Start by marking “Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Assassin's Creed, #4)” as Want to Read:
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Assassin's Creed, #4)

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

(Assassin's Creed #4)

OLDER, WISER, AND MORE DEADLY THAN EVER, MASTER ASSASSIN EZIO AUDITORE EMBARKS ON AN EPIC JOURNEY TO FIND THE LOST LIBRARY OF ALTAIR - A LIBRARY THAT MAY HOLD THE KEY TO DEFEATING THE TEMPLARS. HOWEVER, A SHOCKING DISCOVERY AWAITS HIM.

The library holds not only hidden knowledge but also the most unsettling secret the world has ever known, a secret the Templars hope to use
Published November 29th 2011 by Ace Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Assassin's Creed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Assassin's Creed

Start your review of Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Assassin's Creed, #4)
Ahmad Sharabiani
Revelations (Assassin’s Creed #4), Oliver Bowden
The Assassin's Creed series, by Oliver Bowden, Christie Golden, Matthew Kriby and Gordon Doherty is a collection of novels set within the Assassin's Creed video game universe. The books follow various time periods and revolve around the Assassins at war with the Knights Templar. Revelations once again follows Ezio Auditore as he leaves his life behind in search of the truth about the Assassin Order and "those who came before". The resulting journey
Tristan
Jul 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Gianfranco Mancini

Requiescat in pace

Absolutely not a literary masterpiece at all, but this final novel was just the best one of of the Ezio Auditore trilogy (far better than the previous Altair book for me).
A real action-packed page-turner and the sad ending was a real gut-wrenching one.

Not bad at all for a videogame franchise based reading.
Elfeeza Ul Haq
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a page turner after reading book 3 of the Assassin's Creed series. Love this book as much as the last. It gave a good ending to the life of the well-loved Master Assassin and Mentor, Ezio Auditore. It also gave a close to the life of my favourite Master Assassin and Mentor - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad. Two of my favourite Master Assassins in the same book, what more can you ask for? An awesome read for me.
Kasey
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
For those of you turned off by Bowden's rather uneducated, for lack of a better word, writing style, I can assure you it is gradually improving, though there are many sentences that simply make me grind my teeth. I am also glad to finally be done with Ezio, as I felt his character has been long overused, but for his fans, fear not, his story ends well.
Miia
Jul 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Most of the book was, as another reviewer said, written like the writer had been sitting next to a person playing the game and written everything into a book, including the training sessions in Constantinopoli and the pointless running for errands for Sofia. The text broke the illusion of depicting speech of the era or location several times (I doubt that the phrase red herring was known then, incredulous that the Ottoman would replace wine with cranberry juice [with cranberry being fairly ...more
ضحى الحداد
This book marks the end of Ezio's journey through the Assassin's Era, he takes us to Istanbul and Masyaf as learn an important life lesson, the idea of the book was nice but as I see Ezio grow older and weaker I felt so chocked up though I never really liked him .. it is poetic in it's own way but I was mostly sad because I just wanted him to "rest" most of the book
the age gap between him and Sophia was a such a turn off to me, their relationship didn't make sense to me but I guess it worked
Cassandra
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Had to read this for work. Not too bad, I didn't get to read the earlier books and I don't play the video games. But the story moved quickly enough on its own.
Mohamed Shoaib
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally I'm done with Ezio and his story now let's focus on the kenways'
Dorian Jandreau
The trilogy of Ezio Auditore ends here.
The book follows a story of Assassin’s Creed: Revelations video game. Many people don’t the idea of this book because of it’s close relationship with video game, but the series of this author are supposed to be like this. The biggest part of the book is telling the story of Ezio while he was fighting Templars in Constantinople. But the last part of the book is telling the story of Assassin's Creed: Embers, an animated short film created by UbiWorkshop.
Netta
Jul 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-2019, leonardo
One star goes for telling the story happily omitted from the game and moving Leo's death scene (frankly, I don't need Bowden's masterly use of words to be moved by that sort of thing, and I definitely have a soft spot for AC Leonardo).

description
Jon Borah
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the thrilling novelisation by Oliver Bowden based on the game series. Older, wiser and more deadly than ever, Master Assassin Ezio Auditore embarks on an epic journey to find the lost library of Altair - a library that may hold the key to defeating the Templars for ever. However, a shocking discovery awaits him. The library holds no only a hidden knowledge but also the most unsettling secret the world has ever known; a secret the Templars hope to use to control

Oscar
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Artzy
Apr 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Before you read this book, MAKE SURE you read The Secret Crusade first. It is a series for a reason.
Oliver Bowden has once again made it hard to put down the book. Although it is but a book, I found myself grown attached to the characters and finding it hard to put down.
Jed
Jul 03, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jed by: Amazon.com
I love the Assassin'a Creed franchise. It's one of the only games, other than Batman, that emphasizes stealth and badassery equally and I dig that. This is my first AC book, but I am an avid sci-fi and fantasy reader so I'm used to a story needing some setup. Revelations simply did not live up to my expectations.

The book is separated into three acts and they generally follow: Act I, how Ezio gets to the new city and who he meets; Act II, the adventure; Act III, the epilogue. Act I is a little
Rob
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I have to say that initially I was skeptical about how a video game and novel tie-in would work. Let's just say that my skepticism was unwarranted. I loved this book.

Admittedly, I join the Assassin's Creed books a little late in the series but I have already developed a liking for the character of Ezio Auditore through the video games themselves. Interestingly, I've yet to play the Revelations game but I'm really looking forward to it now!

