Start by marking “Starblood” as Want to Read:

Starblood

Lust, obsession, terror and humiliation storm into the lives of Star and Satori, proving the age-old maxim – be careful what you wish for.

Starblood, the debut novel by Carmilla Voiez, is a tal
Kindle Edition
Published May 19th 2011 by Stone Circle Publishing Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Starblood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starblood

Carmilla Voiez
Jun 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Carmilla Voiez won HFA's Horror Author of the Year 2013 for this book. Starblood was also nominated for the Commonwealth Book Prize (2012).

I have to admit to a certain level of bias with this my first Goodreads recommendation. I wrote Starblood. In spite of the fact that I have now read it hundreds of times I love the story and characters. It's a dark fantasy/erotic horror novel about a group of friends and a 4,000 year old demon.

"Chapter 1 - Invocation

Satori stands in the centre of his bedroom
Chelle
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Satori is a young and arrogant magician. Weaving a ritual to summon the power to bring his love back to him, things go terribly wrong. He summons Lilith upon the world and has no means to control her. In his arrogance he tries to find a way to send her back, but the learning could take to long to save all those he cares about as Lilith unleashes her need for sex and death upon the world.

Star the love of Satori's life. Lives a life denying part of herself and her true being. As the dangers around
Patricia
Dec 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i have been sitting here trying to figure out what it is i want to say about this book....and all i can come up with is, i loved it!!!! carmilla is an author who is new to me, and i can't wait to follow her writings. from page 1, she had my full attention. definitely reading book 2.
only thing that could have made me love this even more was if carmilla had givin me a playlist to listen to while reading,lol.
Graeme Findlay
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Excellent book. Strong characters, believable storyline, well realised. A couple of places were a little confusing without at least a vague understanding of witchcraft, demonology (me = ignorant novice) but the book gives a fascinating lead into such a world, excellent action scenes and very subtle love scenes.

I look forward to Carmilla's follow-up novel soon.
Paul Grover
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Starblood is the story of a group of Goths and pivots on the relationship between Star (Sarah) and Satori (Steve).
After Star breaks up with Satori, he is determined to win her back.  As a practitioner of magic he attempts to summon a powerful entity to aid him in his quest. If I were honest. Interflora might have been a more practical option, but that's not Satori's style.

During his ritual he attracts the attention of Lilith, the mother of demons and the story’s primary antagonist.
The stage is s
Ken Ward
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the book. The characters were very strong and I felt it was easy to get to know them. This is the first book I have read by Carmilla but am now looking forward to reading more. The degree of description was just right and it allows the reader to form their own pictures of what is happening as the story progresses.
Heidi
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book from its Author for an honest review.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started reading this story and soon found myself immersed into the world of a tragic Goth love story reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet that left me spellbound. The Author creates a vivid world of characters that come alive as you walk beside them into their Goth world full of love, hate, eroticism and magic. We see each of their lives is touch by none other then Lilith, a Demon, who was once Adam's
Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, arc-s
Holy crap, I loved it!

Starblood is frightening wicked, it sinks it's teeth into you from the very first chapter, and never lets go. It has everything you need and want in a novel. There are rituals, spells, gothic, oh how I loved the goth, erotic, sexiness, oh and it has Lilith, now she is my kind of women.
You need to be reading this novel.

I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Amy
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read Starblood the Complete Triology but this was wonderful and to read this has made this one of my favorite books. I was so impressed with reading this book it only took me a days to read because it took me with her on this journey with Lillith and Satori. I do not give any give any spoilers in any of my reviews but I must tell you to run and buy this book immediately. It was beautiful, magical, and one amazing ride!!!
Lord Michael
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The most perfect, yet terrifying insight into my own tortured soul. Lilith seeps into your brain and perhaps more tellingly your groin. Sexy, erotic, and capable of bringing out your own hidden desires. A masterpiece within its genre.
Adriana
Before starting this review I must admit that I’m not the target audience for these types of stories. Paranormal romance is not my field of expertise or interest, and the Goth scene has never captured my attention. So please bear that in mind while reading the rest of this review.

