Start by marking “Hairy, Horny, and Over Here” as Want to Read:
Hairy, Horny, and Over Here

Hairy, Horny, and Over Here

3.16  ·  Rating details ·  180 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Part of the First Time For Everything Daily Dose 2011 collection

Photographer Ethan is pretty sure there’s no such thing as a jackalope—every bunny he’s ever seen has been a cute little furry thing, not a dangerous, horned beastie. But somehow he finds himself dragged into Parkhurst Forest to look for them by big, tough hunter Logan, who drives Ethan mad with continual comm
Published June 1st 2011 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Hairy, Horny, and Over Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hairy, Horny, and Over Here

Britta ★ Nachteule ★

A bit strange but funny!
Serena Yates
Jun 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
This is such a funny story! From the banter between Ethan and Logan, to the storyline and the ending, this is a real hoot. Ethan's perspective on things is just hilarious, and the way he deals with the wild and dangerous jackalopes is just too cute.

If you like heroes who come from opposite ends of the spectrum and don't immediately fall into each other's arms and if you appreciate some humor in your stories, you will probably like this book.
Kassa
Oct 28, 2011 rated it liked it
I got this one because it was by JL Merrow and I’ve yet to find a book of hers that I don’t laugh out loud while reading. Well I didn’t exactly laugh out loud at this one but I adore the ending and the story is cute and fun. It’s a throwaway in that it’s not one I’d remember exactly and there isn’t much to the story but it’s fun, easy to read, and enjoyable so worth the few bucks.

The short story jumps right into the action with British photographer Ethan out in the woods with an American huntin
Dee Wy
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
When JL Merrow sets out to write a funny story she always succeeds with me. This one was a bit weird with mythical animals, but the humor was spot on.
OkayKim
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Omg! what a bunny tail!!! I mean funny tale. Love the satire. Kind of reminds me of an old b movie called "Night of the Lupine".
Trio
It was okay - a fun, short read.
Tam
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When you need something to lighten your day and your mood, this delightful gem in a perfect choice. It is over the top, it plays on some stereotypes like the big bad American gun lover and made me laugh out loud in my office at lunch time.

Logan was one of those American archetypes that makes you crazy. Big, brash, sure he’s always right, and that the US of A knows how to do it right, and everyone else is just beneath him. I know it’s a stereotype and certainly not true, but the character just ma
Raganna
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
And here I always thougt Jackalope is the translation for Wolpertinger
Good thing I read JL Merrow's wonderful and cute short story because now I see that I was sadly mistaken, these two are totally different species. The Jackalopes seem rather nice and cuddly by comparison.
Unfortunately my field trip next week will take me to the Thuringian Forest which is the home of the "Rasselbock" which is a dangerous hybrid of the former two animals. I need to find someone like Logan to accompany me ;)

Th
Elin
Ethan the British photographer is accompanying Logan the American tough hunter when he is searching for the mysterious Jackalopes (homicidal bunnies with horns) on the Isle of Wight.

(view spoiler)
Meep
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone wanting a giggle
Shelves: light-fun-read
Um, what to say...

I can't really argue that it's a good book, but it is cheap and it genuinely had me in giggles.

I liked the banter between the two main characters but really the story is too short to get a connection to either, and I didn't feel any chemistry between them. It went from ambiguous to lust in a blinking and isn't convincing as a romance, though the ending can be read as HEA (if like me that's something you value).

It works as a comic book romp about the woods, Blackadder references
Susana
Nov 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Ethan, a dainty British photographer, and Logan, a manly American hunter, set out in Parkhurst Forest in search of the mythical jackalope, Ethan is quite sceptical about possible threat in their quest… though a dangerous runaway criminal may change his perspective. Fortunately, fluffy killers and a worried Logan come to his rescue…
This was good. So good. Funny, and sexy, and cute and hilarious. I’m still laughing. A short story to cheer up any gloomy mood.
Chris
Jun 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Very funny m/m story about a photographer and a hunter out looking for jackalopes in the woods on the Isle of Wight. I'd suggest reading this book in conjunction with I'll Tell You a Secret, Jackalope. :)
Mandapanda
Jun 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Very, very funny story of Logan, a gruff, rootin', shootin' Yankee who is hunting for Jackalopes on the Isle of Wight. Ethan is his rather sceptical (although very attracted!) guide. This tongue-in-cheek romance is full of one-liners and wit. Loved it!
Adara
May 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
Strange little story was not my thing. Two guys out hunting jackalopes and run into them and an escaped convict. I had no idea where this story was headed and wasn't thrilled when I got there. I didn't connect with the main characters. The most amusing part was the jackalope at the end. Just didn't do it for me.
Lillian Francis
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Less romance and more gay screwball comedy meets Marx Bros meets Monty Python with some Warner Bros cartoon action thrown in for good measure. Full of JL Merrow's trademark humour and some lines that made me laugh out loud.
A short story that will bring a smile to your face.
Omega696
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was such a silly, hilarious and caricatural. And I had great time reading it. Even if main characters didn't really feel like potential lovers, their banter was amusing. (view spoiler)
Sadonna
Jun 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
OMG. This was HILARIOUS! The whole Jackalope thing was hysterical - the "bunny whisperer," the American hunter, etc. Brilliant.
Lois - Who Reads
This is an odd little book, but it was really fun.
Kallunnah
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
this one is just previous. a short story that is whimsical, fun and unabashedly sweet.
Tiya Rosa
Sex in the forest. Killer rabbits. An escaped prisoner. Monty Python reference. Bunny Whisperer.

Hilarious and erotic as per usual, Ms. Merrow.
deedee
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-reads
Didn't really enjoy this much....
Jess
Feb 18, 2013 added it
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm I am not sure what to say
elstaffe
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is up there with the otter-shifter book I read recently for ridiculosity. Highly amused.
Chica99
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really funny Story, I don't think the humor is for everybody, but for a Dutch like me... It's great.
Rachel Emily
Funny short story! You know it's going to be a funny one with jackolopes and images of Monty Python in your head!
Merith
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Such a funny short! You know it's going to be silly from the word "jack-a-lope", and images of Tim and the Holy Grail pop in your head.
melek
out to find a creature of some and then some. still not sure of this one still
Eli Easton
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jl-merrow
Loved it! I laughed out loud through most of it and underlined like a fiend. I adore J.L. Merrow's sense of humor. Fantastic quick read.
Liz (Bugetta)
This was a very silly story. Enjoyed it for it's silliness but not really as a romance.
Tj
Jun 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Funny short story. Well written but not real deep and not much to the story. It was a rather humorous story though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Cherries on Top
  • Happy Birthday to Me (Task Force Iota #2.5)
  • Just-You Eyes
  • Chasing Alex
  • Between Friends
  • The Tradesman's Entrance
  • We're Both Straight, Right?
  • First Impressions (First Impressions, #1)
  • Do-over
  • Letting Go
  • Custom Christmas (Custom Ride, #1.1)
  • Inside Out (PsyCop, #0.1)
  • Few Are Chosen
  • Sindustry
  • Talk To Me
  • Hell Cop 2
  • Unwind
  • Caged
JL Merrow is that rare beast, an English person who refuses to drink tea. She read Natural Sciences at Cambridge, where she learned many things, chief amongst which was that she never wanted to see the inside of a lab ever again. Her one regret is that she never mastered the ability of punting one-handed whilst holding a glass of champagne.

She writes across genres, with a preference for contempora
More about J.L. Merrow...