Start by marking “Chaos in Death (In Death #33.5)” as Want to Read:
Chaos in Death (In Death #33.5)

Chaos in Death (In Death #33.5)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  5,960 Ratings  ·  211 Reviews
Eve Dallas is the tough lieutenant hot on his trail, but this is unlike any case she’s ever been assigned—or any killer she’s ever pursued. A police sketch based on eye-witness testimony reveals the killer has green skin, swollen red eyes, goblin ears, and a dislocated jaw-structure that defies the human form. Is it a mask? Is it make-up? Or is the explanation more siniste ...more
Audio CD, Unabridged, 4 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2011)

Shawna
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cop-bodyguard-govop-merc-military, romantic-suspense, horror-mystery-suspense-thrillers, author-nora-roberts-jd-robb, hero-im-gaga-over, hero-abused-scarred-tortured-angst, favorite-romance-series, heroine-abused-traumatic-past-rape, hero-i-wanna-marry, scifi-futuristic-fantasy-misc-pnr, favorite-romance-couple-hh-pairings, series-in-death, heroine-kickass-spirited-strong, hero-commoner-self-made, married-couples-married-convenience, heroine-tomboy-lady-in-pants, hero-attractive-handsome-heartthrob, 3-stars, hh-post-traumatic-stress-disorder, hh-rags-to-riches, hero-daddy-warbucks-wealthy, hero-too-yummy-perfect-to-be-true, hero-besotted-so-smitten-its-sexy, hero-or-heroine-or-setting-irish, mystery-intrigue-espionage-subplot, heroine-miss-independent, a-all-time-favorite-heroine, a-all-time-favorite-hero, hero-entrepreneur-mogul-tycoon-ceo, violence-not-for-the-faint-hearted, villain-creepy-azz-killer, villain-uber-bad-nasty, hero-sharp-dressed-man, hero-hot-car-sexy-costly-ride, heroine-sassy-full-of-attitude, all-work-no-play-on-the-job-romance, hero-my-romancelandia-husband-harem, hero-sexy-suit-tie-wearing-bad-boy, hh-same-couple-trilogy-or-series, hero-protective, hero-business-owner, dark-twisted-disturbing-gritty, hero-husband-worthy-swoonalicious, dark-suspense, a-all-time-favorite-hh-couples, hero-uber-filthy-rich-bazillionaire, hero-poor-lower-class-background, heroine-uber-damaged-scarred, 2017-reads, heroine-cynical, crime-mystery-suspense-thriller-fic, fave-hero-ever-marry-me-roarke, best-fave-brilliant-worldbuilding, hh-reformed-prior-crime-law-trouble
3 stars - Futuristic/Romantic Suspense/Mystery/Crime/Science Fiction/Thriller Novella

“A man of amazing sexual prowess, great sensitivity, stupendous abs, and the face of an angel. Toss in a wicked sense of humor and stupendous wealth, who adores the very ground I walk on. Oh wait, you already have him.”

Nadine had been right, Eve thought, in her summary of him. Oh, she’d left a few things out, but all in all. He did have the face of an angel, a fallen one, with the wings well-singed, but that onl
⚜️Trea
This was a very disturbing installment in the series. It directly follows the events in New York to Dallas, and we get to see how Eve is coming along in her recovery from those events. The premise had kind of been done before, and was likened to a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde type of scenario. Overall, I think it was a necessary installment, but I feel it could have been refined a bit more.
Thenia
Jul 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another weird case for Eve and the gang, involving a demonic-looking, insane killer, scientists and former junkies.

People can do stupid things for stupid reasons and even experienced, tough cops, who think they've seen it all can be surprised.

Enjoyable as always.

Next comes Celebrity in Death where a movie based on one of Eve's investigations premieres!
Belles
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love the characters in this series, but I thought the premise of this one was stupid.
Vfields Don't touch my happy!
It was Fun, fun, fun.
I'm in Love, love, love.
I want More, more, more!!!
Andree
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
So, this was too far on the sci-fi end for me. The actual mechanics behind the case were eye-rolly (view spoiler).

However, I'm giving three stars because I feel like all the character reactions post from New York to Dallas are spot on in this. So, good character work, terrible case work.
Lyndi
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I dunno if I've ever rated an In Death story as less than 4 stars before... (Note: Apparently I have twice before.)

This story was probably best served as a .5 instead of being given the full-length novel treatment. But I wish it had been a liiittle bit longer. I felt like most of the time, there was more confusion than suspense. It's all very science-related, but there's no actual science - that's where this story loses 2 stars in its rating. Every suspect is a scientist, there are experimental
Kara-karina
This was a fun take on Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. short and gross, it would have been a perfect plot for a cheesy horror b-movie. I enjoyed reading how Eve in her usual unflappable manner went about apprehending the killer.
* * *
Это был интересный пересказ Доктора Джекилла и Мистера Хайда. Мрачноватый, кровавый и идеально подходящий для дешёвого комедийного фильма ужасов. Я с удовольствием читала, как Ив в типичной для неё невозмутимой манере арестовывала убийцу.
MountainKat
It is always nice to visit Roarke and Eve again! And especially good when I've been struggling with books/narration that wasn't working well for me. The novellas are not as intense or emotional as the full length novels and this fit that pattern. This was simple, yet enjoyable Jekyll and Hyde type story made better by Roarke, Eve and Peabody too.

I listened to the audio and was delighted by Susan Ericksen's performance - as usual!
Tina
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a neat little whodunnit and how-dunnit.

Three recovering addicts who are really turning their lives around are found brutally murdered in their apartment. Eve catches the case. The weird thing is the eye-witness describes the killer as a green skinned, red-eyed monster who capered and danced up the street after the murders. He leaves behind a message on the wall of the house inscribed in the victims' blood and signs it 'Dr. Chaos.'

This leads Eve and her team to a prominent rehab clinic a
J.D. Robb : Chaos in Death (Spoiler Zone) 42 129 Jan 16, 2017 11:56AM
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Chaos In Death (June 2015) - Spoiler Zone 20 13 Jun 21, 2015 02:24AM
  • Remember When (In Death, #17.5)
  • Only Survivors Tell Tales
  • Naked Came the Phoenix
  • Dark Light (Ghost Hunters, #5)
  • Festive in Death: by JD Robb | Summary & Analysis
  • Alien vs. Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #6)
  • Ice Storm (Ice, #4)
  • Don't Look Down (Samantha Jellicoe, #2)
  • Captured by Moonlight (Moonlight, #3)
  • Payment in Kind (J.P. Beaumont, #9)
  • The First Mistake (Cleo North #1)
  • Vortex (Cutter Cay, #3)
  • Flashover (Georgia Skeehan, #2)
  • Fatal Justice (Fatal, #2)
  • Spin Out (Deputy Joe, #2)
  • Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Rescues, #3)
  • Born to Darkness (Fighting Destiny, #1)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Secrets in Death, on sale September 2017, is the 45th e ...more
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
“Eve: "What do you want?"
Nadine: "A man of amazing sexual prowess, great sensitivity, stupendous abs, and the face of an angel. Toss in a wicked sense of humor and stupendous wealth, who adores the very ground I walk on. Oh wait, you already have him.”
20 likes