Start by marking “Kick the Drink....Easily!” as Want to Read:
Kick the Drink....Easily!

Kick the Drink....Easily!

There is no such thing as an alcoholic and there is no such disease as alcoholism! (as society understands it). Whether you agree with this statement or not, one thing is for sure, you will never see alcohol in the same light ever again after reading this book. Jason Vale takes an honest and hard hitting look at people’s conceptions of our most widely consumed drug. Jason’
Published (first published March 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kick the Drink....Easily!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kick the Drink....Easily!

Start your review of Kick the Drink....Easily!
Kate
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
What a fun read! This guy made me laugh--and had so many great points. I was especially enamored of his notion that we miss out on absolutely nothing when we don't drink; in fact, it's a big win.

He gives great reasons why this is so. And that "being in recovery" can seem like such a drag because it's based on deprivation. He offers another way. Great stuff!

Even if I drink again, my relationship with alcohol will never be the same.
Naomi Gibbs
Amazing! There is no other word for this book. You can not love Jason Vales "no bullshit" attitude - he gets right to the point and not without a sense of humour either. I absolutley think that every adult in todays society should read this book with an open mind. You don't even have to set out never to drink again, you don't even have to give up or believe you want or need to cut down, I just want everyone to read the book and with an open mind. So many unknown facts about alcohol and "alcoholi ...more
Alana Bryant
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has changed my life!

After years of feeling miserable about my drinking, it finally makes sense. The "need" for alcohol was all an illusion. I am free! Thank you, Jason Vale! If you are considering reading this book, DO IT! I read it after I stopped drinking, but now I feel free vs. deprived. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Fiona Schofield
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Really good. Really puts you off the drink and makes you see it in a different light. I read it in January 2013 and still haven't been drunk is year. I now have 1-2 drinks occasionally and do not drink to get drunk :-)
Kristy Gillespie
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I’d recommend “Kicking the Drink…Easily!” by Jason Vale to anyone who’d like to either cut back on their alcohol consumption or cut it out of their life altogether.

Vale makes many valid points such as: “Alcohol is the only drug in the world where when you stop taking it, you are seen as having a problem.” This statement is so true! When people stop smoking, they’re often congratulated, but when people stop drinking alcohol, they’re often scrutinized.

Vale points out that our society promotes drin
Angelika
Feb 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Mr. Vale's book shows condescension towards the main stream methods of the treatment of alcohol dependency. He mocks those who consider alcoholism a disease; "there is no such thing as an alcoholic," but he states that anyone who drinks any amount is an "alcohol addict." Mr. Vale maintains it is very easy to stop drinking, you just stop, and be happy. The reason people think it's hard is because they've been brainwashed by advertising and other drinkers. Gross oversimplification, unsubstantiated ...more
Laura Collins
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. I honestly think that it will chant my life forever and I'm so happy to be alcohol free. I feel that the booze Matrix (or Truman Show as Jason Vale talks about) has been revealed to me. I can also so relate the the stuff about feeling deprived and miserable if I didn't drink. now I feel free and am loving not drinking which is something I never thought I'd say.
Tracie
Jan 09, 2017 rated it liked it
It was okay. Too much like Carr's book and a bit too repetitive. I'm sure if I read this book first before Carr's book, I would have liked it more.
Tim
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone struggling with alcohol needs to read this along with This Naked Mind by Annie Grace for not only the most accurate portrayal of the mental addiction (the real addiction) of alcohol but also the most revolutionary yet simple way to quit. Simple if you're ready to hear the truth that is. Both books have made a world of difference in my own thinking.
Claire
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was such an eye opener of how we have normalised binge drinking. It also makes you question what is the point of drinking when it usually leads to such regrets ,lows etc... it's been a while since I read this book but it did have a huge impact on my view towards alcohol. I only drink occasionally now and still always regret it.
Karen
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jason Vale's literary "voice" is reminiscent of a young Alan Carr. It's written in almost the exact same style, but the references are updated. Jason Vale is to booze what Alan Carr was to cigarettes! I found this book super interesting and very effective. It really makes you take a step back and see alcohol for what it really is - a poison.

The only part I disagree with is where he continually says that alcohol has no advantages whatsoever. If that were the case, I doubt anyone would touch the
Susan Geissler
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it
I would love to give this 5-Stars, but I can't. Not because it doesn't work, it does! I read Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Stop Drinking first, and the author of this book appears to have taken what he wrote, and just updated it since Carr is now deceased. That's ok, because the language and examples were a bit dated in Carr's book. Still, it's a little strange to read something that almost feels like something you read before that is just paraphrased from something else.

That being said, whichev
Alistair Miller
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a genuinely interesting take on the problems of alcohol. As Jason Vale, the author, states, alcohol is an addiction. It's a drink that poisons the body and he claims that there are no actual alcoholics. I can see some of his claims being disputed but there is a lot of logic to what he says. Plus he speaks from personal experience, having been a heavy drinker himself. For myself, I feel that I have read this book at exactly the right time. As I have started a much healthier lifestyle thes ...more
Jenna L. Selfridge
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Exposing alcohol for what it is

