Start by marking “Every Wish Fulfilled” as Want to Read:
Every Wish Fulfilled

Every Wish Fulfilled

(Heather Duvall #1)

Heather Duval, the Earl of Stonehurst's orphaned ward, has always known she will never marry. But she is content running the earl's grand country manor -- until Damien Tremayne hires on as estate manager. Then Heather suddenly fears her world may never be the same. Intense and fiercely passionate, Damien arouses feelings long denied -- with only one kiss

Questions about his
Published September 27th 2005 by Avon (first published January 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Every Wish Fulfilled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Wish Fulfilled

Start your review of Every Wish Fulfilled
Robin
Damien Treymaine, the new Earl of Deverell, is on a mission to find the man who murdered his brother. In hopes of flushing out a killer, Damien takes a job as Estate Manager at a large estate in Lancashire owned by Heather Duvall, the Earl of Stonehurst's orphaned ward. Heather is happy with her life in the country. She knows that no man will look at her twice after seeing her painful limp. But Damien makes Heather long for a different life. Should she take a chance on the mysterious man who has ...more
Lynsey A
This was another enjoyable read from Samantha James. This heroine was not stubborn like some of her past heroines I've read. This was a cute love story about a woman who thought she would never know love or babies because of her limp. Of course, we know she will get her HEA. However, it was interesting to read her journey.

Damien is a man driven by vengenance. He wants to find the man who murdered his brother. He thinks Heather is the key to finding him. As he soon learns everything is not always
Juliana Philippa
Not James's best - heroine was too weepy and the romance was angst-ridden (3.5 stars

[1835 - Lancashire and London, England:]
I read Every Wish Fulfilled a few years ago, but didn't remember anything and had never marked down a rating, so I thought I would read it again. I was disappointed, as the story had promise and James is a talented author, so I was expecting an enjoyable romance and revenge story.

Damien is an intense, brooding hero, all alone in the world now and bent on revenge and
Addie H
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I am re-reading all my 5 star rated romance novels. There are 60 on my shelf. This is book 14.

(Tropes: Secret Identity, Scarred heroine (limp), Spinster/Wallflower, Boss and Employee

This is how my 14th re-read held up.

description

It’s not a good sign when it takes you forever to write a review. It was definitely not worthy of 5 stars. But it’s not a 1 either.

**********
Scenario : While proficiently running her adoptive father’s country manor, Heather has put herself firmly on the shelf and never
Holly Full Moon Bites Book Reviews
~May have slight spoilers.~

Damien Tremayne is looking for the man who murdered his brother, and his search has led him to Heather Duval, the orphaned ward of the Earl of Stonehurst.

Heather, I found to be quite different from most heroines, she put up a very strong front but it quickly crumbled with the arrival of Damien--who she hires as her new estate manager.

She was vulnerable in a way only someone who has felt like an outsider all their lives can be. She was a little, I admit, a very sad
Daneesha
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
"This is absurd," she said weakly.
No, he almost said, This is love.

Best line of the book. Too bad it took me forever to get through it. I really like Samantha James but I did not care for this book.

The heroine (Heather) was too weak for my tastes. She was independent but it was just a false shell that she had built around herself. She longed for love, children, and a husband. Things that she feels that she will never have because she has a limp. So the hero (Damien) comes along and breaks this
Melinda
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Erfüll mein Verlangen
Samantha James

Kurzbeschreibung:
Heather Duval, das verwaiste Mündel des Grafen von Stonehurst, ist eine sehr selbstbewusste junge Lady, wenn es um Geschäftliches geht. Privat aber hat sie sich längst damit abgefunden, zur Einsamkeit verurteilt zu sein. Denn Heather hat ein Handicap . sie hinkt ein wenig. Als sie einen neuen Verwalter für die Güter des Grafen sucht, tritt Damien Tremayne in ihr friedliches Leben, dessen Bruder hier ermordet wurde. Lange Zeit hat Damien auf die
Winniehex
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heather Duval, verwaltet einen landwirtschaftlichen Hof/Gut in England. Als Sie einen neuen Verwalter für den Hof sucht, stellt sich der gutaussende Damien vor. Heather die sich mit der Einsamkeit aufgrund ihrer Krankheit schon abgefunden hat, fühlt sich trotzdem von Damien sehr angezogen. Der junge Mann hat aber einen besonderen Grund die Stelle auf den Hof anzunehmen, für ihn zählt nur eins und das ist Rache….

