Conquistador, de Conn Iggulden. Erasmo de Roterdã e Ludovico Ariosto como Assassinos?
“Cela” não é de cavalos, Editora Record! Que tal contratar bons revisores?
Citação: “A liberdade pode ser desordenada, mas é inestimável.”
Displaying 1 - 30 of 241 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.