This tale is told a little later on in Ezio's life and
7l2
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Assassin’s creed by Oliver Bowden

The book is about Eizo Auditore master assassins who embarks on a journey to find the hidden knowledge and a unsettiling secret of libary

The best bit of the is on page 23 when Claudia says something funny but I’m not going to tell you because that would spoil the book

I would recommend the assassins creed books to assassin creed fans if you like the game you will love the book the book is for boys ranging from 12 to 17
I love the books and the games so you will
Sean Goh
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
So-so writing, but rather faithful (really, Bowden got everything, including the tutorial) adaptation of what happened in the game (plus a epilogue of sorts).

Still, some nice lines inside:
___________
No man should pass from this would without knowing some kindness, some chance of redemption.

How can I regret the only life I have ever known?

A wounded heart sees all wisdom as the point of a knife.

Ezio: We may be walking to our doom, Maria.
Maria: We may. But we walk together.

I have not lived
Brad Zimmerman
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-read
I absolutely loved this book!

I know that it's not (in terms of good literature) what many would call a great novel. But for a novelisation of a video game, it is surely a master work.

Yes, I noticed errors along the way, and a couple of things that just don't quite work. But that didn't stop me sinking right into the story and falling madly in love with the adventure and life of the protaganist, Ezio Auditore.

Revelations is the fourth in the book series (the third and final concerning Ezio).
Harry
Jul 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Tay Za
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
It is a great book but i think it will be bettter if it is longer. It should be one more book between brotherhood and Revelations.It is a complicated story but i will explain my best.

His quest in this book is about discovering more about Altair, a mentor of the Assasins.His adventure taking place in constantinople.

Edzio got a memory of Altiar that helps him to find masyaf keys to destroy apple of Eden. Apple if Eden is something that can harms people minds .Not only Altiars memory but also local
Oliver Bensryd
Apr 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
upon the golden shores of Istanbul Ezio's story comes to a satisfying end with good characters and a few good twists and turns in the story.
his long quest will lead him fron Masyaf to Istanbul in search of the keys needed to unlock Altair's library and he will meet new friends and enemies. and as a fan of both the books and games i very much recommend this book to all lovers of a good story.
William
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
What I think of this book, is pretty nice but, my favorite one is the black flag. I wish there is more books coming out soon also games. I like those books that includes adventure and killing cause it just sounds boring without those.
Zac
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful conclusion of Ezio's story. I fell in-love with the game but the books brought it to a new level. I would recommend this series to anyone. You don't have to know anything about the game to enjoy this series.
Baptiste
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Chayut
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is about the assassin that try to kill some important people that is bad. My favorite character is the assassin because he did all of this because of the justice.
Mrs Nicola Robertson
I enjoyed this book. for me it gave more depth to Ezio. I like how it stayed close to the game but also showed more character development, especially the relationship between Ezio and Sophia.
Marianne
Oct 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this. To give this book a fair critique I think you need to be able to take this book for what it is a book based on a video game. Keeping that in mind made this book really enjoyable
Samuel Hoke
Feb 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
I played this game and i really liked it, i was thinking if there was a book about it and one day my brother bought this book and i read it, i really liked it but i think the game was better
Kelly
Apr 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody.
Shelves: did-not-fiinish
How do you make Assassin's Creed bad? How do you make Assassin's Creed boring? How do you take a franchise that iconic and make a gamer cringe at the name Ezio Auditore da Firenze?

Ask Oliver Bowden.

Given its apparent accuracy to the game (it's been a long time, and I didn't read too far), it just goes to show that style will make or break a story, and Bowden regrettably has none. From the first over-described fight scene to the telling slog that follows, there is nothing redeeming about this
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Books to combine 3 26 Feb 10, 2016 01:34PM

• The Invisible Imam (Assassin's Creed, #1)
  • Desmond (Assassin's Creed, #1)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Chain
  • Assassin's Creed: The Fall
  • Last Descendants (Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants #1)
  • God of War
  • Assassin's Creed: The Official Movie Novelization
  • Tomb of the Khan (Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants #2)
  • Assassin's Creed Subject 4
  • Assassin's Creed: Limited Edition Art Book
  • Fate of the Gods (Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants, #3)
  • Dead Space: Martyr (Dead Space, #1)
  • A Batalha do Apocalipse
  • BioShock: Rapture
  • Artemis Fowl Collection (Artemis Fowl, #1-7)
  • The War of the Wizards (Forgotten Forest)
  • The Vampire's Photograph (Oliver Nocturne, #1)
  • Skyggeporten
Anton Gill (aka Oliver Bowden) has been a full-time professional writer since 1984, and in the course of the last 27 years he has published 35 books. Gill was born in Ilford, Essex, the son of a German father and an English mother, and grew up in London. He is an acclaimed novelist and Renaissance historian currently living in Paris, France. Bowden has written novelizations of several of the ...more

Assassin's Creed (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Assassin's Creed: Renaissance (Assassin's Creed, #1)
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Assassin's Creed, #2)
  • Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade (Assassin's Creed, #3)
  • Assassin's Creed: Forsaken (Assassin's Creed, #5)
  • Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (Assassin's Creed, #6)
  • Assassin's Creed: Unity (Assassin's Creed, #7)
  • Assassin's Creed: Underworld (Assassin's Creed, #8)
  • Assassin's Creed: Heresy (Assassin's Creed, #9)
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey (The Official Novelization)
  • Assassin's Creed: L'Intégrale (Assassin's Creed, #1-8)
“Death doesn’t wait for you to finish a book.” “Then read what you can, while you can.” 23 likes
“How naïve to believe that there might be a single answer to every question. Every mystery. That there exists a lone, divine light that rules over everything. They say it is a light that brings truth and love. I say it is a light that blinds us—and forces us to stumble about in ignorance. I long for the day when men will turn away from invisible monsters, and once more embrace a more rational view of the world. But these new religions are so convenient—and promise such terrible punishment should one reject them—I worry that fear shall keep us stuck to what is truly the greatest lie ever told . . .” 12 likes