“Starblood” begins strong. Satori is a Goth/Magician obsessed with his ex-girlfriend, and determined to win her back using every available tool. When we first meet him he’s in the middle of a complicated spell that, if
Andrew
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can safely say that I have never read anything quite like “Starblood”, the first of a 3-part series by Carmilla Voiez. The author (or her editor or publisher) warns at the end of the back cover that “This book contains erotic material ...” However, my limited exposure to erotica has involved material which is designed to bridge between the emotional aspects of love and its more physical demonstrations. Voiez shows herself quite proficient at this. However, not every sexual encounter comes off ...more
Mad about
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Steve a.k.a Satori is desperate to win back his girlfriend Star and uses his magic to get her back. Thinking he's prepared and know's what to do he performs the ritual and summons the demon Lilith to help him. His naivety costs him as Lilith escapes and casts her wrath upon humanity whilst being drawn to Star.

Star a.k.a Sarah has had enough of Steve's controlling odd behaviour and with the support of her flatmates she tries to move on but is always drawn back to him until a beautiful woman enter
Julie
Jan 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ebook: Starblood (The Starblood Trilogy)
Author: Carmilla Voiez
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
I was given this by the author for an honest review
Summary: In a seedy Goth club, a beautiful woman dances, waiting to be set free. Along an unlit street, another woman stumbles, fleeing her pursuer. In a darkened room, a man speaks to demons.
Starb
Yvonne Davies
Steve or Satori to his friends loved magic. Having split up with his girlfriend Sarah (Star) all he could think off was getting her back. Using his research, he calls upon a demon to give him extra power to get Sarah back. However, in steps Lilith succubus, serpent, temptress of Eve, first wife of Adam, dark mother.
Satori was infatuated with Star to the point that it was an obsession. He was overconfident with his powers which made him come across as arrogant and cocky. Star was the complete opp
Dianna
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just put down my kindle after reading this book. I loved it. Most of the time, if a book really impresses me, I write my review right after reading when the impression of the story is still with me. It's really early on Saturday morning, but I had to write this review straight away.

The story has the darkness of goth, with magickal rituals and spells, a twisted and evil demon, obsession, yet love and some light exists. I couldn't bear to tear myself away from the story when I had to return to m
Cindy Smith
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Goth meets magic, June 4, 2013

This review is from: Starblood (The Starblood Trilogy) (Kindle Edition)
Satori wants his ex-girlfriend, Star, back. Star just wants to be left alone by him, as she is tired of all his talk about magic and his self serving ways. Since he dabbles in magic, he decides to preform a rite to get her back. Unfortunately, he unleashes Lilith, a demon whose main goal is death and destruction.

As Satori tries to figure out how to send Lilith back, Lilith sets out after Star.
As
Stella Coulson
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
'Starblood' is a most impressive novel which will redefine the Paranormal and Horror genre. Satori makes a deal with the demonic dark goddess Lilith in the desire to win back his former paramour. Magic comes at a great price, when what he gets isn't exactly what he wished for. Star is the object of Satori's affection, but Lilith has other plans. His deal with Lilith reshapes the destiny of Satori, Star, Lilith and the people they hold dear, resulting in events none could have predicted. A novel ...more
Jodie Scott
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Queens Of the Darkside
Starblood
So this is the first graphic novel I have ever read so I don't really have anything to go on. I can however say that I was pleased with the book and how into I got! I assumed it would be like a comic which it is in a sense but the saying ‘a picture says a thousand words’ comes into play with this book. It's detailing is fabulous considering there are not many words and graphics have been tastefully done!
The thing I loved the most is that your imaginati
Aneesa Price
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A review of Starblood (The Starblood Trilogy) by Carmilla Voiez

At first I thought that this must be a YA novel as the introductory character, Steve, was so immature in his obsessive love. Then, within a few pages, I thought... mmm... there's more to this. And indeed there was! This isn't the average tale of demons and darkness. What I appreciated about this was the accountability the author places on the actions of the characters and the dominoe effects into the abyss of evil that these actions
Zoe
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful work of art. Incredibly Gothic to match its plot, with writing that can be compared to Edgar Allan Poe, for its typical Gothic nature, and is so Stephen King in places, it's great!

Beautifully harrowing, the plot centres around a Goth magician, Steve/Satori and his attempts to bring his ex-girlfriend back to his arms. Simple enough, but throw in a sensual demon and a great chunk of erotica, it becomes so much more. Whilst the horror is quite brutal in places, the sex is carefu
The Cat
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
British? Check.

Weird magic and demons? Check.

A goddess? Hell, check!