Highly recommend this book. It has given me so much more than any other book out there regarding sobriety and alcohol addiction. Jason vale smashed the idea that we are in recovery for life and that alcohol addiction can be cured, by exposing alcohol for what it is. He also talks a lot about society and the brainwashing we're exposed to all of our lives. This book made me realize it is my choice to not drink and I am finally free!!!
Storystitcher
Nov 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Very straight forward book. I love the analogy of wanting to go jump back into quicksand. I cannot however figure out why it is so close a copy of Allen Carr's book. Regardless, give what you read some serious thought and free yourself.
Lisa
Nov 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Might be ok for people who generally want to cut down or abstain but in regards to alcoholism, this book is dangerously ignorant. Also pompous and repetitive.
Lizzy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
A few issues. Alcohol doesn’t kill brain cells. It can damage the brain and impair cognition, but it doesn’t kill neurons. Also, he references Christopher Colombus a lot, but why? There’s a lot of little references that don’t quite add up or even apply to the points that he is trying to make. I wish that his research and anecdotes were better researched. But, his overarching theme was extremely helpful to me. It named the shame/ guilt cycle that society perpetuates when it comes to alcohol. It’s ...more
Mike Cates
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a few and to me the best book currently out there to stop drinking (2018)

I read Allen Carr’s easy way - loved the pitcher plant trap analogy , but it didn’t completely gel with me - I think because of the Language used -heavily British themed - this book is as well but far less so . Also read the naked mind and enjoyed it -some key new knowledge ,but this also didn’t gel totally with me .I think the social media support structure invites dependency and it was more from a woman’s perspe
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Started a “Dry January” and this was recommended reading for the blog that I am following. This is a very informative book. I was shocked by many of the stats and the true way that alcohol reacts in your body once you have a drink. I have done a Whole30 where you don’t drink for 30 days while altering your diet as well. But that plan did not really discuss alcohol avoidance for a continued healthy lifestyle plan. Jason Vale really focuses in on how alcohol is doing you no favors and actually mak ...more
Eva Pleska
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book only to give the right support to somebody close to me who used this book to help to himself. I rarely drink alcohol and never get drunk (Well less than 10 times in my life)
I guess I am not the right person to review this book but I can still have an opinion.
I find it very straight forward and no nonsense. It made me realise what I as a nondrinker already know and kinda don't understand why the others can't see.
I'd definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to stop dr
Angela
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elegantly written? No (but he tells you so straight away). Honestly and simply written? Absolutely. He's not an author or a guru, just a guy who's learned some valuable lessons he believes can change lives. I was skeptical, but he really has made me see booze and drinking in a whole new way. I think this book has come to me at exactly the right moment in my life. Regardless of your stance, give this book a chance- it's a game changer.
Jason L
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Potentially lifesaving and as important a book as u will ever read...

Do not be deceived by the title...any “drug” user can most certainly benefit from this book. If you read it and you are properly motivated, it can change your life for the better, and drastically. It could even save it.
Jeannette Nicolson
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book. As someone who has been concerned about a dependence on having a glass of wine ....or 3 a day .... just because....but starting to feel flat after only one glass.... but continue to drink because well... everyone else does. This is the first book that has actually given me the mental tools to realise I don’t need it. An easy read also.
Andyliddle1
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Excellent thought provoking book

I think Jason’s way of communicating about alcohol and the insidious trap which it places on large sections of our society. Whilst I commend huge portions of the book I think there should be recognition that everyone has their own journey with sobriety and that not everyone follows the same path. Nonetheless powerful stuff.
Tess Fisher
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Found the author to be a little preachy and evangelical, despite cautioning people to not have a holier than thou attitude. Preferred the facts and info as it was laid out in This Naked Mind, but could also be that much of the info was very similar so it was slightly repetitive. Definitely some good take-outs.
Tracy
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Do it now!!

I finished this book a couple of days ago and read it in conjunction with Allen Carr's book - I have stopped drinking - I no longer NEED to drink and feel so relieved, I know that I'll never drink again.
I stopped smoking with Allen Carr's method about 9 years ago so I know it works.
It works!!
Jessica Brooks
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! This way that Jason Vale describes at length to free myself from alcohol has worked and I've tried many other ways, including AA (which was a failure). I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to free themselves from the alcohol/drug addiction.
Steve Varrier
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Informative, repetitive but ultimately worth it

His writing style leaves a little to be desired, but the message comes across loud and clear (on repeat). Jason comes across a little preachy but I guess he's just proud and wants to help others.
Christina Oltmann
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Logical and practical!

The information that Vale provides is a very practical approach to understanding why, as a society, we drink. He removes the shame and fills the reader with fire and excitement to be free from the illusions of alcohol.
Tessa Baker
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Easy read. Makes so much sense

This is a really great, easy to read book on why and how we can be free from alcohol. He writes so passionately and really puts a positive spin on how easy it is to kick the habit

• The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober
  • The Sober Diaries: How one woman stopped drinking and started living
  • Alcohol Explained
  • This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol: Find Freedom, Discover Happiness & Change Your Life
  • Mrs D is Going Without: I used to be a boozy housewife. Now I'm not. This is my book.
  • Blackout: Remembering the Things I Drank to Forget
  • Alcohol Lied to Me: The Intelligent Way to Escape Alcohol Addiction
  • Unwasted: My Lush Sobriety
  • The Easy Way to Stop Drinking
  • A Happier Hour
  • We Are the Luckiest: The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life
  • Drinking: A Love Story
  • Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol
  • The Sober Revolution: Women Calling Time on Wine O'Clock
  • Girl Walks Out of a Bar: A Memoir
  • The Alcohol Experiment: A 30-Day, Alcohol-Free Challenge to Interrupt Your Habits and Help You Take Control
  • Drunk Mom
  • The Easy Way for Women to Stop Drinking
Jason Vale, the Juice Master, is a highly respected health, lifestyle and addiction coach. He has been described as 'the UK's Antony Robbins' and 'the Jamie Oliver of the health and juicing world', and famously helped Jordon lose two stone in three months on his Superjuice Diet.

A former trainer for Alan Carr in Birmingham, Jason went on to launch his own clinics and countrywide workshops. His semi