Start by marking “Let There Be Facebook: Status Updates from God, Gaga, and Everyone In Between” as Want to Read:
Let There Be Facebook: Status Updates from God, Gaga, and Everyone In Between

Let There Be Facebook: Status Updates from God, Gaga, and Everyone In Between

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Wickedly funny and irreverent, this hilarious parody of Facebook takes readers on a wild ride through the ages to imagine the status updates, profile pages, and late-night exchanges of the most famous figures in history.

The recent discovery of the ancient Ethernets has forever altered the way humanity views its past. Among the many amazing findings is a rich trove of Faceb
Published November 8th 2011 by Touchstone

To ask other readers questions about Let There Be Facebook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let There Be Facebook

Brandy
Aug 17, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hillarius! I read this book in like 20 minutes. It is written in the form of Facebook status updates and chat. There are also party invites and comments. The updates Include people like: God, Monica Lewinski, Adam & Eve, Cleopatra, Lady Baby Gaga, JFK, and more. Starts with God and goes in people history order. The party invites include The Black Plague, Fruit Eating Party, Salem Witch Trials, The Alamo, and so much more.
Ron Del Rosario
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was ok
Let There Be Facebook started out okay with funny "updates" that everyone could relate to but quickly degrades into a juvenile excuse for satire after a few pages.

You'll also need to research a lot of American history just to get most the jokes and will leave a lot of international readers scratching their heads.
Rivki Silver
Jan 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
While I like the concept, the execution was too bawdy and crass for my taste. The majority of the humor appeared to be centered around profanity, frat culture references (brah, bro, hook-ups), online abbreviations (LOL, FTW, OMG, etc.) and low-brow jokes. I was hoping for something a little more witty and intelligent. I didn't bother finishing it.
Michael Coats
Nov 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
A very quick read. The history is pretty good, and the humor is biting. It's a pop-culture review of world history, using a gimmick of presenting material as if it were gleaned from various Facebook status updates, event invites, etc. Some adult humor.
Runa
May 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
The sad thing is that this could have been a really good book. I've seen some "historical" Facebook conversations on Tumblr and they can be pretty hilarious when done right. This was not done right. This was sloppy frat boy humor.
Jen
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
While the concept is awesome, it's not really worth a repeat read. But it is worth showing people who know a bit about history for some laughs.

And there is no SHARE button to share some of the better ones on Facebook! D: What's up with that?!
Mirek Kukla
May 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: humor
Occasionally funny short-burst reading - great taking-a-dump material. Otherwise, completely forgettable. Won't take you more than 45 minutes to read it from cover to cover, so it's rather a ripoff, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't giggle every once in a while.
Alana
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book!! It was sooooo funny and I actually learned some things about history (surprising). I might have to give this to my history teacher because he has this kind of sense of humor. Overall a wonderful book and I'm glad I grabbed it!
Stephanie
has some solid lol moments
Juliana
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor, technology
Cute, but the kind of humor that is better designed to stay as a website. I picked it up at the library and certainly glad I didn't buy it.
Gospodyina
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Fun. More fun than actual Facebook. It'd be equally fun just as a Tumblr, though.
Maddie Davidson
Dec 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this a couple of years ago when I was going through a bad time and wanted something fun and light and this was perfect. Really cheered me up. Very funny!
Vanessa
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Just a good comedy to give u some laughs!!! The end was a bit of a stretch but it was a good quick read
Mary
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, finished
A quick and funny read into history. Some may not like it for the type of humor used, given the way people actually use Facebook, the humor is well-played.
Marianna
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious and a great quick read. Completely silly and wonderful.
Mike Lambert
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
The best in the series. The second book pushes the bullshit campy humor a little too far and makes it dull
Jennie
Dec 26, 2012
Cherie
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: history, humor
Hilarious at parts; just okay at others.
Holly