This book is weird in a good way. The magic is not Harry Potter style - wands and elixirs and such stuff. This magic is dark, unpredictable and bloody. The book is not YA - it has too much gore for it, but I wouldn't call it a book for adults either. The characters are in their twenties, but they are deep and we get no Mary Sues, what I appreciate. If you enjoy horror, fantasy, demons and gods, give it a try. It's a nice diversi
Donna
How do I even begin to review this book? Steve, aka Satori (his chosen name), tries to call forth a demon to help him win back Sarah (aka Star). Lilith is curious at who would do something so stupid, like call forth a demon, and steps through the rip. Steve has no control over her and is worried for Sarah's safety. Sarah has no idea what is in store for her.

There is a bit of graphic violence. Lilith is a bad-ass and let's just say that she likes to "make the punishment fit the crime". Also, the
Isaiyan Morrison
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-enjoyed
I had a vague idea about what to expect before reading. However, I’m not the only one according to other reviews on Goodreads.

With that being said, the novel starts off incredibly strong. Satori, a magician, has accidentally freed the demon Lilith from her hell. We follow him through the novel as he tries to find a way to put the beast back in her cell.

It’s like a Gothic tragedy filled with dark magic and dark forces. Personally I loved Lilith’s character. She’s strong and takes no shit from an
Jessica
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series by Author Carmilla. This story had so much to it. Everything was told perfectly. This series is no short story. Took me 6 days to read the trilogy. With very little sleep. I was full of wonder where her characters lives were going to take them. This book holds multitude of emotions. I felt love and hate! Trust and malice! Dark fantasy and magic! Lust and passion! Forgiveness and Greed! I could go on and on and this review would never get done :) I would recommend this book to ...more
Nelson Mongiovi
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Carmilla Voiez frightens me – and so do her books. Starblood is fast paced, gothic horror at its best. Your head will be spinning as the characters take you on a terrifying, erotic and violent journey into different realms. Squeamish people beware and buckle-up before you start reading. The book is hard to put down... (I installed a phone app so I could lie in bed and finish it). Carmilla has definitely earned her title as “The Queen of Horror”.
Pamela
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a really good story. Sarah aka Star met a man named Steve aka Satori. Satori does magic. He met Sarah one day at a party Sarah's good friend and roommate Raven was having. Their other roommate, Donna didn't like Steve, knew he was bad news. Well Steve and Sarah had a relationship, then they broke up. Well, Steve aka Satori decided to summon up a demon in order to get Sarah aka Star to come back to him. Lo and Behold, the demon Lilith comes through and all hell breaks loose. A must read
Ann Rawson
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A very gripping read, from the opening scene to the very last page. It's a Faustian kind of story, but the characters are unique and modern and live in world where the magical and the mundane co-exist. I'm longing to know what happens next. I'm not usually a horror fan, but this one drew me in.

I know Carmilla and was privileged to read this as a work in progress. An excellent novel and I am happy to recommend it.
Butterfly Bridge Reviews
Starblood is a heart stopping, gut wrenching, nail biting horror story that takes you to the edge of your seat and squeezes the air out of you. The scenes are so graphic and the details are amazing.
I am so glad I was given the opportunity to read the amazing story. It is fast becoming one of my favorites.

If you are squeamish well you might want to read with a buddy. Horror story lovers will be amazed and thrilled with this story. I look forward to more.
Kate Robbins
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Being completely new to Carmilla's writing, I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this book. It was definitely not what I expected at all. Though I don't know much about witchcraft or demons, it was still easy enough to understand what was going on. And what I didn't understand, I looked up. So not only was it a great read, I also learned some new things.
Vamptasy and Kara...: Starblood, Carmilla Voiez 3 12 Sep 09, 2012 01:15AM

• The Devil's Fire (The Devil's Gate Trilogy, #2)
  • Zanaikeyros: Son of Dragons (Pantheon of Dragons, #1)
  • The Naughty Box
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • White Walls and Straitjackets
  • Storm (Storm Chronicles #6)
  • Letting Go  (Letting Go, #1)
  • Voices of the Damned
  • Harley (Awakening #1)
  • Solstice  (Solstice Chronicles #1)
  • Billion Dollar Urge
  • Hot Redemption
  • Trinity (Brethren, #1)
  • Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)
  • Noir (Crimson Shadow, #1)
Carmilla Voiez is a proudly bisexual and mildly autistic introvert who finds writing much easier than verbal communication. A life long Goth, living with two kids, two cats and a poet by the sea.

She is passionate about horror, the alt scene, intersectional feminism, art, nature and animals. When not writing, she gets paid to hang out in a stately home and entertain tourists.

Carmilla grew up on a