Start by marking “The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Templar Legion (Templar, #5)

The Templar Legion (Templar #5)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  679 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
This title has been removed from sale by Penguin Group, USA.
Published June 1st 2011 by Signet Book (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar Legion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar Legion

Debbie
3.5 actually. I liked this book a lot. Thrilling and hilarious.
Speesh
Dec 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It won't win me many converts I'm thinking, and I'll no doubt be shunned at The Discerning Blogger's Christmas Dinner and Dance...but who cares? This was a really rather fine read. Perhaps the best of the series so far. Speaking as a connoisseur of Paul Christopher's Templar series that is.

as with most of the others, this is enjoyable, readable hokum. This one is more enjoyable, the readability is at the top and the hokum is kept to a believable minimum. He's not had many facts to spread around
Monica
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, donated, megan
So, it may have helped if I had read Templar #1-#4. I was confused for about the first half of this book. The character acquisition clearly was done before and there was a lot of characters. A LOT! and (I don't think this is a spoiler but continue at your own risk) many were killed off without contributing to the story all that much.

The premise? An archaeologist uncovers a tomb which gives him clues to riches unknown. Others also become aware of this and the fight is on.

A little Indiana Jones,
Jeremy
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
just what they found at the beginning of the book, gives it 5 stars
Tim Shepard
Of all the books in this series so far I found this to be a stretch for the author. It was as if he was trying to introduce new characters, remove old ones, and lead into the next book. While it is well written it felt rushed and missing as vital plot to hold it together.
Beryl Thompson
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Templar adventure s

Enjoyed it and found if very exciting especially towards the end. I did not understand all the military jargon but it did not take anything away from the plot
Matt
Jul 31, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Having read all the books that Christopher Hyde has penned under the PAUL CHRISTOPHER banner, I was quite unimpressed with this, the latest in the Templar series. The Templat theme has been swept to the wayside, leaving us only with crumbs of its presence. We are left with another, perhaps more dramatic storyline, with small tidbits of Templar talk and ideeas, but nothing like the earlier stories.

Christopher introduces the theme of Templars with his intro and some early chapters. I find it funny
Bryan
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To my mind, this is the book where the series really hits its stride. The characters of Peggy and Rafi lead Doc into the heart of Africa in search of a Templar tomb. Along the way, a new character is introduced in the form of Eddie the Cuban ex-patriot boatman.

While searching for the tomb, Doc and his party are distracted (as is the story) by the background plot of African dictators, Western carpet- baggers, and vicious atrocities. Along the way, they encounter lost Vikings in a plot that remin
Heather
Sep 29, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was really disappointing compared to the others in the series. While it has the same main characters, it really has nothing to do with the Templars. They're pretty much just a side note. It seems the author wanted to write about the conflicts in Africa and how bad certain things are, but wanted to get the people already reading the series to read it. I read this series because of the historical facts and the Templars; the clues and the puzzles. This was strictly war and gore. And it's g ...more
Stephen
Apr 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As always Paul Christopher creates a fun read. This is not exactly your typical chase novel because there is so much going on in the background with the bad guys. In fact it reads more of a confluence of multiple factions into a "How Will It Work Out?" ending. I enjoyed the history mystery and how it all came together. It's nice to believe that at least in fiction there are still lost worlds to discover.

