Start by marking “Return of the Thief (The Queen's Thief, #6)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Thief (The Queen's Thief, #6)

Return of the Thief

(The Queen's Thief #6)

The thrilling, twenty-years-in-the-making, conclusion to the New York Times–bestselling Queen’s Thief series, by Megan Whalen Turner. This beloved and award-winning series began with the acclaimed novel The Thief. It and four more stand-alone volumes bring to life a world of epics, myths, and legends, and feature one of the most charismatic and incorrigible characters of f ...more
Expected publication: August 25th 2020 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Thief, please sign up.
Laurie Just found this on Amazon for the sixth book:

Publisher: Greenwiliow Books - August 25, 2020

A delay, but not surprising with so many things to tie up…more
Just found this on Amazon for the sixth book:

Publisher: Greenwiliow Books - August 25, 2020

A delay, but not surprising with so many things to tie up in this last book(less)
Jackie MWT announced that this will be the last one.

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Jul 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
I don't know if I can wait until April 2019 now summer 2020 *sobs* for this! Maybe I should just reread the whole series ...
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
2' after learning about the delay : I.... I just really wanted 2019 to be worth it, yknow? 😭😭😭

3' later : This said, I'd wait twenty years for Eugenides. So it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it's okay it'
- ̗̀ DANY  ̖́- (danyreads)
concept: everyone in this book has A GOOD DAY
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Jul 18, 2018 marked it as please-give-me-ii
I cannot wait to finish this series, but either way, may I just say: the covers of this series are so excellent holy shit

here are my other series thoughts:
book one - ★★★☆☆
And so it begins.

BUT ALSO:

BUT ALSO:

EDIT 1/24/19

Okay, so after reading THIS part of the blurb...:

"Perfect for fans of Leigh Bardugo, Marie Lu, Patrick Rothfuss, and Sarah J. Maas."

WHAT. EW. WTF. No.

Just...no.

Whoever wrote that needs their head checked. And then rechecked. And then maybe just take the whole thing off all together.

MWT blows all four of those authors out of the water, and I will plant myself and die on that hill.

Seriously.

Let's think about this: her books are about 300 pg long
anne
Aug 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
This should be called "The King of Kings"!
Elevetha
Aug 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
Recommended to Elevetha by: Miss Clark
OH MY GOSH

Originally:

So unbelievably happy that there is a sixth planned.

description

Less so that the publisher will most likely s.......I shan't say it.

But please, I beg of thee, Greenwillow, publish this book when the manuscript is available. And Megan, take all the time you need to make it better than as good as KoA.

Until then:

Also, thank you, thank you, thank you, for introducing me to THIS series. I shall be forever indebted to you and it shall never be enough. Thank you, Miss Clark.
Rubal
Jun 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: wish-list, fantasy
eta: it's been delayed to 2020. kellykapoorjuicecleanse.gif

update:

Neither accepted nor beloved, Eugenides is the uneasy linchpin of a truce on the Lesser Peninsula, where he has risen to be high king of Attolia, Eddis, and Sounis. As the treacherous Baron Erondites schemes anew and a prophecy appears to foretell the death of the king, the ruthless Mede empire prepares to strike.

ahhhhhhhhhhh. this is too much!! istg, if there is one (1) scratch on eugenides...

xx

"Expected publication: March 19t
Cila
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t need to read this to know it’s going to be deserving of a 5 star review. So EXCITED!!
Jasmine
IRENE POV. IRENE POV. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Update: Not gonna get one, according to this interview. But I can dream, can't I?

(I know nothing about this book I just neeeed it.)
Amy
Aug 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
So, there is a synopsis now, and I am 100% certain I am going to bawl my eyes out when I finish this series.

I don't know if I can handle it. Heck, I'm already tearing up.

Jamie (ReadsinTrees) Dacyczyn
And now the cover and description were just revealed!!!! *internal meltdown*

Title and release date just announced!! *uncontrollable sobbing*
AMythicalBeast
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I don't care if it's not out yet (or even confirmed). Megan Whalen Turner is simply incapable of disappointing me. This will definitely deserve all five stars. (There be elephants!!)
twice_baked✌️
It's called RETURN of the Thief...!! So. Guess who's back and better than ever! I can't wait to see him back in action, returned to normal! ok...maybe not so normal. But still doing what he's best at doing. I caaaan't wait so I think I'm going to reread the series while I do.

description
Nana
Mar 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
I need this book because if it's going to be the last book of the series, I need that hardbound collection pack / hardcover bundle whatever you call it. I can't buy the 5 books hardcover pack when I know there'll be a 6th one! Books come and go but this is my forever favorite omg.