Ein wirklich guter historischer Roman, ich mag es wenn Bücher Geschichte
Susan Ross
This was a good read but I hate when the hero has sex with the heroine with no regard for her getting pregnant.

Our hero, Damien, is determined to find his brother's killer. This leads him to the killer's daughter, Heather, who, through a series of events, becomes the ward of an earl at the age of 4. She has no memory of her biological parents, no loss there. Her adoptive parents are wonderful.

Damien applies and gets a job as Heather's estate manager to see if she has connections to her father.
Joycee
Wow! This book is 20 years old?!

Still an enjoyable read. Glad that the evil birth father got his comeuppance...the treasure he'd been seeking being borderline corny. But I'm happy for Damien & Heather.

Did Bea ever get her own story?
Zoe
Oct 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: harpercollins
DNF
Not abominable. Just incompetent writing.
Bunga
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Saya kasih buku ini 3 bintang. Terlalu nge-fluff. Agak boring. Heroinenya tipe beta-female, jadi kurang greget. Terlalu minder sama kondisi dirinya dan pesimis banget sama nasibnya sendiri. Bukan tipikal heroine yang saya suka. Yah, ga nyalahin juga sih. Soalnya mungkin memang author sengaja membuat karakternya begitu.

Dua puluh tahun sebelum setting cerita dimulai--anggap aja prolog--ada seorang Earl yang sakit parah dalam perjalanannya ke London dan meninggal dunia di sebuah penginapan.
Lita Bouquard
Aug 25, 2012 rated it liked it
an ok romance with a beautiful, kind but independent, disabled woman. She meets a duke in disguise, who is searching for his brother's killer. She hires Mr. Lewis to manage her estate and an attraction sparks. Like Kevin Bacon they are connected by degrees, although she is not aware how.

Heather is kind, good and has managed to stifle dreams of marriage,and thought she had come to terms with her lack of opportunities. She struggles with jealousy, resentment and anger when she is once again forced
Shannon
Feb 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Heather Duval is the orphaned ward of an Earl and loved as their daughter. She runs her own estate and hires Damien Tremayne as her estate manager, although Damien is actually an Earl himself looking for the murderer of his brother who he believes to be Heather's biological father. An excellent story with interesting characters, mystery and love. I enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by Samantha James.
Cindy
Apr 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Regency romance with sex.

If you're a stickler for historical accuracy, skip this one. I hated it. The story reads like a teenager wrote it. I was floored by how many people thought this was good.

The whole story is based on the premise that in 1815 a man can murder people & get sent to Newgate for 20 years. I rather think that in 1815 a man who murders more than one person gets a one way ticket to the gallows. Story over.

Amber
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
So. Much. Melo.
Cornelia
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical, epub
read it several years ago. don't remember much altough I know I liked the Heroine very much.
Michele Lacroix
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, both the main characters were likeable.
Alisha
Arianne Cohen
Jan 16, 2013
Lisa
Jan 12, 2010

• The Year of Living Scandalously (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #1)
  • The Revenge of Lord Eberlin (The Secrets of Hadley Green, #2)
  • Beloved Enemy
  • The Bride's Necklace (Necklace Trilogy, #1)
  • The Highlander Who Protected Me (Clan Kendrick #1)
  • Deadly Vows (Francesca Cahill Deadly, #9)
  • It's Getting Scot in Here (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #1)
  • Scandalous (Banning Sisters, #1)
  • Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • Always
  • Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #1)
  • Forbidden Love
  • The Secrets of Sir Richard Kenworthy (Smythe-Smith Quartet, #4)
  • Love and Other Scandals (Scandalous, #1)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • Fool for Love (Duchess Quartet, #2)
  • Darling Annie
  • Winter Wishes: A Regency Holiday Romance Anthology
Growing up in Joliet, Illinois, Samantha James had many childhood aspirations--being a writer was never one of them. When she was ten, she was certain she was destined to be an astronomer. That soon changed (happened a lot during those pre-teen years!) when she decided archaeology was in her future. Detective work was her next goal, thanks to the Trixie Belden mysteries she was reading, and before ...more