I enjoyed this book and the continuing adventeres of "Doc" Holliday. The Templars were more
Donna
Aug 13, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
On one hand I like this book very much, but...there were spots that were a bit slow and somewhat confusing. The premise is a good one, lost Templar treasures, a lost Viking raiding party and a secret burial chamber deep into the jungle on a small island. This was an enjoyable read, but as I said sometimes a bit confusing and that made it a bit less enjoyable for me. I like Paul Christopher and have read other books and enjoyed them immensely. I would say to judge this one for yourself.
Mavis Hewitt
A bit more than an action/adventure story, as the 'baddie's' plot is complex. Switches between goodies & baddies approx. every chapter which slows the pace of both, (makes it easy to stop reading & go to sleep!). The 'wrap up' at the end lacked detail. First of these I've read, will still try another if it comes my way.
Rudy
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As I have gotten further into this series (this is the 5th book); the historical Templar component is becoming less important as the series becomes more of a straight thriller. The history is what first brought me to the series, I hope it starts to become a bigger part of the story again. The action is fast paced and compelling, just looking for more history.
Melissa
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 10-cent-sale
So conflicted on how to review this book. As part of the Templar series (#5) it lacked a lot that the others provide. But as a single book it is pretty good. A lot of unexpected plot twists. A lot of gore. I like the author's writing style, why I've read so many of his books and have some more to read.
Dave Selby
It is a bit of a sidetrack from the previous books. The book took longer for me to read then the previous four, however I'm still interested in the characters and the storyline that this series has created.
Tony
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Huge of fan of this author who combines historical facts with interesting adventure created about Knights Templar. Believe this is among my favorites in series because of location. Highly recommend to mystery fans who like history & or Templar Knights.
Marshall Clowers
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Doc" winds up deep in the African jungle, up to his neck H. Rider Haggard style. Following Rafi, he and Peggy find themselves on the run from the Sinclair clan (again), but that is the least of their problems.
Tommy
Feb 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 5th book in the Templar series. This one has some interesting history regarding Vikings and the last Templar knight along with the up-to-date story line. I enjoyed this one more than the last one.
Robert
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x2011-12-season
Better paced and plotted than some of the previous entries in the series , with more well-realized secondary characters and fewer outrageous appeals to coincidence and Deus ex Machina to wrap up the story.
James Burke
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-fiction
It was a pretty good read, fast paced and kind of Indiana Jones ish. The only disappointing thing was that there was surprisingly very little Templar tie ins, considering the book is called The Templar Legion.
Rita McDowell
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Once again a great read from beginning to the end! While each book is an excellent stand alone read, highly recommend reading them in order as the story line just gets better and better! Enjoy!
Eric Wright
A fun read for a summer week about a threesome searching for Solomon's mines but get caught up in a freedom fighter trying to overcome a cruel African dictator. A book to just settle down an enjoy.
Larry Lange
It takes two thirds of the book before it gets interesting and then doesn't finish real well. Not sure I want to read any more of Christopher's books.
Amber Swope
Although a bit bloodier that it needed to be, it was a fun airplane read. I like the main character and find the quasi-historical plots interesting.
Tracy Jones
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced - good read.
Kenzie
Jun 28, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
quick read.... as most the books in this series are. wasn't bad.
Donald Harwick

It was a bad read, but too much like others in its genre. The storyline was simplistic and the character interaction banal. There was a lightness to the book and it read quickly.
Bill Donhiser
A fun read, as long as you do not put too much thought in it. great for beside the pool or at the beach.
Tracy
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this one a little on the boring side, I know the author is trying to tie the series of the books together, but I think this one could have just been missed.
Mom
Oct 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good adventure story. If you like templar advenure add it to your list.
  • The Mask Of Troy (Jack Howard, #5)
  • The Bonaparte Secret (Lang Reilly #5)
  • The Genesis Plague
  • The Nosferatu Scroll (Chris Bronson, #4)
  • Newton's Fire
  • Beyond Eden (Eden Thrillers #2)
  • The Atlantis Revelation (Conrad Yeats Adventure, #3)
  • Death In The Latin Quarter
  • A Dubious Plan (Colton Banyon Mysteries, #5)
  • The Devil's Elixir (Templar, #3)
  • The Prophecy (Payne & Jones, #5)
  • Bible of the Dead
  • The Lost Angel
  • God's Mechanics: How Scientists and Engineers Make Sense of Religion
  • Held at a Distance: My Rediscovery of Ethiopia
  • The Barefoot Emperor: An Ethiopian Tragedy
  • On the Fifth Day (Thomas Knight, #1)
  • The Lost Library
Paul Christopher is a pseudonym used by the author Christopher Hyde.

More about Paul Christopher...

Templar (9 books)
  • The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1)
  • The Templar Cross (Templar, #2)
  • The Templar Throne (Templar, #3)
  • The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)
  • Red Templar (Templar, #6)
  • Valley Of The Templars (Templar, #7)
  • Lost City of the Templars (Templar, #8)
  • Secret of the Templars (Templar, #9)