I CAN IMAGINE HOW BEAUTIFUL A QUEEN'S THIEF COLLECTION TRUNK IS GOING TO LOOK LIKE IN MY HOUSE.
Other books be jealous because I'll be playing favoritism. lol
Kcatty
Jun 08, 2011 marked it as not-released
Shelves: hale-turner, to-get
Oh, really, people? I mean, I know the series is awesome and all, but aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? Anything could happen. I know that this book is likely, but not really confirmed. Just, don't get too excited.
BTW, is NO ONE ELSE checking up on this? Come on, nobody googles "megan whalen turner new book"? The Enchanted Inkpot interview was fantastic! People!
Joanna (BookandPages)
Jul 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
I would sell all of my other books for an arc of this book lemme tell ya.

Update: no one has come to buy all my books so alas, I can only assume I am not getting an arc of this!

2nd Update: I am SO excited for this book, March can't come soon enough. Please someone, help me find an arc of this book!!!!
This is Lava (MardyBum) ★★★★☆
and a prophecy appears to foretell the death of the king -- THE WHAT OF THE WHO NOW??!?!?
Tamar
Feb 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
2020????????????
Elza B
Jun 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
WE HAVE A TITLE AND RELEASE DATE
I WILL NOW MUMMIFY MYSELF AND RE-EMERGE ON MARCH 19, 2019, NO ONE DO ANYTHING STUPID WHILE I'M GONE
Sharla
Feb 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
The release date has been pushed back to 2020!!
Megan Whalen Turner posted this on her tumblr. Here's the link to her announcement in her own words.

I'm struggling and disappointed and sad. However, there is so much riding on this last book and I want it to be the absolute best it can be. Therefore if MWT needs more time, she should take more time to make this the ending it needs to be.

Until then my fellow fans. We shall be waiting not so patiently.
If you want to talk and discuss the books with f
Janine Ballard
Jun 29, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2020-releases
Update: I just heard from author Emma Barry, who had preordered this book, that Amazon emailed her saying that publication is delayed until August of 2020. I will try to be patient!

The Daydreamologist
Recommends it for: Every fan of The Queen's Thief
Recommended to The Daydreamologist by: My inner fangirl
*sees cover*

*reads the title*

It actually says Return Of The Thief . *round eyes*

And it's red.
I'm quite struck speechless here. But isn't March next year just too far way???
Adibah Atiqa (persephtiyareads)
HOLLY SHIT THE COVER IS BEAUTIFUL

I CAN'T WAIT :')
Tennyson C. Robin
Jun 29, 2018 marked it as fiction-must-read
WHAAAT??? I haven't checked this in, like, a day and it has a title AND an expected publication date now??? What does it mean by 'return' of the Thief? Does it mean he leaves Attolia to be Eddisian Thief again or, after two books told by and about other characters we finally have Eugenides as the main protagonist like the first three? Or is it about a new Eugenides - the title, not the man - assigned to Eddis herself? Will it be one of his heirs? Will he have an heir now? What POV would it be th ...more
Jul 20, 2018 marked it as to-read
Those editions are killing me, they are majestic. I need to read the other books in the series... AAAAH!
I'm glad to see that Megan Whalen Turner is writing her books a little faster, I feared she was turning into G.R.R Martin 😆
H.S.J. Williams
-incoherent screaming-
Nitzan Schwarz
Aug 09, 2018 marked it as not-published
ADSDHFSAOJDDFDJGJ WE HAVE A COVER

WHAT IS GOING ON

ARE WE REALLY GETTING THIS SO SOON????

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?!
Lauren
Oct 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
I cannot even express my level of anxiety about this book. I am so excitednervous aaaaaahhhhh I can't take it.
LizLaw
May 19, 2018 marked it as to-read
I REQUIRE THIS IMMEDIATELY.
The Queen's Thief...: Speculation about book 6 7 27 Feb 13, 2019 06:25PM

• The Place on Dalhousie
  • Deathcaster (Shattered Realms, #4)
  • Igniting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #2)
  • Untitled (A Resurrection of Magic, #3)
  • Untitled (The Iron Covenant, #2)
  • Ebon (Pegasus, #2)
  • The True Queen (Sorcerer Royal, #2)
  • Tempests and Slaughter 2 (The Numair Chronicles, #2)
  • Find Me (Cyclone, #3)
  • Untitled (Shades of London, #4)
  • The Blacksmith (Iron Seas #5)
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #9)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #3)
  • Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
  • Untitled (The Witchlands, #4)
  • The Harp of Kings (Warrior Bards, #1)
  • The King of Crows (The Diviners, #4)
  • Cloudforest (Cloudforest, #1)
Megan Whalen Turner is the author of short stories and novels for children, teenagers and adults. She has won the LA Times Book Award for Young Adult LIterature, a Boston Globe/ Horn Book Honor and a Newbery Honor. She won the Mythopoeic Award and was shortlisted twice for the Andre Norton Award.

The Queen's Thief (6 books)
  • The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1)
  • The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2)
  • The King of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #3)
  • A Conspiracy of Kings (The Queen's Thief, #4)
  • Thick as Thieves (The Queen's Thief, #5)